Haven't won on the road against the Chargers since 1981

Another Fan

Rivers will be either out or facing the effects of a concussion. This is as good a time as any to break this streak of futility. The Playoff loss in San Diego in early 1981 is still one of my saddest Bills memories. They played a great game and shut down an incredible offense only to lose on a flukey pass play when they got burned on a blitz!! I will never forget that horrible feeling of watching that Chargers receiver run to the end zone. Of course wide right was even worse, but that one still stings!

10 hours ago, Another Fan said:

There was also the playoff loss a little earlier that year as well in January. 

Oh, that playoff loss!  It was one of the most heartbreaking losses ever, yes, including Wide Right.  The Bills won 11 games that year after 4 straight losing seasons (including a 2-win season in '76).  Joe Ferguson was playing on a badly-strained ankle and played heroically.  Bills had a 14-3 lead at halftime but couldn't hold on, and Fergy had a difficult time passing on a very windy day. The Bills gave up a long TD late to Dan Fouts.

I was watching it with my father and a friend of his.  After it was over, the friend said "Oh well, it's just a game."  I wanted to kill him.

http://www.nytimes.com/1981/01/04/sports/chargers-oust-bills-20-14-eagles-rally-to-win-by-31-16.html

17 minutes ago, RussBrandon said:

Oh, that playoff loss!  It was one of the most heartbreaking losses ever, yes, including Wide Right.  The Bills won 11 games that year after 4 straight losing seasons (including a 2-win season in '76).  Joe Ferguson was playing on a badly-strained ankle and played heroically.  Bills had a 14-3 lead at halftime but couldn't hold on, and Fergy had a difficult time passing on a very windy day. The Bills gave up a long TD late to Dan Fouts.

I was watching it with my father and a friend of his.  After it was over, the friend said "Oh well, it's just a game."  I wanted to kill him.

http://www.nytimes.com/1981/01/04/sports/chargers-oust-bills-20-14-eagles-rally-to-win-by-31-16.html

That friend needed his man card taken away from him..