GDT: AL Wild Card Twins at Yankees (ESPN)

Fadingpain

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not shocked....my guess is Girardi may want to end up with Jeter. Hoping the Yankees look at Mike Sciocsia, hopefully not Dusty Baker, i just don't think he would be a good fit with the "Baby Bombers". The sentimental me would love to see Donnie Baseball back where he belongs, in Pinstripes. Gonna be interesting

Mixed feelings on this. But this team and farm system would have to be anyone's dream job right now, NY fans and media not withstanding.

Not shocked....my guess is Girardi may want to end up with Jeter. Hoping the Yankees look at Mike Sciocsia, hopefully not Dusty Baker, i just don't think he would be a good fit with the "Baby Bombers". The sentimental me would love to see Donnie Baseball back where he belongs, in Pinstripes. Gonna be interesting

I'm a little shocked by this, but not a lot.

It has to mean that they Yankees had their minds made up prior to the season that anything short of a World Series win, and he'd be gone.

No one ... likely including Girardi and the Steinbrenners, thought the Yankees would even MAKE the playoffs this year, let alone get within one game of going to the Series.

I think Girardi is a very good manager. I'm sure he'll be fine and I like your Jeter angle, Pooj. Will be interesting to see where he lands and who the Yankees hire.

I'm shocked by that news, but the Yanks did the same thing 20 years ago with Buck when he had them right on the cusp. That turned out ok.

Yup. Buck is kind of like a Dusty Baker ...he can get 'em close, but he can't get 'em to win it all.

But Girardi won it. And he brought this team further than anyone would have guessed.

Likely more to it, but they'll both be fine.. Yanks will be a powerhouse for years to come.