In His Three Years With the Bills....

ajzepp

I agree, I want a QB that players feel they have to be accountable to. I think maybe they became a little too comfortable with Drew, I dunno. But I do think the 'in your face' attitude is better to have than to not have......but I think we all agree that you have to be able to back it up, too.

262666[/snapback]

Really? I've worked for very effective people who never raised their voice and for blustering idiots who couldn't lead my kid to a seat at a hockey game.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Good team that couldnt hang with the league. If you watched the games, we started awful, too many injuries and distractions. 1-8 to start the season. Then Jim Bates became head coach and we went 3-4. We played well, stayed close in most of the games, but no big QB to win in the 4th, and no running game to kill time when we did have the lead. Remember the rematch against buffalo, we were in that for most of the game.

262668[/snapback]

Well, I just hope you don't have any more episodes this year that actually cause me to sympathize with you bastards lol......I like hating the Dolphins, but it's not much fun if you suck. But I actually was so pissed off about the Ricky thing I felt like I was a Dolphin sympathizer.......that's not good, so I hope you don't have any more pot smoking losers kickin' around Pro Player.

Really?  I've worked for very effective people who never raised their voice and for blustering idiots who couldn't lead my kid to a seat at a hockey game.

262674[/snapback]

Well, I'm not meaning to advocate any form of physical intimidation.......I simply feel that there needs to be an accountability established between QB and the rest of the offense. JP didn't say he was going to be grabbing face masks and ripping new as*holes in his teammates......he said he'd be there to light a fire under their ass. I think that's more a positive than a negative.

Well, I just hope you don't have any more episodes this year that actually cause me to sympathize with you bastards lol......I like hating the Dolphins, but it's not much fun if you suck. But I actually was so pissed off about the Ricky thing I felt like I was a Dolphin sympathizer.......that's not good, so I hope you don't have any more pot smoking losers kickin' around Pro Player.

262680[/snapback]

Pro Player was bought out...the naming rights were, since Pro Player went of biz a few years ago. So, we now have Dolphins Stadium. B-) Finally, a decent name.

No, the coaches told him that he could come back as a backup, but that JPL was the starter, no questions asked.  Bledsoe said he wanted to be a starter (or at least have a chance to start), and the coaches said ok and cut him.

Funny, because according to the bashers around here, Bledsoe is content to just collect a paycheck from Ralph without actually doing anything.  If they were correct, wouldn't Bledsoe love to make millions for carrying a clipboard...?   B-)

CW

262620[/snapback]

From 'Bledsoe/Losman a Dilemma for 2005' by Chris Brown-Bills Digest-

When Bledsoe was asked about the possibility of an open competition next year he said dismissively.

"No, I'm the quarterback."

Yeah, sounds like Drew just wanted to have a 'chance' to start... :o

Pro Player was bought out...the naming rights were, since Pro Player went of biz a few years ago. So, we now have Dolphins Stadium. B-) Finally, a decent name.

262687[/snapback]

Very refreshing, indeed.......much better name :o

If I were you, I'd just put me on ignore......seriously.

The QB position is the most important one on this team, and when some point of interest comes up regarding it, I'm going to bring it up. Obviously there is nothing I can do to further any 'crusade' since Drew has already been given his walking papers. But the fact of the matter is that he is the guy who was here for the lsat three years, and he's going to probably be the guy I compare any new QBs to. As for the quote I cited, it's not like I'm bringing up something that JP said a year ago. It was on the front of TBD this morning.

If you don't like it, don't read it........I'm pretty sure you could tell from the subject of my post that the content was going to have something to do with Drew.

262645[/snapback]

ajzepp, really, I honestly appreciate your enthusiasm about Losman. There are times when I even agree with you on football points. That is cool, I hope he turns out to be the best QB we ever had...I am not sure if he will, or if he won't. It is just that all of this digging for silver linings in everything the guy says, and reading in between the lines of everything the previous QB said, is just the sort of silliness that makes everyone here jump all over players when they don't live up to these insanely high expectations. Just seems like a lot of folks are setting themselves up for disappointment.

Maybe I am too much of a fan, but I will pull hard for whoever is wearing a Bills uniform. At the same time I wouldn't go out of my way to bash, and overexaggerate the pitifulness of guys who tried, but failed in the past. If we used the mentality that a lot of folks on TSW use, we would be trashing every player to wear the Bills uniform, since 1965! You prefaced your post by saying that you "didn't mean to bash Bledsoe", but then proceed to do just that! What point does it serve, particularly now?

I am just amazed that it seems like there is this insatiable need to hate one player, and and heap nothing but praise on another. Just in the last year and a half, we have seen Travis Henry go from being the "heart and soul, blue collar, tough guy" of the Bills offense, to being a POS, child molesting, mentally challanged waste, money grubbing, selfish a-hole! His biggest crime? He was not as good as Willis McGahee! Just wait until Willis wants more money!

you've got good point buftx, but sometimes fans can just completely 180 on a certian player. Most of the time it is the fault of that player, but some other times, it isnt. Miami fans turned on Fiedler fast when he couldnt get the job done anymore. Likewise, Ricky Williams fell out of favor real fast.... but that was his own fault.

