What if we still had Hogan & Gillislee?

BBills14

Hogan would be a nice addition as I think he would be among the top 3 receiving options at the wideout position. Gillislee would be the primary back behind McCoy and I think he would be doing a bit better than Tolbert but Tolbert hasn't been bad in that role at all. The Bills would be a bit better on offense if they had both player but neither would be anything more than a supplemental offensive talent.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And who's comparing 2016 MG to 2017 Tolbert? Oh that's right, nobody but you in yet another attempt to reframe the topic to appear right.

The option for Bills wasn't a street free agent Gillislee vs another option, it was paying Gillislee $4 million this year. Genius Bill thought he was getting a 5+ yd a carry RB with that investment, and instead he got a pedestrian back who's very good exploiting wide open holes. For half the investment and more production he should have kept Blount.

BTW, Tolbert does not have a 100% failure rate on 4th down conversions this year (unlike MG). In that regard, Tolbert hasn't failed yet.

"But just the fact that his numbers aren't that distinguishable from Tolbert's says a lot."

Above was your last line of the post I responded to.

Why should I even respond to you?........you are just arguing for arguments sake.........nonsense........fix your game or go away but you are an utter mess in these discussions.

"But just the fact that his numbers aren't that distinguishable from Tolbert's says a lot."

Above was your last line of the post I responded to.

Why should I even respond to you?........you are just arguing for arguments sake.........nonsense........fix your game or go away but you are an utter mess in these discussions.

And of course, only in your mind you think I was referring to 2016.

Why in the world would anyone be arguing anything but 2017 performance when comparing the two backs? Especially when the discussion is about performance vs salary cap in 2017

Oh, that's right, the person who excels in reframing every discussion to appear to be right on both sides of a debate. Bravo.

So what if we DID have Hogan and Gillislee? We DONT have Belichick and Brady. I think the McDermott/Taylor combo has potential, if they stick around...but, we cant assume Hogan and Gillislee would accomplish the same thing here in Buffalo. Was there any domino effect (think trades, draft and cap)? If we kept those two guys who would we NOT currently have? Personnel moves dont happen in a vacuum