1992 NFL Classic: Bills 34 49ers 31 with No Punts

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps, but safe to say, not a day for either defense to brag.

No it wasn't, but Merton Hanks and Nate Odomes stepped up when they needed to.

They just couldn't stop anyone. I have a vague recollection of Talley admitting as much, and stating they just started trying to force turnovers, since they couldn't stop ****.

I also have a recollection of Talley being slightly glassy-eyed when saying that, as though he couldn't quite process what had just happened.

I believe that.

I'm sure Bill Romanowski never wanted to line-up against Thurman Thomas ever again.

I have to disagree with you. Brady by be a whiner but the dude has taken some pretty heavy hits in his career and he's pretty quick to bounce back up.

In this entire game I never once saw Jim Kelly or Steve Young look back at the officials asking for a flag after they were hit when they released the ball.

This was back when quarterbacks were football players. Crybaby has benefited from the NFL's keep your hands off the QB regulations era. He's also a part of a cheating culture, but that's a separate issue.

We can agree to disagree on this, I just find it highly doubtful that Crybaby would have survived during this time of football.