White slavery

My great grandmother came over from Germany when she was a 16 year old girl. She came alone as her father only had enough money to send her. She was supposed to meet and live with her uncle in Buffalo.

This was right before the turn of the century.

Entering Ellis island my great grandmother was kidnapped and they tried to force her into sex slavery. They stole her papers, and all her money.

She escaped and made her way to Buffalo somehow and found her uncle.

I have her memoir in my attic and it is fascinating to read. She lived 75+ years in this country and loved America very much and was very grateful to be here , and she never complained once about being kidnapped as a child

This is American History that few know about. But it's always been close to my heart and it's a intriguing subject

Thanks for sharing.

Slavery has existed since time immemorial and continues to exist today, yes even here in the United States. Hell, the US gives billions of dollars a year to countries who profit from human trafficking and slavery (looking at you, Sauds). Human trafficking and sex slavery are real and flourishing industries right here in the good ol' USofA.

Anyone who thinks slavery only existed in the Confederate South, or ended after the Civil War, are ignorant of not just history, but current events.

Thanks for sharing.

Slavery has existed since time immemorial and continues to exist today, yes even here in the United States. Hell, the US gives billions of dollars a year to countries who profit from human trafficking and slavery (looking at you, Sauds). Human trafficking and sex slavery are real and flourishing industries right here in the good ol' USofA.

Anyone who thinks slavery only existed in the Confederate South, or ended after the Civil War, are ignorant of not just history, but current events.

Yes, it is as bad today as it ever has been.

Trafficking is VERY REAL

Yes, it is as bad today as it ever has been.

Trafficking is VERY REAL

I've worked closely with FBI agents assigned to various human trafficking task forces. Just reading/hearing about the **** they deal with on a day-to-day basis was enough to make me physically ill. Having to deal with it in real life, every day, has to be one of the more heart-wrenching jobs in law enforcement.

B716, some people aren't fizzed by what they have to deal with. My exposure to the worst stuff has fortunately been kept to a few cases.

And that's why they are doing it. Because they aren't affected by it.

That be like a surgeon who is squeamish to blood. Chose the wrong profession

You can justify the exposure by not being too bothered and it's part of the job you signed up for. Some I've known have to get reassigned before their term is up. Family law caused a lot of friends to give up that specialty practice because it is brutal every single day.

My great grandmother came over from Germany when she was a 16 year old girl. She came alone as her father only had enough money to send her. She was supposed to meet and live with her uncle in Buffalo.

This was right before the turn of the century.

Entering Ellis island my great grandmother was kidnapped and they tried to force her into sex slavery. They stole her papers, and all her money.

She escaped and made her way to Buffalo somehow and found her uncle.

I have her memoir in my attic and it is fascinating to read. She lived 75+ years in this country and loved America very much and was very grateful to be here , and she never complained once about being kidnapped as a child

This is American History that few know about. But it's always been close to my heart and it's a intriguing subject

Clearly your great grandmother was black.

B, and if you come across KP during the review of a computer or the search of a home or office, you report it and have to sit there while they put it up on a huge screen in lawyers offices while they argue whether it is the real deal of just "posturing". They don't want to make a mistake either way and this can take hours....

Edit: or "posturing"

B, and if you come across KP during the review of a computer or the search of a home or office, you report it and have to sit there while they put it up on a huge screen in lawyers offices while they argue whether it is the real deal of just "posturing". They don't want to make a mistake either way and this can take hours.... Edit: or "posturing"

Jeez

Going back to your last post I bet family law is brutal.

No easy way to rip apart a family

Some lawyers thought they'd be able to help people but by the time they are called in IT IS ON... to the death. IT people are constantly at risk to come across KP, when I'm asked by students I tell them it's an occupational hazard, you aren't embracing it (how could someone embrace that) and you don't get counselling if it ruins your slep.

Jeez

Going back to your last post I bet family law is brutal.

No easy way to rip apart a family

My sister's in family law. She acts as a representative for the children in cases. You'd think that would be easier, just for being straightforward...but no...

Some lawyers thought they'd be able to help people but by the time they are called in IT IS ON... to the death. IT people are constantly at risk to come across KP, when I'm asked by students I tell them it's an occupational hazard, you aren't embracing it (how could someone embrace that) and you don't get counselling if it ruins your slep.

Trafficking and KP are imo linked to some degree

Those children are obviously being trafficked from somewhere

Pitting children against a parent has to take its toll, even trying to be a peacemaker gets nowhere. As a number cruncher the most horrifying thing to me would be cold-calling people on commission...

I sold sports equipment for years and I never made commission once. I actually cared about giving you good equipment , not making a quick buck

Commission creates greedy salesmen and starts fights between them too.

Nothing pisses a salesman off worse than not being top dog