Stats that define the "Build a bully" era

The top five defense I agree with, but one season of 9-7 when NE really didn't care about that last game, isn't inheriting "winning teams". They were 6-10 before that. I'm glad Ryan is gone, but he inherited an average NFL team overall, maybe a little above average. They are still an average roster at best, which is why they can use a vet like Boldin.

You're talking out of both sides of your mouth. You constantly brag about this too 100 offense we had. So Rex inherited a top 5 defense and we had a top 10 offense. I know you have a hard on for hating on Whaley but that would mean there was a lot of talent on the roster.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone told me pre-Ryan that we'd lead the league in rushing for his two straight years and were in the top 10 in scoring offense with a free-agent QB and still couldn't make the wild card at least one of the two years (with extremely favorable scheduling) with the talented defense that, ya know - a defensive head coach, inherited, my mind would be blown.

And oh boy, it sure is. I support McDermott/Beane's visions for short and long term success, but if we don't make some noise in these next couple years, Shady, Dareus, Sammy, Clay, Richie/Eric, and many other of our not-so-young talents will either walk or see their level of play decline. I admittedly fell hook, line, and sinker for the Ryan hype (as did whipping boy Russ Brandon and the Pegulas), and it just sucks that we didn't hire a proper coach two years ago where this team was far closer to playoff competition.

If someone told me pre-Ryan that we'd lead the league in rushing for his two straight years and were in the top 10 in scoring offense with a free-agent QB and still couldn't make the wild card at least one of the two years (with extremely favorable scheduling) with the talented defense that, ya know - a defensive head coach, inherited, my mind would be blown.

And oh boy, it sure is. I support McDermott/Beane's visions for short and long term success, but if we don't make some noise in these next couple years, Shady, Dareus, Sammy, Clay, Richie/Eric, and many other of our not-so-young talents will either walk or see their level of play decline. I admittedly fell hook, line, and sinker for the Ryan hype (as did whipping boy Russ Brandon and the Pegulas), and it just sucks that we didn't hire a proper coach two years ago where this team was far closer to playoff competition.

Yes. Exactly.