Big Pat to vikes

d_wag

Vikings | Williams Agrees to Three-Year Deal - from www.KFFL.com

Wed, 2 Mar 2005 17:42:03 -0800

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the Minnesota Vikings have signed free agent DT Pat Williams (Bills) to a three-year, $13 million contract including $6 million in bonus money. The deal also includes incentives that could eventually reach $15 million.

sorry to interrupt........continue the TD worshipping.........

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the Minnesota Vikings have signed free agent DT Pat Williams (Bills) to a three-year, $13 million contract including $6 million in bonus money. The deal also includes incentives that could eventually reach $15 million.

259644[/snapback]

I will continue to worship, thanks. That much money for that guy was a waste.

Why am I picturing TD saying to you, "When you can take the cash from my hand, then you will be ready."

The funny thing is that the deal is not THAT much better than the one that TD presented, that was supposedly an insult. For PW to have signed so quickly, my thinking is that the Bills really didn't want him back -- or he really didn't want to be back after all, considering that he never gave us an opportunity to match.

259644[/snapback]

He played well for Buffalo for the better part of 8 years. I wish him success.

The funny thing is that the deal is not THAT much better than the one that TD presented,

259669[/snapback]

Yeah, so much for the "home team discount." F you Williams, don't let the door hit you in the ass. I'm not saying he won't be missed, but that's too much to pay for him. I'm sure he'll do fine in Minnesota and would have done well for us, but I'd rather spend the money on making the TEAM better.

He played well for Buffalo for the better part of 8 years. I wish him success.

259673[/snapback]

See, its not like you've been around for a few years, but..........

You've hit the nail on the head. BTW, Do you work for Home Depot? <_<

Paying him this much money is absolutely, positively a waste of cash, and if that type of thinking makes me a TD worshipper, then so be it. I'd rather worship a person who is a GM of a professional football team than a guy who posts messages on an internet message board who worships himself because he thinks he knows better.

Guest BackInDaDay
I stay home and eat food and drink booze.  My wife makes a bundle and buys me both.  Envious? <_<

259702[/snapback]

Don't know about him, but I am! <_<

Question: is DT past his prime worth 4.33 a year and a 6 mil bonus?  No, of course not.  If he was worth it the Bills would have signed him.  Tim Anderson/Ron Edwards will do just fine next to Sam Adams. 

Good Lord.  Grow a pair.

259651[/snapback]

Read it again. 13 (total) - 6 (bonus) = 7. 7/3 = $2.33/year and a $6M bonus. Still too much, I wish him luck, and glad he's at least out of the conference.

Blame Donohoe for what? Not overpaying for an old DT?

259740[/snapback]

He's way better than an average DT. If it wasn't the Vikings hooking up with him it would have been another team by tommorow. Just be thankful it wasn't Miami or the Jets!

Good for him. That's tempting but a little too much money for Pat, IMO. I would bet anybody anything that Pat gave TD a chance to match it and TD (along with Modrak and MM and Jerry Gray and Krumrie) thought it too steep. He knows Teddy Cottrell well and probably liked him. Good luck, Pat, you were a great Bill.