Positives/Negatives from Today's game

There is no question we are using an unacceptable group of receivers even when healthy. Injuries took away the only two respectable playmakers with clay and Matthews gone. Why they continue to force feed zay into the second receiver position is hard to understand. He is a rookie who is understandably mentally having difficulty adjusting to the nfl and high expectations for him. I think trying something like even putting Logan Thomas in the slot with O’Leary on the field as well ( assuming clay is out for awhile which appears a certainty), and using Holmes or a call up from the ps might help take the pressure off zay. We are getting almost zero production from him so he needs to be on the field less for now. Why we have Kaelin Clay still on the roster is a mystery to me. It seems such a shame to lose a game where teams with 3 turniovers have a 10% chance of winning usually. The season is still so early so why not adjust when the trend is obvious ?

I like Tyrod but history doesn’t lie. As one article pointed out he has won one game when down more than four points. His record is also dismal whenever he throws over thirty pAsses. When you know if you get behind more than one possession you have almost no chance of success , it’s foolish not to consider some change. Heck at this point I would even start Tyrod but if he gets behind why not bring in Peterman when history says we will certainly not come back with Tyrod. I would keep Tyrod starting but the leash should be getting shorter with each performance like today. The classic Tyrod play was not throwing to an open Logan Thomas in the flat on time and then throwing it away. That is a trait he has not changed despite coaching emphasizing that point. I really do like this team and feel they are way ahead of where I thought they could be. So why just settle for the Status quo on offense IMHO?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Positives: We're one game closer to no more Tyrod; we've got some nice defensive players for the future; every loss = better draft pick.

Negatives: Clay getting hurt; Tyrod probably not playing poorly enough to bring Peterman in off the bye; Zay Jones looks like a bust (not the bronze kind).

Positives: We're one game closer to no more Tyrod; we've got some nice defensive players for the future; every loss = better draft pick.

Negatives: Clay getting hurt; Tyrod probably not playing poorly enough to bring Peterman in off the bye; Zay Jones looks like a bust (not the bronze kind).

Peterman can block and catch too? Not saying Tyrod shouldn't be criticized, but the problems with this offense go way beyond him

and if Peterman were in the game folks would be saying he's a 5th round pick, what do you expect, we need to draft a guy. The Oline

is a hot mess and so is the WR group.