An Honest Assessment: Who are our keepers?

Just now, Buffalo30 said:

But you want to take the Cleveland approach which fired a coach every year??  That's your blueprint...Cleveland changed that too by giving Hue Jackson a chance.  They may not be winning games but they finally have some talent on that team and have been a little competitive.  They were horrid in terms of talent when he took over.  With another year or more likely two they will have a lot of young talent on that team.  I like the long term approach.  So much overturn hurts players.  I feel bad for what Kyle Williams went through in his career here.  

Am I calling for them to be fired????  NO but I am not blindly trusting them and sure as heck not giving them a pass on this year, this is the ROSTER they built.  

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Here is it.

Year 1 - some new coach with some new buzzword

FANS - YES GONNA TAKE TIME GOT THE RIGHT GUY

Year 2 - another new buzzword

FANS - YES LOOK AT THE TALENT ON THE ROSTER

Year 3 - Another new buzzword

FANS - FIRE THIS GUY and clean house really rebuild

The cycle of life as a Bills fan, Bills sell hope better than any team in the league and us fans just slop it up

meanwhile 17 years and counting

Lol that is bang on

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Really was it???  I see one really solid player out of it at this point.

Tre White - potential DROY

Dawkins - Filled in fine for Glenn

Milano - Obviously better than Number

Peterman - 'nuff said

Tanner Valejo - good at special teams 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Really was it???  I see one really solid player out of it at this point.

Milano looks a lot better than a fifth round pick, Nathan Peterman does as well.  We hit on Tre White and we got Zay Jones who's progressing in the right direction but I bet you already want him gone because if they aren't good from day one they should get out, right?  Let them develop...patience isn't your strong suit is it.  This regime deserves a chance

1 minute ago, billsfan11 said:

T White

T White is really the ONLY guy who's a definite keeper - by that, I mean a guy who we can still expect to be playing at a high level, in a team-controlled year salary-wise, when this team realistically has a chance to compete again. That would be 2019 at the earliest, more likely 2020. Sad, but true.

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

T White is really the ONLY guy who's a definite keeper - by that, I mean a guy who we can still expect to be playing at a high level, in a team-controlled year salary-wise, when this team realistically has a chance to compete again. That would be 2019 at the earliest, more likely 2020. Sad, but true.

I agree. It really is sad to think that.

It really looks like the Bills will reach 2 decades of no playoffs. Unless something changes drastically, but not looking too good

1 minute ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Tre White - potential DROY

Dawkins - Filled in fine for Glenn

Milano - Obviously better than Number

Peterman - 'nuff said

Tanner Valejo - good at special teams 

So like I said one really decent player at this point.

Dawkins - has been blah

Milano played OK in one game

Peterman seen nothing from 

Valejo - cool ST the team has a ton of those

Am I calling for them to be fired????  NO but I am not blindly trusting them and sure as heck not giving them a pass on this year, this is the ROSTER they built.  

You're telling me he brought in the majority of this roster?  You're saying Taylor wasn't here, that this aging linebacking core wasn't here, that they purposefully brought in guys that didn't fit the scheme?  The guys they have brought in like Hyde and Poyer have played well for a reason...they fit the scheme.  They didn't build the majority of the roster.  The last front office did and they just inherited it.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo30 said:

Milano looks a lot better than a fifth round pick, Nathan Peterman does as well.  We hit on Tre White and we got Zay Jones who's progressing in the right direction but I bet you already want him gone because if they aren't good from day one they should get out, right?  Let them develop...patience isn't your strong suit is it.  This regime deserves a chance

Bills fans are so funny with their rose colored glasses on You are NOT allowed to be critical of anything with them

You're telling me he brought in the majority of this roster?  You're saying Taylor wasn't here, that this aging linebacking core wasn't here, that they purposefully brought in guys that didn't fit the scheme?  The guys they have brought in like Hyde and Poyer have played well for a reason...they fit the scheme.  They didn't build the majority of the roster.  The last front office did and they just inherited it.

Yes they BUILT this Roster

Taylor - McD re did his contract (HIS CALL)

So LBers hmmm Humber was theirs, traded Ragland Brought back Lorax

they entire DBs thiers

Ducasse

all the WRs

yes they had BUILT this roster they OWN it and should be criticized if not good enough year one or not

1 minute ago, Buffalo30 said:

Milano - not sure on him yet. I think if there was a redraft (knowing what teams know now) he might go a bit higher, like Preston Brown range (3rd).

Dawkins - really can't say anything about him yet. Just hasn't seen the field enough.

Zay - redraft thing: no way he goes 36th overall. Try 76th. That's not to say he's a bust. Just that he's had a really bad start to his career.

Peterman - again, way too soon to say anything sensible. Looks like scouts like him, so if they had a draft do-over, I guess he might go a round higher or so.

Not one of those drafts that pops out at you as a great one (yet). Compare 2015, where by this point it was clear that Darby was a 1st round talent/CB starter from day one, that Karlos Williams was a steal, and that John Miller looked like he'd be solving that RG problem ...

