Best Athlete Ever

Bo was an All Star in baseball. As a fielder, he was probably better than anyone since. As a hitter he was still learning but already a feared power hitter.

What other sports did Phelps or Lebron dominate?

Yeah, for 1 year. Not exactly a 10 year run of top tier performance. Same with football - one Pro Bowl.

I get that his split time played a big part in that. He was clearly an incredible talent, but it would have been nice to see him go crazy in one sport for a long time. That matters to me, YMMV.

Lebron would be a Pro Bowl tight end from Day 1.

Edited by TheElectricCompany

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, for 1 year. Not exactly a 10 year run of top tier performance. Same with football - one Pro Bowl.

I get that his split time played a big part in that. He was clearly an incredible talent, but it would have been nice to see him go crazy in one sport for a long time. That matters to me, YMMV.

But flopping is not rewarded in the NFL....

I really don't know about that.

1 good shot across the middle and he would fold up. He would need an all star QB to be good. Put him on the browns or SF and he's nothing

He's not that tough on the bball court. He's a beast and a HoF but rather soft for a 6'8 270 beast. Always flops. I think keuchley would take his head off across the middle

Maybe I'm wrong. put him with Brady or Rodgers and he would be special as a receiving TE

Lots good answers, Bo deservedly gets his love.

I'm going to throw in a shout out to the late Wilt Chamberlain.

Tthe stories told about him are Paull Bunyan/Chuck Norris-like.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/2e6shs/compilation_of_wilt_chamberlain_stories/

Larry Brown's story about the UCLA pick up game against Magic, James Worthy, Byron Scott, AC Green and Bernard King might be the best.

Lots good answers, Bo deservedly gets his love.

I'm going to throw in a shout out to the late Wilt Chamberlain.

Tthe stories told about him are Paull Bunyan/Chuck Norris-like.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/2e6shs/compilation_of_wilt_chamberlain_stories/

Larry Brown's story about the UCLA pick up game against Magic, James Worthy, Byron Scott, AC Green and Bernard King might be the best.

I said a page back that Wilt would have dominated any era.

He was a once in a lifetime phenom. He could bench 500lbs

I really don't know about that.

1 good shot across the middle and he would fold up. He would need an all star QB to be good. Put him on the browns or SF and he's nothing

He's not that tough on the bball court. He's a beast and a HoF but rather soft for a 6'8 270 beast. Always flops. I think keuchley would take his head off across the middle

Maybe I'm wrong. put him with Brady or Rodgers and he would be special as a receiving TE

Naw, just throw it towards him and he'd go up and get it. Jump ball situation with a 6'1, 215 lb safety on him, who do you think wins?

He reportedly ran a 4.6 40, that's faster than Gronkowski, similar to Jimmy Graham.

I don't think he'd be any slouch if he switched sports, too late now though.

Naw, just throw it towards him and he'd go up and get it. Jump ball situation with a 6'1, 215 lb safety on him, who do you think wins?

He reportedly ran a 4.6 40, that's faster than Gronkowski, similar to Jimmy Graham.

I don't think he'd be any slouch if he switched sports, too late now though.

I don't believe the 6'1 safety would have a chance

Any sport, any era

Go...

This is such a typical Canadian answer but I have to say Wayne Gretzky. Still hold so many records that will never be broken.

Michael Phelps a very, very close 2nd. Actually I guess you could even put him as #1

CBF

Well after myself :D

"Alexander Karelin is the real-life equivalent of what you would get if you mixed Ivan Drago with Fedor Emelianenko and Zangief from Street Fighter II. He's the single most dominant Greco-Roman wrestler of all time, and, if the picture above is any indication, one of the mostfrightening human beings of all time."

http://www.badassoftheweek.com/karelin.html