We're fans, its our job to cheer and jeer. And likewise, as you and ajzepp are doing, its our job to defend our players to the end, or bash them out of town.

But really, he wasn't bashing Bledsoe all the much.

ajzepp, really, I honestly appreciate your enthusiasm about Losman. There are times when I even agree with you on football points.  That is cool, I hope he turns out to be the best QB we ever had...I am not sure if he will, or if he won't.  It is just that all of this digging for silver linings in everything the guy says, and reading in between the lines of everything the previous QB said, is just the sort of silliness that makes everyone here jump  all over players when they don't live up to these insanely high expectations.  Just seems like a lot of folks are setting themselves up for disappointment.

Maybe I am too much of a fan, but I will pull hard for whoever is wearing a Bills uniform. At the same time I wouldn't go out of my way to bash, and overexaggerate the pitifulness of guys who tried, but failed in the past.  If we used the mentality that a lot of folks on TSW use, we would be trashing every player to wear the Bills uniform, since 1965!  You prefaced your post by saying that you "didn't mean to bash Bledsoe", but then proceed to do just that!  What point does it serve, particularly now?

I am just amazed that it seems like there is this insatiable need to hate one player, and and heap nothing but praise on another.  Just in the last year and a half, we have seen Travis Henry go from being the "heart and soul, blue collar, tough guy" of the Bills offense, to being a POS, child molesting, mentally challanged waste, money grubbing, selfish a-hole!  His biggest crime?  He was not as good as Willis McGahee!  Just wait until Willis wants more money!

262701[/snapback]

I hear what you are saying, and I agree with it for the most part......Where I disagree is that my post falls into the category you are putting it into. Look, the fact is that players have strengths and they have weaknesses. There are contrasts and comparisons. They are going to be made regardless of how you or I feel about it. I'll be the first to admit that I was pretty hard on Drew last season, particularly toward the end. I"m sorry that you feel it may have been unwarranted, but the fact is that this team underachieved and I do place a large burden on his shoulders.

Fast forward to today.......there is no way around making comparisons to Drew. As I said above, QB is the most important and most controversial position and topic with regard to this football team. There are two mains reasons why I posted JP's quote: First of all, I honestly do think that it's important to have a QB who has a natural tendency to create an environment of accountability among the offensive players. Second, that was one of the things that stood out very clearly with JP when he took over games in the preseason. If you haven't seen the Bills/Broncos sounds of the game program, get a copy from Fezmid.....I'll even spot you the $3 or whatever he charges for the trouble he goes through to do that. But I am not some fair weather fan who changes his opinions and views on players at the drop of a hat, just like I don't base my hopes or expectations to any great degree on what a player says or doesn't say.

you've got good point buftx, but sometimes fans can just completely 180 on a certian player. Most of the time it is the fault of that player, but some other times, it isnt. Miami fans turned on Fiedler fast when he couldnt get the job done anymore. Likewise, Ricky Williams fell out of favor real fast.... but that was his own fault.

We're fans, its our job to cheer and jeer. And likewise, as you and ajzepp are doing, its our job to defend our players to the end, or bash them out of town.

But really, he wasn't bashing Bledsoe all the much.

262714[/snapback]

Okay, I feel compelled to do it.......Puhonix, I apologize for calling you a troll lol

I'm glad that you've joined our community and hope you stick around B-)

the fact is that this team underachieved

262735[/snapback]

I'm looking back into your posting history and nowhere at all do I find you extolling a 9-7 winning record for the 2004 campaign.

Am I to assume that all your posts predicting how we would win more than 9 games have been deleted, or should I simply recognize that statements like the one above are indicative of the accuracy vacuum in everything you post?

I'm looking back into your posting history and nowhere at all do I find you extolling a 9-7 winning record for the 2004 campaign.

Am I to assume that all your posts predicting how we would win more than 9 games have been deleted, or should I simply recognize that statements like the one above are indicative of the accuracy vacuum in everything you post?

262750[/snapback]

I dont' recall posting predictions of doom and gloom either. I'm not much of a prognosticator for the most part......I'm more the type of person who analyzes things as they happen. Who knows how good the Bills or any other team will be before the season starts? Im not sure what your point is, I guess. Maybe just to antagonize? B-)

I tell you what, though......if you'd have told me before the season started that we'd have arguably the best D in football, be at or near the top of the league in turnovers, have arguably the best special teams in football, Moulds would stay healthy, Evans would come along and be an impact player, McGahee would be a stud, and even the FULLBACK would prove his worth, I sure as hell would have bet my ass that we'd at least be a playoff team.

