Micah Hyde Named AFC Defensive Player of the Month

Secondary is fine, although I think the jury is still out on Gaines simply because he can't stay healthy so we have to make a decision on resigning him or replacing him.

But the front seven still needs work. This might be KW last season and even if it's not we need a true beast in the middle of the line since Dareus obviously wasn't going to be that guy here. Lawson has been solid in run defense but doesn't appear to be a disruptive force as a pass rusher.

LB though is the main issue, while Zo Alexander is still solid as a pass rusher hes' no spring chicken and we need a better coverage guy. Milano has shown flashes but appears to have an uphill battle with Humber apparently getting back his starting gig. Humber is also not the long term answer.

Overall depth has not been terrible but let's not kid ourselves into thinking this defense is set and McD has no areas of concerns going forward.

If this season finishes strong, hopefully with playoffs, I don't see why Kyle would hang it up after this year. He can still play. Sure, he's not quite the force he once was, but he is still a very good D tackle and very serviceable in there. You need to build the D line for sure, but if he takes a pay cut for another 1-2 year contract, I don't see why he can't keep going.

I knew Hyde was a decent player but I never saw this coming.

I guess Whaley deserves some credit for this teams turnaround this year after all.

It's not a digital thing right. There are certainly some move Doug made that the current guys would've made too. It's just there are other moves he would not have made, and vice Versa...

-No way he peddles Darby, Watkins and Dareus imo

-Tray and Zay probably aren't his picks at those spots.

-I bet Milano was all him

-I see him doing the k benj deal

-I don't see him grabbing Tolbert

-Micah & poyer... I don't know if he does that on his own, but they fit his model of getting value at safety. They are absolutely killing it

- I even felt Whaley liked the McDermott hire...

Beane wasn't the GM here when we signed Hyde.

Not saying it was all him but he had to have some input. Regardless this team has made some POWER moves to completely reshape this roster after last year.

Whaleys influence on this roster is minimal at best. Your statement was false then and still is now. There are literally a handfull if players left in this team that can be attributed to our success from Whaleys regime.

Whaleys influence on this roster is minimal at best. Your statement was false then and still is now. There are literally a handfull if players left in this team that can be attributed to our success from Whaleys regime.

It's not a digital thing right. There are certainly some move Doug made that the current guys would've made too. It's just there are other moves he would not have made, and vice Versa...

-No way he peddles Darby, Watkins and Dareus imo

-Tray and Zay probably aren't his picks at those spots.

-I bet Milano was all him

-I see him doing the k benj deal

-I don't see him grabbing Tolbert

-Micah & poyer... I don't know if he does that on his own, but they fit his model of getting value at safety. They are absolutely killing it

- I even felt Whaley liked the McDermott hire...

Fellas - I'm not a Whaley fan believe me, I've wanted him gone for years.

Point I was making was simply that you can't credit Beane for the move since he wasn't here yet. Either way McD obviously had the final say in all our FA moves and draft picks prior to Beane's arrival.

Great to have knowledgeable, hard working, serious players on this team. What a fresh breath of air after all the Whaley funk.

I don't know the inner workings of the team. But McD had just been with the team a little over a month when Hyde was signed in FA. He had not worked with Hyde before. How can you assume that this FA signing was all McD? Maybe it was Whaley. This McD worship, and hate of Whaley is really tiring. Everyone that is good is because of McD, everything bad is because of Whaley. This is crap, give up the crusade. I guess Lorax is bad and so is Hughes.They are all Whaley "funk".

I don't know the inner workings of the team. But McD had just been with the team a little over a month when Hyde was signed in FA. He had not worked with Hyde before. How can you assume that this FA signing was all McD? Maybe it was Whaley. This McD worship, and hate of Whaley is really tiring. Everyone that is good is because of McD, everything bad is because of Whaley. This is crap, give up the crusade. I guess Lorax is bad and so is Hughes.They are all Whaley "funk".

This is why no one can conversate with the fans of Whaley. On one side you state that Sean or Brandon couldnt have had anything to do with Hyde. Yet you give Whaley credit for Hughes when he wasnt the GM. So Ill say it again. You cant credit the success of this team to whaley. No matter how hard you try. If he was the GM you and others think he is he would still be employeed as an nfl gm.

This is why no one can conversate with the fans of Whaley. On one side you state that Sean or Brandon couldnt have had anything to do with Hyde. Yet you give Whaley credit for Hughes when he wasnt the GM. So Ill say it again. You cant credit the success of this team to whaley. No matter how hard you try. If he was the GM you and others think he is he would still be employeed as an nfl gm.

Fact: Whaley was with the Bills since 2010 as assistant manager. He became GM within days of the trade for Hughes in 2013. He was already defacto GM, since Nix was already on his way out long before he officially left.

I challenge you to highlight exactly where in my post I stated Sean did not have anything to do with Hyde, I stated it could have been Whaley or Sean. I never mentioned Brandon, but Brandon was not with the team till May 9th.. The draft was held in April. He could not have been involved in the selections in the 2017 draft. I may be incorrect on this fact, but I believe Brandon was still a Carolina employee at the time of the draft. To be employed by a team while making a decision for a competitor would be a serious ethical violation.

You are seriously uniformed, unable to deal in facts, and have an inability to either read or comprehend even simple statements. Please consider quitting before you further embarrass yourself. You may have your opinions, but they are definitely not backed up by any legitimate facts whatsoever.

It is great that Hyde was signed by whoever actually did it. He deserves all the credit he gets for his play.

Edited by simpleman