[News] V-Coach - Bills sign QB Kelly Holcomb

Bills | Holcomb Agrees to Terms - from www.KFFL.com

Fri, 4 Mar 2005 16:44:21 -0800

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the Buffalo Bills have agreed to terms with unrestricted free agent QB Kelly Holcomb (Browns). The contract agreement is for a four-year, $6.6 million deal, including a $2 million signing bonus. Holcomb is expected to compete with QB J.P. Losman for the starting job.

Hes not competing for the starting job. That position has already been announced as being filled, he is the backup plain and simple.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That works out to be a 77.8 rating ...

Also had 25 rushes for 19 yards in 7 seasons ...

So this is better than Drew as a backup????

263844[/snapback]

Drew was not an option at backup.........but if he was, the answer is 'yes'

Kelly Holcomb is a major step in the plan.

His Pct. passing has improved every year for the last 5 years (now 67%).

His QB Rating is consistently higher than Drew's was.

He'd be the consummate backup and a superb teacher for what Losman needs to learn about being an NFL starter.

He's locked in for 4 years.

Why did Crennel pussyfoot around with this guy?

Hooray for TD!

Kelly Holcomb is a major step in the plan.

His Pct. passing has improved every year for the last 5 years (now 67%).

His QB Rating is consistently higher than Drew's was.

He'd be the consummate backup and a superb teacher for what Losman needs to learn about being an NFL starter.

He's locked in for 4 years.

Why did Crennel pussyfoot around with this guy?

Hooray for TD!

263863[/snapback]

Exactamundo, my robotic friend..........when I first saw this signing I was afraid it was a one year "screw you" (to CLE, that is) type of a deal......the fact that TD got him locked up for four years at 1.25 per is HUGE. I would not be surprised if we are on here half way through the season counting out lucky stars that TD signed this guy.

Exactamundo, my robotic friend..........when I first saw this signing I was afraid it was a one year "screw you" (to CLE, that is) type of a deal......the fact that TD got him locked up for four years at 1.25 per is HUGE. I would not be surprised if we are on here half way through the season counting out lucky stars that TD signed this guy.

Yep. Let's see...we got an NFL starter to back up a high potential rookie who takes risks sometimes. Sounds like Silver Fox Magic.

263844[/snapback]

Yes, he's a better QB than Drew... more accurate, quicker decision maker... okay, not as strong an arm... bfd... I was tired of seeing Drew as a Buffalo Bill and I'm glad he's somewhere else

Bills | Holcomb Agrees to Terms - from www.KFFL.com

Fri, 4 Mar 2005 16:44:21 -0800

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports the Buffalo Bills have agreed to terms with unrestricted free agent QB Kelly Holcomb (Browns). The contract agreement is for a four-year, $6.6 million deal, including a $2 million signing bonus. Holcomb is expected to compete with QB J.P. Losman for the starting job.

Hes not competing for the starting job. That position has already been announced as being filled, he is the backup plain and simple.

263843[/snapback]

He might be the backup but considering JP's inexperience, the front office's thirst for a playoff berth, and JP's reckless (to his own health) style of play... there's probably a 95% chance Holcomb will start several games for us this season.

I couldn't agree less.

Holcomb should start the season.  He is the better quarterback.

I want wins.

Let the quarterback controversy begin.

263806[/snapback]

Having seen Kelly Holcomb in action, let me tell you this:

Be careful what you wish for. Holcomb's a solid backup who can come off the bench and spark a team. But he's not a good starting quarterback.

Since the Browns now have Josh McCown as a starter, expect them to trade for Trent Dilfer, who played for GM Phil Savage in Baltimore...and won a Super Bowl. He won't do that in Cleveland, but he should improve the situation.

Mike

263844[/snapback]

QB Rating means nothing. Rob Johnson had a great QB rating and he sucked harder than a $2.00 whore on her period the day her rent's due.

Holcomb has been the starter in Cleveland. Please name me a player on their offense that could start on ours. Good luck. Yet in the ONE game he started last season he throws for over 400 yards and FIVE touchdowns. Only once last season did Drew throw for those numbers over a TWO game period (@ Seattle/@ Miami).

Holcomb has a couple of negatives. His arm is average/decent. He's not that mobile. Sometimes he takes chances with the ball. He's gotten banged up a little. That's about it.

Having seen Kelly Holcomb in action, let me tell you this:

Be careful what you wish for.  Holcomb's a solid backup who can come off the bench and spark a team.  But he's not a good starting quarterback.

Since the Browns now have Josh McCown as a starter, expect them to trade for Trent Dilfer, who played for GM Phil Savage in Baltimore...and won a Super Bowl.  He won't do that in Cleveland, but he should improve the situation.

Mike

263947[/snapback]

On the same Cleveland team that ruined Tim Couch and Jeff Garcia (Pro Bowler). Seriously, name one Cleveland offensive starter from last season that is clearly better than their BILLS' counterpart.

Well you might wanna think about gettin a life, wait whats there to do out there besides play chase the seal. You go ahead and be the message board interpreter, your good at it since you can read in between the lines especially when theres nothin to read in between. I havent been here long, but from what I can see your real quick to jump on someone even if their post has absolutly nothin to do with you or anything you said in the thread.

263544[/snapback]

Come on man, you don't need to be a veteran here to realize that ANYONE calling for the return of the mighty midget is just bustin' nutz. Geez.

Oh and BTW, welcome to the looney bin. :angry:

Rob Johnson had a great QB rating and he sucked harder than a $2.00 whore on her period the day her rent's due.

263949[/snapback]

Not bad. Not bad at all. :angry:

I know Dougie would be proud...