Jerry Jones Impeding Contract Extension for Roger Goodell - Extension Officially Signed

26CornerBlitz

21 hours ago, cba fan said:

Can't and won't argue anything you just mentioned. We agree pretty close.

Big thing was the Toronto group passed on it's chance and unclear as to exactly why as they have never commented, but absolutely yes Ralph setup a temporary road block that in the end appeared to work out in favor of Bills fans in Buffalo. We all got lucky Pegs was willing to bid. Greatest day in my Bills fan life when it was announced Pegs was buying.

Temporary.... things could have been very different if Mr Wilson passed away, say in 2017 or 2018...

MLSE, does not have the liquid assets to compete with Terry Pegula.  whether Jon Bon Jovi was the front, back, or side.  Rogers also has their money tied up with various family matters after the old man's death.  They also blew a ton of money on the NHL contracts and are paying for it.

I do remember other interests rumored to come in and kick the tires.... an individual or group from Chicago comes to my memory.  It seems they were likely scared off by the NRA with the lease.   Combined with a relocation fee, and the price of building a stadium (presumably in Toronto).... it would make a $2 Million bid into $4 million very quickly.  

It was all timing.  The paint wasn't even dry on the RWS renovations when all this came into action.  Also, the emergence of the Pegula family with their liquid wealth and commitment to the city was a monster factor.

I truly appreciate Ralph Wilson and his family for creating the Bills and maintaining them through more than 50 years.  Ralph Wilson is the father of the Buffalo Bills.  However, I do not subscribe to the thought that he had some sort of master plan to screw the NFL and force the team to remain in Buffalo.  If that were the case, he would have fought for a 50 year NRA and the state/county would have gladly accepted.  The State/County side were the ones pushing for the $ penalty for breaking the lease and length of time.  The Bills didnt have too much leverage, as no way Wilson was going to sell the team at that point and take the tax hits.

Edited by May Day 10
  • Like (+1) 1