And please stop comparing Sammy's stats to the new wr

Cherrybone

To start even outside of the injuries how much can you expect from Sammy when you consider the qb's and the coordinators he had during his time here? As for the qb's, the best QB he played with is Tyrod and that's a qb that only throw the ball if you're WIDE OPEN.

Some people even try to say that the other receiver played with lesser talent at qb. Well the issue is he was giving far more chances to make plays. Tyrod don't take chances.

So the next time someone compare their stats please tell the entire story. And please don't think the guy is gonna have the same production here playing with Tyrod. The only way I can see that is if he's out on the field with a orange vest on. So compare their numbers all you want but watch the drastic drop in his numbers playing with Tyrod.

Edited by Cherrybone

He played with Mark Sanchez and put up the same numbers. Tyrod is better than Sanchez.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He played with a qb picked second in the NFL draft.

his rookie year he played with Sanchez, then Bradford and then wentz. All pretty identical years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

his rookie year he played with Sanchez, then Bradford and then wentz. All pretty identical years Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From an Eagles board: https://www.bleedinggreennation.com/platform/amp/2017/6/7/15728632/jordan-matthews-stats-eagles-philadelphia-garbage-time-inflated-contract-nfl-wide-receiver-slot

Something not mentioned....I look forward to watching a productive reciever that has shown he can play more than half the season, that's a big reason for this trade

Sammy played in 37 out of 48 games.

I knew this would come up quick...you get the point, and that's no mention to the games he was in hurt. Jerry Rice is no good sitting on the sidelines, and Sammy is very high risk of that....you know what I meant

It's funny how many people are burying Goff after one season of learning the hardest position in sports under Jeff Fisher. Patience is dead.

I knew this would come up quick...you get the point, and that's no mention to the games he was in hurt. Jerry Rice is no good sitting on the sidelines, and Sammy is very high risk of that....you know what I meant

Sammy played in 3 more games than Julio did in his first 3 years. He had similar production and didn't play with a qb close to Matt Ryan.

Would you trade Julio for a 2nd rounder and EJ Gaines? Sammy has similar ability. Jordan Matthews on his best day can be a solid #2 WR.

It's funny how many people are burying Goff after one season of learning the hardest position in sports under Jeff Fisher. Patience is dead.

Sammy played in 3 more games than Julio did in his first 3 years. He had similar production and didn't play with a qb close to Matt Ryan.

Would you trade Julio for a 2nd rounder and EJ Gaines? Sammy has similar ability. Jordan Matthews on his best day can be a solid #2 WR.

Yes but you still can't compare the two, we have no idea how Sammy injury will turn out and there is reason for concern. It worked out for Julio. I won't argue with the talent aspect, I'm just trying to make light of the situation. Tough day to be a Bills fan...yes, I was a huge Sammy fan

He played with Mark Sanchez and put up the same numbers. Tyrod is better than Sanchez.Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here's where I agree and disagree. Taylor is only considered better then Sanchez because he's a dual threat. Sanchez is considered horrible because he make bone headed decisions. Overall both are bad qb's. However if I had to choose between the two I'd take Sanchez because one thing I know for sure is that I'm gonna get chances to make plays. With Tyrod he don't throw the ball. I run my route and the next thing I know I'm a blocker for the man I'm trying to get the ball from. So in terms of Matthew putting up better numbers then Watkins it's because no matter how bad we view the qb's he played with he was still getting opportunities to make plays. Answer this do any of you expect him to put up those same numbers playing with Tyrod? Sammy did somewhat because he's an elite talent when healthy. There's no way anybody will say that Matthew is on the same level as Sammy.

Edited by Cherrybone

How many game did he have to leave early? or have limited snaps?

I bought the guys jersey and had big hopes for him.

I feel bad that he didn't work out, and became yet another Whaley blunder.

He is gone and we need to move on,

Here's where I agree and disagree. Taylor is only considered better then Sanchez because he's a dual threat. Sanchez is considered horrible because he make bone headed decisions. Overall both are bad qb's. However if I had to choose between the two I'd take Sanchez because one thing I know for sure is that I'm gonna get chances to make plays. With Tyrod he don't throw the ball. I run my route and the next thing I know I'm a blocker for the man I'm trying to get the ball from. So in terms of Mitchell putting up better numbers then Watkins it's because no matter how bad we view the qb's he played with he was still getting opportunities to make plays. Answer this do any of you expect him to put up those same numbers playing with Tyrod? Sammy did somewhat because he's an elite talent when healthy. There's no way anybody will say that Mitchell is on the same level as Sammy.

As I said lets see how he does with Gofful at QB.

Yes but you still can't compare the two, we have no idea how Sammy injury will turn out and there is reason for concern. It worked out for Julio. I won't argue with the talent aspect, I'm just trying to make light of the situation. Tough day to be a Bills fan...yes, I was a huge Sammy fan

I respect your point of view and obviously I hope you're right. I fear we don't get close to a wr of Sammy's talent for a long time. And it sure would be nice for a young qb to have a guy like that to throw to. But point taken.

I respect your point of view and obviously I hope you're right. I fear we don't get close to a wr of Sammy's talent for a long time. And it sure would be nice for a young qb to have a guy like that to throw to. But point taken.

I also agree with you on this. Sammy was my favorite player in that draft and was so pumped when we got him even wit the cost. I was hoping he wold stay a Bill for life. Injuries is the only thing holding Sammy back

Edited by Gunsgoodtime

So since Matthews has put up better numbers than Julio and Sammy his first three games it's safe to say he's better than both right?Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you want to go there do you think Matthews is gonna continue to put up those same numbers playing with Tyrod? Hope he's used to blocking down field after running his route.

How many game did he have to leave early? or have limited snaps?

I bought the guys jersey and had big hopes for him.

I feel bad that he didn't work out, and became yet another Whaley blunder.

He is gone and we need to move on,

As I said lets see how he does with Gofful at QB.

And let's see how Matthews do playing with Tyrod. He better get a bright orange jersey.