Kelvin Benjamin putting in time

Buffalo716

Benjamin is a competitor and wants to win.  Beane and McD knew exactly what they were getting.

Once Tyrod builds trust with Benjamin, and we get Clay back, I suspect this will help Zay, Matthews, and others.  I would like to see Tyrod spread the ball around and not just key in on one or two receivers, as well as start to trust the routes and receivers more.   This should also help the running game and lead to a more balanced offensive attack, assuming the coaches let it with a more diverse plan (no more run, run, pass, punt).   

3 hours ago, I_want_2_BILL_Lieve said:

He's a big dude alright. I don't regard a 4.53 time as fast. At his size, he'll be slow off the line, but he's long strider, so his straight ahead speed will build. Also, being that big, I doubt he's a shifty route runner. 

Still, I think he'll be a great addition. 'you know what i'm sayin'

His 10 yard split was a 1.62, which is a pretty solid clip for a guy his size. He doesn't have the lateral agility as others though. So you are correct, he's not a shifty route runner. He wins battles using his body to shield off DB's and he can basically get the ball wherever you throw it. Good get to help Tyrod. Hope they build some chemistry quick.

Edited by H2o

Benjamin looked pretty good week 2. He’s going to be a fan favorite. Humble guy with a crazy unique skill set. A great pick up at the trade deadline. I think he helps the run game a lot. Number 1 he’s a good blocker and number 2 have to double him.!that obviously takes a Safety out of the box. Shady’s numbers will go up the 2nd half of the year.

Just watched his presser and I liked his responses and how he composed himself. Seems like a very well spoken and composed professional, and that speaks volumes toward his performance. One can't help but wonder if we hadn't traded Watkins, where would we be recordwise, but that's water under the bridge.

Another funny thing is I bet even Boldin raised an eyebrow when we made the trade. 

Edited by buffalo2218

13 hours ago, PABillsfan23 said:

You don’t have to be a speed demon to be a deep threat.  That thinking is ridiculous.  He’s a huge WR with decent speed.  He’s a deep threat because of his ability to go up and get the ball.  

Exactly.  He fights for the ball and can go get them even if Tyrod is a little wayward.