Sullivan: Pump the brakes on Peterman.

JM2009

Now Sullivan the clown is your voice of reason because it fits your argument. Sad!

Taylor stinks and Peterman is better so let's start the QB who is worse, makes total sense if you have no idea what you're talking about.

All you naysayers will see the light come next sunday, should Taylor start, and what's sad about that is that light has been so bright since the start alot of you have been blinded and can't see the reality of things. Actually kind of ignorant like the coach has been on the QBs and is right now with Ducasse vs Miller.

They are jettisoning guys who don't "fit the scheme" and Taylor 100% does not fit the scheme yet they are going to start him, makes no sense and kind of hypocritical to everybody else in the lockerroom.

I get why he is starting Tyrod over Peterman. IMO it's because of comfort, he's not starting the better QB, Taylor is the vet, coach is scared to start the rookie because if he looks bad then coach looks bad, he doesn't want that, can't look like anymore of a clown show than what has transpired within the team up until now.

The best thing for this team is if Taylor stays in concussion protocol for about a month and never sees the field again in a Bills uniform.

Sullivan, what a hack.

This system may fit Peterman better.I've said that many times, but you can't read. TT was 15-14 in real NFL games. pre season means nothing.he deserves to start, for now. You need help with this sick hate for a man you have never met. The guy played his heart out for 29 games and was not the main reason this team missed the playoffs. Not even close. How many times so many of us have said he isn't the long term answer, but he is far from terrible I can't count, and yet here I am doing it again, because you have some sick hatred for the guy-even glad he has a concussion. SMH Peterman right now looks like what TT is-a good backup. That is all.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

But the Bills scored 399 points with him last season, which was the most they scored since Doug Flutie's big year in 1998 and more than the last two Super Bowl teams with Jim Kelly.

this little comment from the article is very misleading. why compare a taylor led offense to fluties big year (playoffs) or the last two superbowls led by kelly when the taylor led offense and team finished 7-9?

the argument has been, some blame it on the defense which was part of the reason. at the end of the day, there is no comparison nor should they/he be acknowledged in the same sentence (other than the almighty meaningless stats) as flutie or kelly.

7-9

peterman is getting closer to starting the opener with still no solid news on taylors condition? I really don't expect taylor to start, but if he does, he better light it up and not be a factor in a loss to a division rival. they open 0-1 and 0-1 in the division they will need to take some serious thought as to whether they put the rookie in. I know, they should lose three or four games before benching taylor, right?

taylor starts he's going to be under some serious pressure. question is, can he handle it?

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

I will just say no projection needed. TT flat sucks, and Peterman shows better decision making skills, AND moves this offense, better as a rookie

You were happy TT got a concussion and was hurt.No fan wants any of the players hurt. You were gleeful about it. You, Old School. and that XRush guy. Sad....Peterman may fit this offense better, but pre season means nothing. Brissett had a 300 yard game and he is not very good. wait and see how it plays out.

this little comment from the article is very misleading. why compare a taylor led offense to fluties big year (playoffs) or the last two superbowls led by kelly when the taylor led offense and team finished 7-9?

the argument has been, some blame it on the defense which was part of the reason. at the end of the day, there is no comparison nor should he/they acknowledged in the same sentence (other than the almighty meaningless stats) as flutie or kelly.

7-9

peterman is getting closer to starting the opener with still no solid news on taylors condition? I really don't expect taylor to start, but if he does, he better light it up and not be a factor in a loss to a division rival. they open 0-1 and 0-1 in the division they will need to take some serious thought as to whether they put the rookie in. I know, they should lose three or four games before benching taylor, right?

taylor starts he's going to be under some serious pressure. question is, can he handle it?

7-8. TT didn't play the last game when the team gave up. I never like comparisons from one era to another because there are to many different variables. Much harder to score back in the early 90's than now. But this team has scored enough to have a shot at the playoffs the last two seasons. This new system may not be a fit for TT, however.

I'm not sure about comparing the point totals from 2016 to 1993... I would have to say it's obviously a different game. You aren't even allowed to play defense anymore and teams just have a different approach to the game overall. I would also say that the most important reason for any decent point output, is Shady and not Tyrod. Just my opinion.

I get what you're saying but we have lost every game Shady played while Tyrod sat out which completely nulls youre point. Its fair to say they both benefit from each other on this roster. One more than the other.

You were happy TT got a concussion and was hurt.No fan wants any of the players hurt. You were gleeful about it. You, Old School. and that XRush guy. Sad....Peterman may fit this offense better, but pre season means nothing. Brissett had a 300 yard game and he is not very good. wait and see how it plays out.

