Looks like I need to raise the sluice gates on the dam...

That fuel never came close to the lake or the ground.

When dumped, it vaporizes really quickly.

The old standard was anything dumped above 6000' would never reach, and they were multiples higher than that.

That fuel never came close to the lake or the ground.

When dumped, it vaporizes really quickly.

The old standard was anything dumped above 6000' would never reach, and they were multiples higher than that.

Oh, it just stays afloat in the upper atmosphere? Sweet.

I think you posted this in the wrong spot, this isn't the men's romper post....

What do we need to do to make those vaporize?

Oh, it just stays afloat in the upper atmosphere? Sweet.

What do we need to do to make those vaporize?

It doesn't "stay afloat in the upper atmoshere."

It is vaporized, and it's really no different than burned fuel regarding its existence in the atmosphere.

It doesn't "stay afloat in the upper atmoshere."

It is vaporized, and it's really no different than burned fuel regarding its existence in the atmosphere.

It's vapor and becomes part of the water cycle in very low concentration. Our planet has a built in filtration system. Lucky us, because we're nasty. Just plain gross.

It's vapor and becomes part of the water cycle in very low concentration. Our planet has a built in filtration system. Lucky us, because we're nasty. Just plain gross.

You wanna dwell on gross, I am a ray of sunshine! You've come to the right place.

As I kill this thread. Just to be safe, if the pollutant finds its way into the watershed, don't take a drink in Chicago/New Orleans for the next 100 years... Or Detroit for 121 years, BFLo for 124 years, Toronto/Montreal for 130 years... That should wipe out all the worry wort hippy environmentalists. ;-)

Man also aids in that natural filteration. If the pollutant ends up in that same watershed, we can help flush it away too... Hence my OP title. Treat it, Dilute it. Whooosh, just like flushing a toilet.

Lake Michigan wasn't a wise choice for a "natural filter" for the fuel dump. Could have been worse if they were over Lake Superior while onto the Motherland of South Korea. Superior naturally filters out in a whopping 191 years.

Naturally, Lake Michigan's residence time is 99 years. Would have been better to dump it over Lake Huron where the residence time is only 22 years. Then finds Lake Erie which is 3 years and Ontario which is 6 years. 31 years to the Atlantic with a Huron fuel dump, 9 with an Erie dump. Captain or air control system must have never studied geography and environmental impact. Dammit, they have a plane to fly and people to keep safe!

22+3+6=31 sure the hell beats 99. They were over TC (Traverse City) which is towards the north and near Lake Huron, I guess that helps? If they returned back to Detroit, why not dump it over Huron? It would be in the Atlantic in 31 years. 31 years vs. finding its way to the Atlantic or Gulf of Mexico in 99.

If the low concentration fuel vapor enters the water cycle in the southern end of the Lake Michigan watershed, I guess I got some flushing to do...

They did say the plane returned back to Detroit, I guess not enough time to do an environment impact study... LoL... I kid. Yet, they were circling over Lake Michigan for an hour before heading back over the Lower Pennisula to Detroit.

Why not burn fuel with the overland portion first, instead of dumping it... Then dump the rest over Detroit's big Lake... OR BETTER YET: Fly back to Detroit and dump it over Toledo and the small Lake (Erie). It would be past BFLo and over The Falls in 3 years.

LoL... Now, whatever low concentration of pollutant exists won't be filtered out and past BFLo or Chicago in a century.

I should have been Captain. We either would have polluted the western basin of Lake Erie, crashed over Boyst's fatherland of Toledo or died trying to get there while back over Michigan's Lower Pennisula.

I am just begging DCTom to come here and dispute my superior "environmental impact crash scenario logic!" ;-)

:-)

You wanna dwell on gross, I am a ray of sunshine! You've come to the right place.

As I kill this thread. Just to be safe, if the pollutant finds its way into the watershed, don't take a drink in Chicago/New Orleans for the next 100 years... Or Detroit for 121 years, BFLo for 124 years, Toronto/Montreal for 130 years... That should wipe out all the worry wort hippy environmentalists. ;-)

Man also aids in that natural filteration. If the pollutant ends up in that same watershed, we can help flush it away too... Hence my OP title. Treat it, Dilute it. Whooosh, just like flushing a toilet.

Lake Michigan wasn't a wise choice for a "natural filter" for the fuel dump. Could have been worse if they were over Lake Superior while onto the Motherland of South Korea. Superior naturally filters out in a whopping 191 years.

Naturally, Lake Michigan's residence time is 99 years. Would have been better to dump it over Lake Huron where the residence time is only 22 years. Then finds Lake Erie which is 3 years and Ontario which is 6 years. 31 years to the Atlantic with a Huron fuel dump, 9 with an Erie dump. Captain or air control system must have never studied geography and environmental impact. Dammit, they have a plane to fly and people to keep safe!

22+3+6=31 sure the hell beats 99. They were over TC (Traverse City) which is towards the north and near Lake Huron, I guess that helps? If they returned back to Detroit, why not dump it over Huron? It would be in the Atlantic in 31 years. 31 years vs. finding its way to the Atlantic or Gulf of Mexico in 99.

If the low concentration fuel vapor enters the water cycle in the southern end of the Lake Michigan watershed, I guess I got some flushing to do...

They did say the plane returned back to Detroit, I guess not enough time to do an environment impact study... LoL... I kid. Yet, they were circling over Lake Michigan for an hour before heading back over the Lower Pennisula to Detroit.

Why not burn fuel with the overland portion first, instead of dumping it... Then dump the rest over Detroit's big Lake... OR BETTER YET: Fly back to Detroit and dump it over Toledo and the small Lake (Erie). It would be past BFLo and over The Falls in 3 years.

LoL... Now, whatever low concentration of pollutant exists won't be filtered out and past BFLo or Chicago in a century.

I should have been Captain. We either would have polluted the western basin of Lake Erie, crashed over Boyst's fatherland of Toledo or died trying to get there while back over Michigan's Lower Pennisula.

I am just begging DCTom to come here and dispute my superior "environmental impact crash scenario logic!" ;-)

:-)

Ugh...sickening. Just let them crash. They'll all be dead soon, anyway. Relatively.

Ugh...sickening. Just let them crash. They'll all be dead soon, anyway. Relatively.

LoL... But where, they are still up in the air over our heads. Going to be a NIMBY somewhere.

Now... Unless, bring them back to the airport heavy and let them crash there to mitigate the environmental impact. :-/