Another article of overspending in free agency

obviously they have taken the cheap route in regards to winfield, jennings, and williams........

262566[/snapback]

But obviously they've paid for players such as Spikes, Fletcher, Adams, Moulds, Schobel, Milloy, Moulds, etc. Are you having a hard time admitting you are wrong?

Exactly

Need : QB (at the time it was a HUGE need) .... answer: Paid for Drew

Need : ILB (due to Cowart injury) ... answer : Fletcher

Need : OLB  ... answer: TKO

Need : Safety .... answer : Milloy

etc....etc....

262567[/snapback]

Need: LG ........ answer: signs backup (tucker) to extension and starts season with another team's castoff (smith)........still a need.........

Need: CB ........ answer: injury prone vet who adds very little production (vincent)

Need: TE ........ answer: trades late pick for average talent (campbell)

Need: 2nd WR.......answer: turns job over to 2nd year player who flops (reed)

Need: LT ......... answer: who knows?

But obviously they've paid for players such as Spikes, Fletcher, Adams, Moulds, Schobel, Milloy, Moulds, etc. Are you having a hard time admitting you are wrong?

262572[/snapback]

No, because what he's saying is that the Bills are unwilling to pay big dollars for the players he wanted us to keep.

262572[/snapback]

this is where are you confused.......i don't slag TD for paying UFA's........i slag TD for his poor record in keeping good, young players due to his "lowball" style of negioations.......a team with a healthy cap should not let half of their good, young players walk out the door.........you think they should, which is fair enough, but i disagree with his style........

this is where are you confused.......i don't slag TD for paying UFA's........i slag TD for his poor record in keeping good, young players due to his "lowball" style of negioations.......a team with a healthy cap should not let half of their good, young players walk out the door.........you think they should, which is fair enough, but i disagree with his style........

262582[/snapback]

For the umpteenth time....PW IS 33! Marucs Price is 33-34 something like that!

JJ is younger but FAR from worht what he got paid.

obviously they have taken the cheap route in regards to winfield, jennings, and williams........

262566[/snapback]

[dead horse ON]

Unless you are hogboy's cousin, I fail to understand why it's such a difficult concept for you to comprehend that Bills have not taken the cheap way out, but have taken a pragmatic approach to keeping free agents.

Why are you not on a crusade lambasting Donahoe for letting Wiley go to greener pastures? He was at the prime of his career.

How did his decision to not aggressively pursue Cowart work out?

What about the hard stance with Ruben Brown, one of the best OLs in Bills history and a fixture in the community?

When has Jennings even been close to meriting All-Pro consideration?

[dead horse /OFF]

262582[/snapback]

Oh, I understand. Like Moulds and Schoebel. Ah, I get it.

....a team with a healthy cap should not let half of their good, young players walk out the door.......

262582[/snapback]

Some statement. Others have asked before, but I will ask again. Please provide an instance where TD allowed players to leave, and their replacements performed worse. I'll make it easy for you, you can even ignore the cap impact the resignings would have had on other positions.

Need: LG ........ answer: signs backup (tucker) to extension and starts season with another team's castoff (smith)........still a need.........

Need: CB ........ answer: injury prone vet who adds very little production (vincent)

Need: TE ........ answer: trades late pick for average talent (campbell)

Need: 2nd WR.......answer: turns job over to 2nd year player who flops (reed)

Need: LT ......... answer: who knows?

262578[/snapback]

LG - I'll agree

CB - Strongly disagree as Vincent is and always has been very capable and now fills in at Safety well. McGee is also going to be a pretty good corner.

TE: Wasn't as big a need when they got Campbell considering the offense they used. Is a need now

WR : Hello Lee Evans.... Josh Reed was highly touted by all when drafted and was considered a steal in the 2nd round. All you're using is hindsight. That's an easy copout.

LT : Irrelevant because this is still an open case.

a team with a healthy cap should not let half of their good, young players walk out the door.

262582[/snapback]

Perhaps (stay with me on this) TD, his minions, and the coaching staff disagree that Jonas Jennings is a good young player and that they'd like to go in a different direction. Maybe because they're around him on a regular basis they have a slightly better handle on the situation than you do?

Nah. That can't be it.