7-8. TT didn't play the last game when the team gave up. I never like comparisons from one era to another because there are to many different variables. Much harder to score back in the early 90's than now. But this team has scored enough to have a shot at the playoffs the last two seasons. This new system may not be a fit for TT, however.

Hey man I am not happy about Tyrod getting hurt. I do not want Tyrod replaced so bad that I want him hurt, I never wish that on anyone.

I do think Tyrod will play bad enough to get himself replaced without being hurt, just look at his preseason this year in this system. With him being hurt it just speeds up replacing him. I dont want him hurt as a excuse but I do want him replaced. I might sound gleeful of him being out but thats because we hopefully will see his replacement now instead of later.

Eitherway Tyrod is gone, Im ready for change now.

Edited by xRUSHx

Sullivans right. Lets see where Petermans at after 10 starts when d coordinators have had some time to figure out what he does and doesnt do well. Theyll take away what he does best and hell have to counter. Thats when well know what we got.

decisive split second read, react and make highly accurate throws is what Peterman does best and there is no taken that away or they would have stopped tom brady years ago in my humble opinion.

This. Tyrod did xyz last year, but that was last year with different offense, different coaches, different players. He looks completely lost in the new offense and it's going to be a disaster

When are people going to understand that the offense we've seen Taylor run probably won't really resemble the offense he's going to run during the regular season. Anyone paying close attention probably would've noticed how often Peterman was in the shotgun passing and even handing the ball off. Notice that Taylor didn't hand the ball off even once in the shotgun despite doing it countless times last year? There's a reason for that. Beane said it. It's been posted a number of times. Look it up.

I want Peterman to be good, I really do. I want (and hope) to see him in a regular season game once the Bills are eliminated from playoff contention (maybe earlier if they technically aren't eliminated in week 11 or 12 but it is obvious they will be). BUT, I still cant say he will be good, or even average, until I see him throw downfield. I'm talking 30-40 yard fly patterns AND 15-25 yard outs, slants, and crossing patterns.

I don't care how good Peterman is on the short stuff, he needs to be at least average on the mid/long routs (15-25 yards).

Edited by mjd1001

This. Tyrod did xyz last year, but that was last year with different offense, different coaches, different players. He looks completely lost in the new offense and it's going to be a disaster

Thought it had been established on here that the offense we saw in PS weeks 1-3 was not the offense we will see vs the Jets.

decisive split second read, react and make highly accurate throws is what Peterman does best and there is no taken that away or they would have stopped tom brady years ago in my humble opinion.

Its only took 4 games for them to figure out Wentz, when they take away Petermens short game hopefully he develops the longer passes he doesnt have on film.

Hey man I am not happy about Tyrod getting hurt. I do not want Tyrod replaced so bad that I want him hurt, I never wish that on anyone.

I do think Tyrod will play bad enough to get himself replaced without being hurt, just look at his preseason this year in this system. With him being hurt it just speeds up replacing him. I dont want him hurt as a excuse but I do want him replaced. I might sound gleeful of him being out but thats because we hopefully will see his replacement now instead of later.

Eitherway Tyrod is gone, Im ready for change now.

I thought we traded you to the Rams forum for a 2nd round pick and a back up CB?

:lol: :lol:

Bro Lets make an avi bet on if Tyrod gets benched this season before we are eliminated from playoff contention. Or an over/under bet on "when" he gets benched

Edited by Marty McFly

Thought it had been established on here that the offense we saw in PS weeks 1-3 was not the offense we will see vs the Jets.

So they practiced the wrong plays all preseason? Tyrod was terrible on practices too. Maybe they were running scout team plays though right?

Its only took 4 games for them to figure out Wentz, when they take away Petermens short game hopefully he develops the longer passes he doesnt have on film.

I thought we traded you to the Rams forum for a 2nd round pick and a back up CB?

:lol: :lol:

Bro Lets make an avi bet on if Tyrod gets benched this season before we are eliminated from playoff contention. Or an over/under bet on "when" he gets benched

WCO spreads the field horizontally and concentrates on a 15 yard area off the line of scrimmage so to stop Petermans short game is to stop the Dennison O in my humble opinion.

WCO spreads the field horizontally and concentrates on a 15 yard area off the line of scrimmage so to stop Petermans short game is to stop the Dennison O in my humble opinion.

Your absolutely right. That didnt limit joe montana and steve young from stretching the field vertically when they needed too. I hope petermen can do the same but we haven't seen it yet.