Jerry Hughes is Back!

26CornerBlitz

He might be playing at a higher level than Mack or Miller through 4 games. Unblockable, Pressure, Gap controll, great coverage and awareness.

When the Bills traded up for Sammy I though for sure they did it for Mack. I was just sitting there saying to myself holy $&!? we got Mack and Hughes and Brady will only play one more season because he would get broken playing the Bills.

I agree. I mentioned this earlier in week,Hughes is playing at an elite level right now, he's become a special DE imo, and right up there with the best in the game. He can do it all, stop run, and get consistent pressure.. He should have a huge impact at Cincy

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone notice K. Williams getting more penetration while he was double-teamed than Dareus did being blocked by one OL? Dude looked like he was shot out of a cannon.

It looks to me like Dareus is driving his man into the pocket. I think that's his job. Remove lanes for the QB to step up. He's ridiculously strong.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-nfl-2017-week-5-team-of-the-week

1705-D-TOTW-NFL-768x432.jpg

DL0Bc2sWkAIbOFX.jpg

Edge defender – Jerry Hughes, Buffalo Bills

PFF Grade: 93.9

Elite Stat: Jerry Hughes had six total pressures from 29 pass rushing snaps.

Jerry Hughes had about as dominant a game as an edge defender can have without recording a sack. He had two knockdowns of QB Andy Dalton, and four more hurries as a pass-rusher. He also notched four defensive stops in the run game and was consistently far too much for the Bengals to handle on the egde.

• 3 weeks later...