What would you do with $100.00 right now?

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could save money. This one does the job quite nicely. WIFI as well!

https://greenmountaingrills.com/products/grills/daniel-boone-blk/

Too funny, my neighbor was out of town last weekend and I cooked a 14 lb brisket and 10 lb pork shoulder on it. It was the Jim Bowie model.

The good: Hudddggeee smoke ring on the pork shoulder, super juicy, a 9/10 performance.

The bad: Major temperature swings (up to 75 degree difference between controller display and grill lid), probe temperature was wrong (showed 200 degrees internal brisket temp in 4 hours at 250????), burned through $22 in fuel in 12 hours, auger jammed 6 hours in required complete breakdown of grill.

Basically, the "set it and forget it" appeal was gone, and all the issues I've had in owning a wood pellet stove at my home flared up again. I will not be buying one.

Kamado has a huge temp range, uses less fuel, less parts to maintain, and can crush grill, smoking and hot oven requirements with ease.

Edited by TheElectricCompany

Too funny, my neighbor was out of town last weekend and I cooked a 14 lb brisket and 10 lb pork shoulder on it. It was the Jim Bowie model.

The good: Hudddggeee smoke ring on the pork shoulder, super juicy, a 9/10 performance.

The bad: Major temperature swings (up to 75 degree difference between controller display and grill lid), probe temperature was wrong (showed 200 degrees internal brisket temp in 4 hours at 250????), burned through $22 in fuel in 12 hours, auger jammed 6 hours in required complete breakdown of grill.

Basically, the "set it and forget it" appeal was gone, and all the issues I've had in owning a wood pellet stove at my home flared up again. I will not be buying one.

Kamado has a huge temp range, uses less fuel, less parts to maintain, and can crush grill, smoking and hot oven requirements with ease.

I haven't had any problems with temp swings or any auger jams. One thing though is the probe issue I don't trust it. I just use a regular thermometer. I think I may call the tech help which is very good btw.

I haven't had any problems with temp swings or any auger jams. One thing though is the probe issue I don't trust it. I just use a regular thermometer. I think I may call the tech help which is very good btw.

Yes, calling tech support on day one of using the grill sounds quite enjoyable.

Really sorry I posted. You should buy a egg.

What can I say, the $60 masterbuilt smoker I got off Craigslist runs better than that thing, and $6 in fuel to run it for 16 hours.

Glad you enjoy it, but my first experience was very frustrating and not what I expected, and that's tough to ignore.