Ezekiel Elliott- Enough Already!

BobbyC81

I think they've gone way overboard with this. Why are we tieing up the courts with motions for this thug who has supposedly beat up his girlfriend multiple times?

Why do we involve the courts anyways involving discipline for football players? It goes back to the Goodell/Brady feud. Goodell, in my opinion, went way overboard on the length of suspension for deflated footballs and Brady set a precedent by taking it to the courts. Now, how often are we going to have to go thru this when a player objects to his suspension?

I think they've gone way overboard with this. Why are we tieing up the courts with motions for this thug who has supposedly beat up his girlfriend multiple times?

Why do we involve the courts anyways involving discipline for football players? It goes back to the Goodell/Brady feud. Goodell, in my opinion, went way overboard on the length of suspension for deflated footballs and Brady set a precedent by taking it to the courts. Now, how often are we going to have to go thru this when a player objects to his suspension?

Because labor law. The NFLPA has an obligation to its members (the players) to defend them against any perceived overreach my the league. As you yourself said, zeke supposedly abused someone. Never proven, by any stardard of proof. So thats why this process has to play out. I know youre sick of it; i am too. But the union wouldnt be doing its job if they just let zeke swing in the wind.

While it is annoying about the suspension going through a million different courts I actually think the NFL was wrong in the suspension they gave him and this will ultimately lead to the NFL changing their policies during the next CBA. That said Elliott is 100% serving a 6 game suspension. Would of been better to do it at the beginning of the year.