Dude, we get it!  You hate Bledsoe, he was a lousy team leader, had no pocket prescence, doesn't work out hard enough in the off-season, is as mobile as a turtle,  was solely responsible for every offensive failure the Bills suffered the last 3 years...we get it!  Losman, on the other hand, who has done nothing yet to prove himself, is already the best thing to happen to the Bills since Jim Kelly!  Everything he said in his press conference yesterday was golden.  He can't miss!  Bledsoe, on the other hand, when he tries to take the high-road, is really just being a passive agressive loser!  Did I miss anything?  Cool of you to go out of your way not to slam Bledsoe!  Very classy! B-)

262609[/snapback]

I think what makes Losman such and inspiration of hope is the fact that hes everything Bledsoe is not, Mobile which allows him to escape the pressure of rushing defenders, also it alows im to roll out and boot leg this alone makes are offense multidimensionall instead of Drewdemsional. OHHHH and as everyone else also knows he can throw the screen passes so yeah this is exciting and I personally hope all this pans out and we have the second second year rookie to win a superbowl.

I

I tell you what, though......if you'd have told me before the season started that we'd have arguably the best D in football, be at or near the top of the league in turnovers, have arguably the best special teams in football, Moulds would stay healthy, Evans would come along and be an impact player, McGahee would be a stud, and even the FULLBACK would prove his worth, I sure as hell would have bet my ass that we'd at least be a playoff team.

262760[/snapback]

Moulds staying healthy isn't enough. He needed to catch the football, particularly in key situations. He caught 58% and was ranked 45th best WR in the league.

This best D in the league was...2nd in total yards, 8th in points allowed, 13th in 3rd down efficiency, 30th in 4th down efficiency. When it counted they often didn't make the big play. This great D was good, nothing more.

McGahee was a stud. For the 12 games he started, when we went 9-3.

Special teams had a good year, unless you want to count key FG.

Evans was great. Makes me excited.

Fullback proved his worth? Uh, ok.

This team gave up 1041 penalty yards. 10 and 1/2 lengths of the field. Only 1 team in the NFL gave up more. 11 penalties in the Pitt game.

I'm encouraged by many things last year but as time moves on the legacy of this phenomenal 2004 squad (sans QB of course) grows a little out of proportion.

I think what makes Losman such and inspiration of hope is the fact that hes everything Bledsoe is not, Mobile which allows him to escape the pressure of rushing defenders, also it alows im to roll out and boot leg this alone makes are offense multidimensionall instead of Drewdemsional. OHHHH and as everyone else also knows he can throw the screen passes so yeah this is exciting and I personally hope all this pans out and we have the second second year rookie to win a superbowl.

262806[/snapback]

He's also a much better fit for what Mularkey wants to do offensively. You get the sense that aside from Losman being limited as far as experience, there is very little that they can't do with him behind center. Theoretically, JP is just a better match for the system we're trying to get implemented.

Moulds staying healthy isn't enough.  He needed to catch the football, particularly in key situations.  He caught 58% and was ranked 45th best WR in the league.

This best D in the league was...2nd in total yards, 8th in points allowed, 13th in 3rd down efficiency, 30th in 4th down efficiency.  When it counted they often didn't make the big play. This great D was good, nothing more.

McGahee was a stud.  For the 12 games he started, when we went 9-3.

Special teams had a good year, unless you want to count key FG.

Evans was great.  Makes me excited.

Fullback proved his worth? Uh, ok.

This team gave up 1041 penalty yards. 10 and 1/2 lengths of the field.  Only 1 team in the NFL gave up more.  11 penalties in the Pitt game. 

I'm encouraged by many things last year but as time moves on the legacy of this phenomenal 2004 squad (sans QB of course) grows a little out of proportion.

262832[/snapback]

What was the defense ranked in turnovers?

Moulds still caught almost 90 balls......anyone who calls him the 45th best receiver in the league is smoking crack.

Shelton was someone I felt was just a waste of space. He went on to win several game balls, make some clutch catches, and deliver some pretty nice blocks.

Our team was solid everywhere except the QB.......we can just agree to disagree.

Okay, I feel compelled to do it.......Puhonix, I apologize for calling you a troll  lol

I'm glad that you've joined our community and hope you stick around :angry:

262737[/snapback]

:devil:

Ok, if youre going to start being nice to me, I'll go elsewhere. You rmy sworn enemy ajzepp, I cant have you going soft on me now!

Well, you're an ok guy. I guess I take back calling you an attention whore.

Seriously, I love my Fins, but I came here cause Ramius kept talking about what a great group you are, and he lives and dies Bills football. So blame him for dragging me in here. I'm not going to be a troll, I can make intelligent conversation! And more importantly, I can wipe my own ass (Big Daddy).

:devil:

Ok, if youre going to start being nice to me, I'll go elsewhere. You rmy sworn enemy ajzepp, I cant have you going soft on me now!

Well, you're an ok guy. I guess I take back calling you an attention whore.

Seriously, I love my Fins, but I came here cause Ramius kept talking about what a great group you are, and he lives and dies Bills football. So blame him for dragging me in here. I'm not going  to be a troll, I can make intelligent conversation! And more importantly, I can wipe my own ass (Big Daddy).

262880[/snapback]

Well wipe away, bro :angry: