49er's under-paid for Jonas?

d_wag

just for the folks that insist the 9er's paid to much for jonas.......

"Credit VP of personnel Scot McLoughan a nod for getting Jennings early, and for below market value, considering the deals ORTs Ryan Diem and John Tait have signed in the last two offseasons. Both contracts are similar to Jennings' but Diem and Tait each received more cash up front."

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Comme...spins030305.htm

For an intelligent poster you sure like to beat your dead horses don't you?  :(

I thnk we're all clear on your stance at this point.

261204[/snapback]

i didn't offer an opinion in that post........simply posted a bills related link.......

just for the folks that insist the 9er's paid to much for jonas.......

"Credit VP of personnel Scot McLoughan a nod for getting Jennings early, and for below market value, considering the deals ORTs Ryan Diem and John Tait have signed in the last two offseasons. Both contracts are similar to Jennings' but Diem and Tait each received more cash up front."

http://www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/Comme...spins030305.htm

261201[/snapback]

Market Value, the term you're hung up on today, doesn't equate to $$ value based on performance. It's a parallel in comparison of contracts of other overpaid tackles.

If TD had offered him that contract, then I'd know he's lost his mind, regardless of how much cap space he was working with. Giving an average to good OT that kind of $$ is just plain stupid. Walter Jones or some other top Tackles are worth it. Jennings is not.

You d_wag I think you're right. I am surprised that as good as Jennings is, and since he was not only the best FA LT but the best FA overall he should have gotten a 7 year 70 million doolar deal with 20 million up front.

Market Value, the term you're hung up on today, doesn't equate to $$ value based on performance. It's a parallel in comparison of contracts of other overpaid tackles.

If TD had offered him that contract, then I'd know he's lost his mind, regardless of how much cap space he was working with. Giving an average to good OT that kind of $$ is just plain stupid. Walter Jones or some other top Tackles are worth it. Jennings is not.

261211[/snapback]

Yep. Jonas is okay, but not $36 million okay. It would be nice to keep him, but I'm glad they didn't pay so much to do so.

You d_wag I think you're right.  I am surprised that as good as Jennings is, and since he was not only the best FA LT but the best FA overall he should have gotten a 7 year 70 million doolar deal with 20 million up front.

261219[/snapback]

You are kidding right? The BEST Free agent overall, worth 10 million a year? Yeah, you must be kidding.

You d_wag I think you're right.  I am surprised that as good as Jennings is, and since he was not only the best FA LT but the best FA overall he should have gotten a 7 year 70 million doolar deal with 20 million up front.

261219[/snapback]

Just $20 million?

Not totally related, but Aundray Bruce was the No. 1 draft choice one year. Take that as your comp of fair market value. By d-wag's logic that Bruce was equal to our Bruce.

261211[/snapback]

Exactly.......the market value takes into consideration the insanity of people like Dan Snyder and his pocket book. That is entirely different than a player's value to a particular team. Even though as of today we clearly have a need for a LT, TD obviously did not feel that Jonas' market value equated to his value to our team. All I know is that TD has improved the talent on the team every year since he's been here, and I have confidence that we'll be better this season than we were last season.

Not totally related, but Aundray Bruce was the No. 1 draft choice one year.  Take that as your comp of fair market value.  By d-wag's logic that Bruce was equal to our Bruce.

261241[/snapback]

The biggest bust in draft history, or one of them. Atlanta holds him in as high a regard as we do Lonnie Johnson. Maybe even higher.

The biggest bust in draft history, or one of them.  Atlanta holds him in as high a regard as we do Lonnie Johnson.  Maybe even higher.

261243[/snapback]

Yeah, but did he get a job coaching a HS team? I can only imagine Friggin' Lonnie motivating the boys. Maybe he'll show them the Packer game.

i didn't offer an opinion in that post........simply posted a bills related link.......

261206[/snapback]

The link you offered combined with your posting history makes it an opinion, and it's a bit disingenuous to claim otherwise.

The link you offered combined with your posting history makes it an opinion, and it's a bit disingenuous to claim otherwise.

261257[/snapback]

Including this little nugget:

"just for the folks that insist the 9er's paid to much for jonas......."

sorry boys, i'll stick to just opinion from now on........i'll stay away from the links, seeing you guys disagree with what is being said in them.........

261270[/snapback]

Yes, that's what we're crying out for. Fewer links! More opinions! :ph34r:

Maybe you could let us know what you think of TD's approach to pending free agents. I've been trying to figure it out, but you're just so damn opaque.

sorry boys, i'll stick to just opinion from now on........i'll stay away from the links, seeing you guys disagree with what is being said in them.........

261270[/snapback]

In the immortal words of Tanner Boyle, "If you wiped your nose once in awhile, Lupus, people wouldn't give you so much crud all the time."