Would Beane sign Barnidge to replace Clay??

We are locked into Clay for 2 more years. Done. Unless we trade him and that awful contract.

Awful contract? His average salary is 6th in the league. He's a top 10 tight end playing on a team that doesn't throw the ball. Not sure it's all that horrible.

Awful contract? His average salary is 6th in the league. He's a top 10 tight end playing on a team that doesn't throw the ball. Not sure it's all that horrible.

Clay also does a lot of things that dont show up on a stat sheet for the team.....

I would like to see a dependable number 2 guy though

The hard part will be to convince Barnidge to come to Buffalo because he probably thinks he's a better player than Clay.

I really dont think he is

He's not worth what he's getting paid but I see that more of a coaching problem, he finished top 10 in some stats even being bottom in the league in passing, not sure why he can't be a solid weapon and maybe an OC who can game plan him into plays specifically for Clay. Hopefully better coaches will help, I think it will.

Seems like we have covered most of the details...Clay is three years younger, Barnidge wants the chance to start, Clay's cap hit is 9 million and the Bills have less than that left...they cant afford to cut Clay and sign Barnidge...etc.