These next 3 games will tell us who the real Bills are

SaviorPeterman

It was great to take care of business and beat a team that many expect to land the #1 overall pick in next years draft. But the next three weeks will essentially determine this teams fate for the rest of the season.

On paper the Bills should lose against the Panthers, Broncos and Falcons which would translate into a 1-3 record. But thankfully the games aren't played on paper.

And as of right now I still think the Panthers and Falcons are guaranteed losses by default since they both road games against vastly superior teams and QB's. Denver looked pretty good last night but it was at home and I don't think Simian is anywhere close to the type of QB's Newton and Ryan are.

Still thinking 2-2 is best case which would ensure the season isn't lost by Halloween, but if we do lose all 3 then it's time to start thinking about the bills own chances of landing the #1 overall pick next year.

Best case is always going to be 4-0 until we play the game. I think 3-1 is realistic. Falcons looked pedestrian against the Bears as did the Broncos with the Chargers. The Bears and Chargers aren't better than the Bills. Panthers I don't know what will happen but I could see the Bills pulling out 3 wins. It certainly doesn't look as formidable a schedule as it did a week ago though.

1 - 3 heading for a top 5 pick

2 - 2 heading for another mediocre year, with a 'there's technically a chance' in November/December

3 - 1 heading for another mediocre year, with a 'there's technically a chance' all the way up to week 17, but still miss

4 - 0 heading to 12 straight losses after we get way too full of ourselves about breaking the drought

At least that's my take ;)

I threw up a little in my mouth after reading that.

Because you are probably right.

Id like to know when the Carolina Panthers became a very superior team to anyone. Aside from 2 seasons where everything went right, they have been below .500 in a garbage division every other year. Your clearly superior team went 6-10 last season.

They arent the Jets. But theyre not that far off from the Bills by any stretch imo

Edited by bobobonators

It was great to take care of business and beat a team that many expect to land the #1 overall pick in next years draft. But the next three weeks will essentially determine this teams fate for the rest of the season.

On paper the Bills should lose against the Panthers, Broncos and Falcons which would translate into a 1-3 record. But thankfully the games aren't played on paper.

And as of right now I still think the Panthers and Falcons are guaranteed losses by default since they both road games against vastly superior teams and QB's. Denver looked pretty good last night but it was at home and I don't think Simian is anywhere close to the type of QB's Newton and Ryan are.

Still thinking 2-2 is best case which would ensure the season isn't lost by Halloween, but if we do lose all 3 then it's time to start thinking about the bills own chances of landing the #1 overall pick next year.

I don't agree with the title or with the notion that the Panthers or Falcons are vastly superior. They may be, but as you say, we won't know until the games are played.

I don't agree with the title because EVERY team in the NFL is changing over the fist 4 to 8 weeks of the season. The good teams emerge later in the season, as they have gotten really good at executing what the coaches have given them. When the Bills D was so good under Schwartz a few years ago, it wasn't until the second half of the season that the D got dominant.

We won't know whether the Jets are as bad as everyone thinks until they've played a half dozen games.

It's especially true with a new HC and new offensive and defensive systems. We won't know what the Bills are like until the players really settle into the systems.

So the Bills could start 1-3 and still be a good team in December. The problem with starting 1-3 is that it makes it difficult to make the playoffs, but that doesn't mean they should tank after that start. Most of these players will be on the team next season, and tanking for the last 12 games means that you've given up the opportunity for those players to learn and grow in the system as much as possible.

I agree, Panthers, Broncos, Falcons looks like a really tough stretch of games, but you don't know until the Bills play them. Maybe one or more of those teams isn't as good as we think they are. Panthers lost their defensive coordinator, except for short stretches Newton hasn't been a better QB than Taylor. Really, check the stats - lower career passer rating, never had a season with a higher passer rating than Tyrod, has lower yards per attempt rushing than Taylor. Yes, it's on the road.

Broncos have a really suspect QB, and what looks to be a mediocre offense. Bills offense is perfect to play Denver - they aren't very good against the run, and the short passing game negates the pass rush.

Atlanta? Have they recovered from the Super Bowl? Their rushing defense isn't very good either.

Bottom line, the Bills could be 4-0 to start the season. Am I dreaming? Yes. I'd be happy to be 2-2, and that's what I expect. I don't think the Bills will lose the next three.

Edited by Shaw66