So quick to label Tyrod not a fit

cover1

LMAO Bobby spot on. 7th year and this guy still stinks. He is a good backup at best. I have never understood many Bills fans. They lock onto a guy who isn't good and keep trying to polish turds.

These guys need a real franchise QB so they can finally understand the crap the Org. has put out there for about 17 years now

But he's the best QB we've had since Kelly!!

I think the other side is saying that Peterman is a more natural fit for the kind of offense that Dennison likes to run however you label it ("West Coast" or whatever). And they may actually be right. C.Biscuit97 makes some good points in another thread.

The thing is, we don't actually know what kind of offense Rico wants to run. He's never ran his own show before, despite previously having an OC title. Cover1 ~ you're a great film analysis guy (I think it's super cool you went to the scouting academy) but you can't dissect film that doesn't yet exist. TT may very well be a good fit for the offense that Dennison is masterminding for the Bills. But we'll only find out for sure when the season gets under way.

So I think it's a little premature to argue about whether or not TT is a good fit for Dennison's offense when none of us knows what a Bills-Dennison offense looks like.

excellent take in regard to what Dennison is rolling out w/ Taylor.

The Bills could be a big surprise this year.

But the BIG problem for me is that I don't like Taylor and I think he will be benched during the year for the rookie.

I see this a mile away. But if Taylor surprises me, game on.

I tend to believe the same. My guess is games 6-8...

First off, I appreciate your contributions to the board. You're great at what you do and I look forward to all of your videos.

I feel that "most" people that are calling for peterman are doing so because they don't see us in contention this season and that Tyrod will probably be on a different team next season. They'd rather see what peterman can do (we've already seen what TT can do) if we weren't going to contend. I believe starting peterman to start the season would be a huge mistake, but if after a few games, if the offense is stuck in the mud, hand the keys over and see what he can do. Makes a lot of sense to me

Thank you. Very fair assessment and completely rational. I broke down Peterman EXTENSIVELY

I really like him, but he was a 5th rounder for a reason. He has a very low ceiling and probably fits as a career backup. But he is another guy that the coordinator will have to maximize and minimize with much like TT. People forget that this scheme has been successful because of its run game, not its QB when was the last time this scheme was carried by a QB? Elway? Both of these QBs will need to be handled delicately as they are not QBs that can carry a team. Throw in that Peterman wasn't asked to do much in college AND still only completed half of his passes and now fans want to throw him in, that could be a disaster. Will it happen? Probably, but not for a few weeks. Id say 6-8 games...

I think the other side is saying that Peterman is a more natural fit for the kind of offense that Dennison likes to run however you label it ("West Coast" or whatever). And they may actually be right. C.Biscuit97 makes some good points in another thread.

The thing is, we don't actually know what kind of offense Rico wants to run. He's never ran his own show before, despite previously having an OC title. Cover1 ~ you're a great film analysis guy (I think it's super cool you went to the scouting academy) but you can't dissect film that doesn't yet exist. TT may very well be a good fit for the offense that Dennison is masterminding for the Bills. But we'll only find out for sure when the season gets under way.

So I think it's a little premature to argue about whether or not TT is a good fit for Dennison's offense when none of us knows what a Bills-Dennison offense looks like.

He has coached this system for a long time, he knows it like the back of his hand so the core concepts will be there. There are many ways to skin a cat. I will say that after talking with some players, there are tweaks to the system to make it mesh with the personnel we have. For example, typically they run a lot of zone runs right? Well, we don't really have the zone offensive lineman, so they incorporated a play called 'duo'. Looks just like inside zone, but it is really a gap concept. So I get what you're saying and I agree. I do think it is premature to argue fit vs not, but my point is that if TT fails it will not be because he is or isn't a fit. He has run these concepts before, has produced better numbers in the short to intermediate area than many QBs that have played in the system and the run game paired with boot action definitely favors TT.