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Yes they BUILT this Roster

Taylor - McD re did his contract (HIS CALL)

So LBers hmmm Humber was theirs, traded Ragland Brought back Lorax

they entire DBs thiers

Ducasse

all the WRs

yes they had BUILT this roster they OWN it and should be criticized if not good enough year one or not

They put bandaids on some spots until they replace them in the draft.  You can't overhaul a roster completely in one season.  Yeah they brought in veteran leaders who won't bark at the coach because they don't like his system.  It's the reason a few players are gone.  Give them a chance to replace those bandaids and we will all see if they did a good job or not.  

So if you want an Honest assessment this team is void of talent in alot of areas and McDermott and Beane share that blame just like Whaley

1 minute ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Again, the Jags and Rams have had so many terrible seasons that they have tons and tons of talent. 

OOo yeah ant the Bills have had GREAT seasons LOL you guys are making my night

They put bandaids on some spots until they replace them in the draft.  You can't overhaul a roster completely in one season.  Yeah they brought in veteran leaders who won't bark at the coach because they don't like his system.  It's the reason a few players are gone.  Give them a chance to replace those bandaids and we will all see if they did a good job or not.  

So THEY BUILT THIS ROSTER.  ONE VOID of talent

Thank you 

Edited by MAJBobby

3 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Milano - not sure on him yet. I think if there was a redraft (knowing what teams know now) he might go a bit higher, like Preston Brown range (3rd).

Dawkins - really can't say anything about him yet. Just hasn't seen the field enough.

Zay - redraft thing: no way he goes 36th overall. Try 76th. That's not to say he's a bust. Just that he's had a really bad start to his career.

Peterman - again, way too soon to say anything sensible. Looks like scouts like him, so if they had a draft do-over, I guess he might go a round higher or so.

Not one of those drafts that pops out at you as a great one (yet). Compare 2015, where by this point it was clear that Darby was a 1st round talent/CB starter from day one, that Karlos Williams was a steal, and that John Miller looked like he'd be solving that RG problem ...

They've played a half a year and some of them less...we can't even let our rookies develop anymore?  They've flashed a little as a unit and I think they can build on that over time.  They just need to be given that time...just like this coaching staff and front office...

So if you want an Honest assessment this team is void of talent in alot of areas and McDermott and Beane share that blame just like Whaley

OOo yeah ant the Bills have had GREAT seasons LOL you guys are making my night

So THEY BUILT THIS ROSTER.  ONE VOID of talent

Thank you 

We have never had consecutive sub-4 win season like those teams but please, keep on being Mr. High and Mighty forum guy

They've played a half a year and some of them less...we can't even let our rookies develop anymore?  They've flashed a little as a unit and I think they can build on that over time.  They just need to be given that time...just like this coaching staff and front office...

No, I'm not criticizing anyone. If Milano is Preston Brown, well, that's a damn good find in the 5th round. Peterman also looks better than his draft position. But there's nothing that jumps out in this draft so far. I mean, Milano still hasn't beaten out journeyman Ramon Humber. Dawkins hadn't beaten out the likes of Jordan Mills. Peterman hasn't gone all Dak Prescott on us (not that he's had the chance).

They are building for the future not this season man...I think it's pretty clear but apparently it's not...

Then why is your Rookie not starting?

Why is Davis, Holmes and Ducasse here?

Why wasnt Shady Dealt?

Why TT re-signed and pitched as the best chance to win?

Why is the coach always saying we want to win every week?

Why is there a bunch of OLD vets on this team? 

That is the SPIN from the new regime

Fact is they built this roster and though some of you want to excuse it they deserve blame for a roster with alot of self created holes, no cap space and not talented enough

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

No, I'm not criticizing anyone. If Milano is Preston Brown, well, that's a damn good find in the 5th round. Peterman also looks better than his draft position. But there's nothing that jumps out in this draft so far. I mean, Milano still hasn't beaten out journeyman Ramon Humber. Dawkins hadn't beaten out the likes of Jordan Mills. Peterman hasn't gone all Dak Prescott on us (not that he's had the chance).

So you agree they look promising and need more time to develop haha...

So you agree they look promising and need more time to develop haha...

I think you may have some reading comprehension issues.  I said that if we had a draft do-over, the following players would go HIGHER than where we picked them:

-Milano

-Peterman

-T. White

And only Zay would go lower. Dawkins probably the same.

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Then why is your Rookie not starting?

Why is Davis, Holmes and Ducasse here?

Why wasnt Shady Dealt?

Why TT re-signed and pitched as the best chance to win?

Why is the coach always saying we want to win every week?

Why is there a bunch of OLD vets on this team? 

That is the SPIN from the new regime

Fact is they built this roster and though some of you want to excuse it they deserve blame for a roster with alot of self created holes, no cap space and not talented enough

They said from the beginning they aren't tanking and they aren't...they are rebuilding but not tanking.  There's a difference.  They can be mildly competitive and keep stacking the team with their guys.  They have a lot of cap space and draft picks.  

They said from the beginning they aren't tanking and they aren't...they are rebuilding but not tanking.  There's a difference.  They can be mildly competitive and keep stacking the team with their guys.  They have a lot of cap space and draft picks.  

