worst sports city

Charlotte was pretty bad. Going to the Bobcats games were depressing. There'd be like 42 people there. When the Panthers were bad, you didn't even hear about them. People were just...indifferent. When Buffalo played down there the crowd was mostly Bills fans...and Buffalo was horrible that year as well. Terrible sports city.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The title should be city with worst sports teams not the worst sports city. We stink but the fans still support the teams. Still embarrassing that we are so bad that other cities have to talk about us so negatively. Maybe we should try to do better than .500 every year

Tampa Bay Rays couldn't even sell out playoff games. lol

Their last sellout was the game after the insane club massacre in Orlando. the reason was twofold. The Giants were in town for a rare series.,And the biggest reason was tickets were free for one game.

Florida sports teams have little home support. The reason is simple. Non native Floridians dwarfs the crackers here. Most people only go too a game if their ex hometown team is in town. The Lightening do buck the trend. But still regular season games are very easy to obtain. And more importantly a lot of bandwagon fans. College football rules in Florida.

Surprised the garbage dump known as Oakland doesn't make this goofy list. Moneyball does not sell tickets. The Raiders now have big interest. Because finally they are winning, and moving. I wish the Bills could have poached somene from their FO. I know who I would have given mucho bucks and,any title he wants. Thier amazing turnaround happened while the Bills are still mired in hope and............ The Raiders were worse than the Bills in the won/loss column just a few seasons ago.

The Warriors are in thier own rarified orbit.

...although minor league sports franchises, Roch-Cha-Cha ain't so hot....town never supports a loser.....if the AHL Amerks (Pegula owned) or IL baseball Red Wings stink, they don't draw flies......and tickets range between $5-$20 bucks........Buffalonians always show up through thick and thin, playoffs or not................

This should be worst sports teams, not cities. Buffalo is a great sports city! San Diego is not as bad as it's made out to be. The older generations really wanted the Chargers to stay. The younger generations are more concerned with politics and economics and for fun will surf, dirt bike, hike, and so on.

Interestingly, Buffalo is a terrible place to live while San Diego is absolutely incredible. I think this correlates to the dedication to the local sports teams.

This should be worst sports teams, not cities. Buffalo is a great sports city! San Diego is not as bad as it's made out to be. The older generations really wanted the Chargers to stay. The younger generations are more concerned with politics and economics and for fun will surf, dirt bike, hike, and so on.

Interestingly, Buffalo is a terrible place to live while San Diego is absolutely incredible. I think this correlates to the dedication to the local sports teams.

...it sure is.....took my family there in 2006 and stayed in LaJolla......it is incredibly expensive....in Roch-Cha-Cha, new construction homes run about $135-$175 per square foot depending on amenities (can go way higher for ultra luxury)....average style new construction home in SD was $800 per square foot....4 BR, 2 BA, 2000 sq. ft. new house was $1.6 mil.....80% of SD residents say if they were not grandfathered in, they could never live there today..........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy