Got bored and looked into some Dennison numbers...

well this is kind of stinky.

It is stinky, but regardless of who the OC is, as long as Tyrod Taylor is the QB, the offense HAS to be predictable.

Before anyone gets their breasts tied in a knot about crusading, that's not what I'm doing.

When a QB can only hit passes on the sidelines or dump offs, AND the same QB can't grasp anything more than a basic playbook, what more can an OC do? Especially with Shady in the backfield (God help us if he goes down).

Not a lot of options. It's why I thought Roman got shafted. If the OC can't trust his QB to throw the ball on obvious passing downs, the offense becomes pretty easy to defend against.

I don't expect that situation to get better and I will not blame Dennison.

It is stinky, but regardless of who the OC is, as long as Tyrod Taylor is the QB, the offense HAS to be predictable.

Before anyone gets their breasts tied in a knot about crusading, that's not what I'm doing.

When a QB can only hit passes on the sidelines or dump offs, AND the same QB can't grasp anything more than a basic playbook, what more can an OC do? Especially with Shady in the backfield (God help us if he goes down).

Not a lot of options. It's why I thought Roman got shafted. If the OC can't trust his QB to throw the ball on obvious passing downs, the offense becomes pretty easy to defend against.

So simple question....if this was truly the case why didnt opposing defenses just stack up against the run and take away the sidelines every play?

...interesting observations.....you probably know Roman went ballistic internally at OBD when Cassel was traded....he was hardly enamored to having TT as his next fiddle...so I'm not sure if he put his best effort forward to develop an offense around TT which may be why Wrecks fired him....be it as it may, it was highly predictable as in "run or done" and pray TT's wheels could make something or anything happen.....NOBODY feared the popgun passing game..........it's incumbent upon Dennison to see if he can develop TT and the passing game where it becomes a viable and threatening option versus the same old popgun..........

...interesting observations.....you probably know Roman went ballistic internally at OBD when Cassel was traded....he was hardly enamored to having TT as his next fiddle...so I'm not sure if he put his best effort forward to develop an offense around TT which may be why Wrecks fired him....be it as it may, it was highly predictable as in "run or done" and pray TT's wheels could make something or anything happen.....NOBODY feared the popgun passing game..........it's incumbent upon Dennison to see if he can develop TT and the passing game where it becomes a viable and threatening option versus the same old popgun..........

Rex fired him to deflect from the fact that his scum bag brother was the real problem. No one was - or is - going to magically make Tyrod Taylor an NFL starter. Ain't gonna happen.

The only reason why Dennison took this job is because he knows that this season is a mulligan and next year, he won't have Tyrod to make him look like schit.

Rex fired him to deflect from the fact that his scum bag brother was the real problem. No one was - or is - going to magically make Tyrod Taylor an NFL starter. Ain't gonna happen.

The only reason why Dennison took this job is because he knows that this season is a mulligan and next year, he won't have Tyrod to make him look like schit.

You are entitled to your opinion

Maybe this is just the jerk in me, but the FACT is that Tyrod IS an NFL starter. A middle of the pack starter, with some strengths and some weaknesses. But he IS a starter and has been for a couple years. You want something better, I get that..... :)

It's a logic.

But you reach and then expose your soft pink underbelly here

"only reason why Dennison took this job "

dude, thats crazy talk

:thumbsup: