(OT) ZERO-cuse!

PromoTheRobot

51-0?!?!?!? Ouch! Purdue makes Syracuse look like UB!

Speaking of...did you know Syracuse plays UB in Buffalo the night before the Bills opener? Website says 2,00 tickets are available. I was thinking this was going to be a Syracuse spank-fest, but after this weekend of the Orange getting flattened, and UB playing very well but losing against E.Michigan, this one could be a good game!

PTR

I think Syracuse is going to regret not dumping Pasqualoni.  The team has been heading steadily downhill over the past several years.  They'll win their next game at least.

19673[/snapback]

What would you and the rest of Orange Nation think if 'Cuse loses to UB? Have college coaches ever been fired mid-season?

PTR

What would you and the rest of Orange Nation think if 'Cuse loses to UB?  Have college coaches ever been fired mid-season?

PTR

19918[/snapback]

Promo, they should have fired him last season. This football team needs a change.

I'm headed to that UB/SU game. Seems like a fun thing to do the night before the big home opener. I think UB might be able to hang for a half but SU is not as bad as they looked yesterday. I'm rooting for UB just so I can see the faces of the 'Cuse fans if they lose. Oh man, that would be priceless!

I was at the game yesterday. During a Syracuse timeout (one of six called because the coaches were indecisive of what personnel they wanted out on the field, which is the norm lately at SU), Coach P was screaming at the players to run over to the sidelines for instruction. The players walked slowly, and Coach P yelled and signaled with his hands to hurry up and come to the sidelines again. The players continued to walk at a slow pace. That shows me that Coach P does not have the respect of the players. And that spells trouble.

I'm both a Syracuse (undergrad) and UB (grad) alum. I'm not sure who to root for this weekend. I think I'd like to see the Bulls beat the hell out of the Orange so they'll finally get rid of that Pasqualoni waste product. I'm sick of the coordinator Deleon and his 8,000 shifts before the snap that fools no one but the friggin offensive players. SU has been heading downhill for a while. After McNabb there has been an absolute zero at QB. They've got a great RB but they came out throwing against Purdue with a freshman QB who says he doesn't like running the option. HOLY stevestojan!

Oh ya, we're no longer The Orangemen. We're now The Orange, with a pathetic citrus fruit as a mascot. No wonder I don't give any cash to that place.

On second thought, I definitely want SU to get clocked by the Bulls. Let's get this over with and get the rebuilding started.

RunTheBall

I have to admit I've often defended Coach P the last couple of years. 2 bad years after several good ones (although some were arguably underachieving) was forgivable for a school more known for basketball...

But this is the make or break year - 3 garbage years is unacceptable. The season is over already, and it's a freaking joke. Who recruited the QB, he stinks, I don't care if he's only a freshman - McNabb took UNC to the woodshed on the road in his first game as an underdog. The announcers kept saying how underrated Purdue is - BS - watch them finish 4th or worse in the Big 10.

uh excuse me, but you are not the first to say that. Poojer has been trumpeting Jim Reid for at least a year. Ried is a Mcpherson disciple and it would be a welcome return for SU Football! Don't worry Pooj, I got your back!

I'll be the first to say it...Jim Reed should be SU's next head coach.  I just hope it's not September 12th.

20153[/snapback]