They have little cap space compared to the rest of the league and the UFAs they are going to have.

But hey blindly follow this regime that looks and sounds more like DJ 2.0 than anything else.

the Buffalo Bills forever rebuilding

Edited by MAJBobby

4 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I think you may have some reading comprehension issues.  I said that if we had a draft do-over, the following players would go HIGHER than where we picked them:

-Milano

-Peterman

-T. White

And only Zay would go lower. Dawkins probably the same.

Okay but that makes it a bad class?  I said they have been promising and you listed three guys that would be picked higher...I think that's basically the same thing.  A few of those players can develop into everyday starters and graduate from their depth status.  Just need some more time...

Edited by Buffalo30

Just now, MAJBobby said:

They have little cap space compared to the rest of the league and the UFAs they are going to have.

But hey blindly follow this regime that looks and sounds more like DJ 2.0 than anything else.

Saying something over and over doesn't make it true. DJ never had a long term plan (or any plan really)

Just now, MAJBobby said:

I am actually quite aware, we are preparing to purge the team of it's high salaries like we've been doing and replace them with young talent while continuing to open up salary cap space like they've been doing...They might get worse next year but after that I expect the young guys that fit their scheme to start winning us a lot of games.  Patience my friend

3 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Saying something over and over doesn't make it true. DJ never had a long term plan (or any plan really)

All this talk of Process, DNA, Character what you saw on the field was the same Soft Weak minded un talented Bills teams of the -past 17 years

And Absolutely McBeane deserves blame for that

I am actually quite aware, we are preparing to purge the team of it's high salaries like we've been doing and replace them with young talent while continuing to open up salary cap space like they've been doing...They might get worse next year but after that I expect the young guys that fit their scheme to start winning us a lot of games.  Patience my friend

so already setting up the excuses to be used for next year.  No Patience when I see bad football and bad football moves I will ABSOLUTELY hold them accountabel

Edited by MAJBobby

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

All this talk of Process, DNA, Character what you saw on the field was the same Soft Weak minded un talented Bills teams of the -past 17 years

so already setting up the excuses to be used for next year.  No Patience when I see bad football and bad football moves I will ABSOLUTELY hold them accountabel

What would you be doing then?

so already setting up the excuses to be used for next year.

You're mindset would've had Belichick fired before he had a chance to turn the Pats around.  They were 5-11 that first year under him and then luck struck him and Tom Brady fell from the sky and played while their bridge QB got hurt...Some of the best coaches in the league don't start out with immediate success.  It takes them time to implement their system and get the right players for their schemes.  

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

What would you be doing then?

One is RUN your system, if you QB cant run it Dennison move to the other QB.  But at this point they made their bed with this roster.  I am not calling them out completely but I am also not accepting the spin, they had a huge role in the talent gut of this roster.  But will also hold them accountable in the offseason and this season

You're mindset would've had Belichick fired before he had a chance to turn the Pats around.  They were 5-11 that first year under him and then luck struck him and Tom Brady fell from the sky and played while their bridge QB got hurt...Some of the best coaches in the league don't start out with immediate success.  It takes them time to implement their system and get the right players for their schemes.  

OBVIOUSLY you cannot READ.,,...

Where DID I EVER say FIRE these guys?  Jesus just because I can acknowledge and place proper blame on them for this roster.  evidently some fans cannot.

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

Until the Bills find a true solid, if not a franchise QB, all of this analysis is BS.  The Bills have over 17 years had some relatively decent rosters but no real QB.  Hence they are stuck in mediocre land.

This is the truth

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

One is RUN your system, if you QB cant run it Dennison move to the other QB.  But at this point they made their bed with this roster.  I am not calling them out completely but I am also not accepting the spin, they had a huge role in the talent gut of this roster.  But will also hold them accountable in the offseason and this season

I agree on the QB, but I feel that they are prepping for a very active offseason. I feel like this season was more of a "come what may" year. If we win, awesome! If not, we can build for next year. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Where DID I EVER say FIRE these guys?  Jesus just because I can acknowledge and place proper blame on them for this roster.  evidently some fans cannot.

No but I don't understand why them being bad is a surprise?  Everything that they've done lines up with what they have said...they want to win now as much as they can and rebuild for the future.  They replace guys that didn't trust the process and didn't fit the schemes.  They have more of that to do...they are rebuilding while not losing 15 games like the browns do...They have more wins then the browns have had in a few years combined and they have a lot of draft picks to add the most talent to what they want to do.  Let these old vets teach the young guys some things and then let the young guys loose and let them develop.  They gotta get another draft to keep flooding the roster with youth to replace the old vets.  It's all a part of the rebuilding process.

3 minutes ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

I agree on the QB, but I feel that they are prepping for a very active offseason. I feel like this season was more of a "come what may" year. If we win, awesome! If not, we can build for next year. 

Yes it likely was, however there is no cap space, and spent two picks to get a WR those were assets to fill these holes.

that is my point I am not sure they have a clear direction either, one minute you can point to moves for next year and beyond then next thing you see moves that contradict that.