My beef with Teflon Tom

Nice try. You didn't answer my questions. Basically, who is a better GM over the past 4 years. Give details, incl specific moves, and overall general philosophy. You didn't do that. You just bitched a bit more, which is useless. You can B word all you want, but only morons complain without attempting to balance bad moves with good. I haven't seen you try that.

So read my post again, and at least attempt to name me 4 GMs who have done a better job. I expect details of specific moves, and general philosophy. If you can't do that, explain why you can't, or else every argument you lay out makes you look like an idiot.

265188[/snapback]

Todd, I am fairly satisfied with TD, but 4 GMs?

1) Fox, or whoever it is at Carolina

2) NE

3) Andy Reid

4) Pitt.

That was pretty quick, huh? :o

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2) NE

3) Andy Reid

4) Pitt.

That was pretty quick, huh?  :o

265190[/snapback]

Can't argue with those picks. I hope someone doesn't say Polian. He brings in a Defensive minded Coach and finishes in the bottom 5 in Defense. Has a star DE in Freeney and a very good MLB in Peterson. The other 9 guys are subpar. Reminds me of the Air Coryell San Diego Chargers of the '70's and '80's. Exciting on Offense and could never reach the big dance because they never had a solid D. A good defense beat them every time. Has not done a good job of balancing the cap whatsover ( Manning-34.5 Mil bonus..absurd ) .

Can't argue with those picks. I hope someone doesn't say Polian. He brings in a Defensive minded Coach and finishes in the bottom 5 in Defense. Has a star DE in Freeney and a very good MLB in Peterson. The other 9 guys are subpar. Reminds me of the Air Coryell San Diego Chargers of the '70's and '80's. Exciting on Offense and could never reach the big dance because they never had a solid D. A good defense beat them every time. Has not done a good job of balancing the cap whatsover ( Manning-34.5 Mil bonus..absurd ) .

265193[/snapback]

Depite the talent of Manning, Harrison, etc., I am barely able to watch the Colts, with Manning barking all of those signals at the line.

Btw, the old Chargers/Colts was a great analogy. Imagine how great that offense would have been if Muncie was not an insane drug user? If MaGahee's knee holds up, he will be a similar talent imo.

What does SHOULD have mean?  How much?  Up to last summer, what in Griese's career makes you think he would have pressured Drew to take a paycut?  Would Drew or any other Bills fan would have thought that it was possible Griese would take over as starter?  Yes, in hindsight BG played well but I don't recall any push for him as our possible savior last summer.  How was LM forced to take a paycut?

265082[/snapback]

Griese put up better numbers than Drew in Denver, but had his alcohol induced falling out with Shanahan. I posted many times on this very topic.

It was clear to most who watched Drew with an objective eye that he was done in 2003 and not worth his old contract, let alone an inflated new one for 2004.

Griese would have given the Bills at least a viable back-up plan to Drew. However, it seems TD was intent on not providing any competition to Drew to avoid him losing all of his confidence. So instead of generating competition which would have put the best man on the field and forcign Drew to accept a salary cut matching his production, TD extends Drew, increases his pay and creates a dead cap problem.

Btw, the old Chargers/Colts was a great analogy. Imagine how great that offense would have been if Muncie was not an insane drug user? If MaGahee's knee holds up, he will be a similar talent imo.

265195[/snapback]

Outside of the Bills, they were my favorite team to watch. Fouts playing catch with Charlie Joiner,Wes Chandler and John Jefferson. Kellen Winslow at TE. Muncie was a great talent and couldn't get off the drugs.

I remember the legendary Jerry McGee writing that Coryell had no interest in the Defense and left that up to his asst. coaches. Reminds me of Spurrier. The Chargers would always give up 31-35 points a game.

Outside of the Bills, they were my favorite team to watch. Fouts playing catch with Charlie Joiner,Wes Chandler and John Jefferson. Kellen Winslow at TE. Muncie was a great talent and couldn't get off the drugs.

I remember the legendary Jerry McGee writing that Coryell had no interest in the Defense and left that up to his asst. coaches. Reminds me of Spurrier. The Chargers would always give up 31-35 points a game.

265207[/snapback]

Ah Mark, how few of us here probably remember JJ Jefferson! He had it ALL!

I think that if he had his head on straight, he could have been up there with Jerry Rice, etc. Him and Westbrook from the Redskins. What a waste.

Griese put up better numbers than Drew in Denver, but had his alcohol induced falling out with Shanahan. I posted many times on this very topic.

It was clear to most who watched Drew with an objective eye that he was done in 2003 and not worth his old contract, let alone an inflated new one for 2004.

Griese would have given the Bills at least a viable back-up plan to Drew. However, it seems TD was intent on not providing any competition to Drew to avoid him losing all of his confidence. So instead of generating competition which would have put the best man on the field and forcign Drew to accept a salary cut matching his production, TD extends Drew, increases his pay and creates a dead cap problem.

265202[/snapback]

According to Losman, there was competition for the QB job in practice and the pre-season last year before he got hurt. The amount they would have had to pay Griese over the league minimum they paid Shane Matthews would likely have offset the extra money paid to Drew. Not to mention that you really can't have two vets fighting over the starting job AND try to groom your #1 pick QB to get ready to play. I just don't see that as an alternative.

Ah Mark, how few of us here probably remember JJ Jefferson! He had it ALL!

I think that if he had his head on straight, he could have been up there with Jerry Rice, etc. Him and Westbrook from the Redskins. What a waste.

265209[/snapback]

Yup. That there was actually football before the Kelly years is urban legend to some. :o

todd: In the AFC alone, I would immediately choose the GM's of the Pats, Jets, Steelers, and Colts (good old Polian!) over TD

264612[/snapback]

Gee, how big of you. Pioli's a genius, yes, but he ain't going anywhere.

Also, need I remind you that The steelers were 6-10 in 2003? Apparently I do.

My whole problem with your premise is that the goal is NOT to make the playoffs, it's to WIN THE SUPER BOWL.

Gee, how big of you. Pioli's a genius, yes, but he ain't going anywhere.

Also, need I remind you that The steelers were 6-10 in 2003? Apparently I do.

My whole problem with your premise is that the goal is NOT to make the playoffs, it's to WIN THE SUPER BOWL.

265230[/snapback]

Hey JSP.....is that you with the guitar in your profile? lol

No, that would be Hap Palmer. If you have a toddler, I'm sure you know who Hap Palmer is. :o

265235[/snapback]

Never heard of the guy, actually.......

If that had been you I'd have died laughing lol

2) NE

3) Andy Reid

4) Pitt.

That was pretty quick, huh?  :o

265190[/snapback]

My point is that I'm pretty sure I can take a look at every draft and FA move and come up with things that they did wrong, or turned out wrong.

Nah, that Palmer guy seems more like a man's man than Joe does...

265249[/snapback]

whoa.....them thar is fightin words

265207[/snapback]

Everyone's familiar with Fout's media career. After leaving the Bills, Charlie Joiner moved on to be the KC WR coach. The Vikings just hired Wes Chandler as their WR coach. John Jefferson is the Redskin's Director of Player Development.

Chuck Muncie went through numerous rehabs; they didn't work. He spent over two years in prison, and his marriage broke up. Then he cleaned up. He now runs a youth foundation in SoCal, and is working the NFLE internship program as an assistant coach. Chucking Demons

"We're going to throw the ball, and we don't care who knows it" - Fouts