49ers could be our trading partner

Niagara Dude

On 11/13/2017 at 10:32 AM, Buffalo30 said:

Mahomes hasn't done anything so...as for Watson, I think they felt it would've been redundant getting him.  His play was similar to Tyrod's.  Shorter QB with at the time accuracy issues and scrambled a lot.  That probably raised red flags to them.  It potentially ended up being a mistake.  However, look at all of the running QBs that have come out of the draft lately.  A lot of them seem to be getting hurt frequently in the early part of their career.  Maybe they wanted a pocket passer instead.  

Watson had a 400 yard passing game with 50 yards rushing 

Tyrod has a 56 yard passing game and a 125 yard passing game 

Thet are nothing alike.    

Rosen or Rudolph is the pick I hope.  

Edited by Air it out Fitzy

53 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Right-o.  Good veteran OLers are always fighting to come play for the Bills with their 2 winning seasons in the last 17 years, especially for the peanuts that OBD deems OLers are worth.  That's why Vlad Ducasse is the Bills starting RG.

We are talking about OL, not Peyton Manning here, get real.

1 hour ago, NewDayBills said:

We are talking about OL, not Peyton Manning here, get real.

I WAS talking about OL.   The going rate for a good veteran LT, even if he's older like Andrew Whitworth, is $10-11 million annually.  RTs are somewhat less and OGs and C are less but don't count on getting any quality OLers for under $5 million a year each in FA.  Yeah, a team can spend less but you get what you pay which is why Vlad Ducasse, perennial failed OG, is the Bills starter. 

Depending on who they like, they might not have to trade up at all.

Peterman could be a massive failure and the Bills lose out. Or he could be the answer and the Bills can stay where they are in their draft position and take another young QB somewhere other than the first round.

This thing gets interesting now as we see how it all plays out the rest of the season.

3 hours ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

Watson had a 400 yard passing game with 50 yards rushing 

Tyrod has a 56 yard passing game and a 125 yard passing game 

Thet are nothing alike.    

Rosen or Rudolph is the pick I hope.  

But coming out of college that is tough to evaluate.  The only reason Watson was so successful is because of the Clemson look-a-like scheme that Houston ran.  Tyrod is trying to run an NFL scheme and he just can't do it.  I don't know how Watson would run an NFL scheme.  

I like a few QBs but the system we run requires a QB with some mobility.  Luckily, most QBs in college nowadays have at least some kind of wheels.  To me, it is important to separate the ones that just can run and the ones that can throw on the run.  I know he has looked rough in some games but Josh Allen has proven he can make all of the throws while on the move.  I wouldn't be shocked if they take a flier on him and see if they can coach him.  We have a good amount of weapons on this team for a rookie QB.  Whoever they get if they decide to draft someone, should be able to produce with what we have and I'm sure they will add more if they get a QB.  

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

But coming out of college that is tough to evaluate.  The only reason Watson was so successful is because of the Clemson look-a-like scheme that Houston ran.  Tyrod is trying to run an NFL scheme and he just can't do it.  I don't know how Watson would run an NFL scheme.  

I like a few QBs but the system we run requires a QB with some mobility.  Luckily, most QBs in college nowadays have at least some kind of wheels.  To me, it is important to separate the ones that just can run and the ones that can throw on the run.  I know he has looked rough in some games but Josh Allen has proven he can make all of the throws while on the move.  I wouldn't be shocked if they take a flier on him and see if they can coach him.  We have a good amount of weapons on this team for a rookie QB.  Whoever they get if they decide to draft someone, should be able to produce with what we have and I'm sure they will add more if they get a QB.  

Whatever system that puts 30-40 points on the board works for me.   

4 minutes ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

Whatever system that puts 30-40 points on the board works for me.   

A lot of NFL coaches refuse to run college systems like Houston has done because they aren't familiar with it.  Houston's head coach coming from college is a perfect pairing for Watson.  Not sure how he'd have done on almost any other team.  He really struck gold.