QB comparative data for Tyrod from Cian Fahey to discuss

We all know why you disagree.

You are delusional about Taylor and what he is as a player...simple as that.

....new sheriff in town (Dennison) deserves a shot with his star pupil unless you're hell bent on forcing a "round peg into a square hole"...will it work?....don't have clue....but they're both here so we may as well see how it plays out.......stay tuned.............

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....new sheriff in town (Dennison) deserves a shot with his star pupil unless you're hell bent on forcing a "round peg into a square hole"...will it work?....don't have clue....but they're both here so we may as well see how it plays out.......stay tuned.............

I have no problems with him getting another season...this should settle things once and for all in what I consider to be a throw away year since it's year one of a new regime.

I have no problems with him getting another season...this should settle things once and for all in what I consider to be a throw away year since it's year one of a new regime.

And you'll be rooting against him every game.

We all know why you disagree.

You are delusional about Taylor and what he is as a player...simple as that.

Wow... what a stark contrast from Bang's post right above yours, which respectfully acknowledges disagreement.

You, instead, choose to continue being a tool.

So disappointing, though not unexpected.

on one hand crusher says he doesn't mind giving him another year and on the other he says we have halfback impersonating a qb...... I could be mistaken but I think its quite evident he's gonna be disgruntled if taylor shows up and plays nice ball. in fact it doesn't really matter how taylor plays this year, i'm pretty sure his and couple other posters minds are made up regardless of outcome.

..... and could somebody please name a halfback in the nfl that could step in and post a top 10 passer rating at any point in their career? do posters really understand how stupid they look when they spew crap like that onto a keyboard?

Edited by Stank_Nasty

on one hand crusher says he doesn't mind giving him another year and on the other he says we have halfback impersonating a qb...... I could be mistaken but I think its quite evident he's gonna be disgruntled if taylor shows up and plays nice ball. in fact it doesn't really matter how taylor plays this year, i'm pretty sure his and couple other posters minds are made up regardless of outcome.

..... and could somebody please name a halfback in the nfl that could step in and post a top 10 passer rating at any point in their career? do posters really understand how stupid they look when they spew crap like that onto a keyboard?

Glad you made it over here. Crusher has an infatuation of hate with the guy. It's hopeless discussing this topic with him.

Wow... what a stark contrast from Bang's post right above yours, which respectfully acknowledges disagreement.

You, instead, choose to continue being a tool.

So disappointing, though not unexpected.

You've shown your true colors here...don't pretend that you conduct yourself in a respectful manner.

All I did was call it how I see it. We are all entitled to our opinions and that's how I view you in regards to Taylor. You may be a fine poster outside of that, but I've seen enough from you to put forth my thoughts on the subject, just like you and others who want to label me...it's part of having an opinion and putting it out front.

You keep doing you're thing, and I'll do mine. I'm rooting for you because in cases like this, I'd love to be wrong. This team's success means much more than me being right on the internet.

I don't root against Bills players.

The silly things that go through that brain of yours

He can certainly change my mind. If he lights it up and wins games...how could I deny that? I couldn't.

There wasn't any great options out there, and the new coach wanted to keep continuity at the most important position...that's why I'm ok with a RB impersonating a QB getting another year. The team appears to be letting him hold down the fort while they work on replacing him, and it's unlikely the team makes any real noise this season anyway.

I can understand how some can get caught up in the exciting plays and physical tools...Dennison seems to be one of those guys. It's easy to just believe blindly and tell yourself he will figure it out, the new system will make him better...whatever makes you feel better about him, I do get it. I just have a more realistic view based on how long he's been in the league and what I've seen in terms of actual passing ability. I don't see much changing, and I think his flaws are fatal when passing determines whether we win or lose. If I'm wrong...it's a win for everybody, so look at it as something you can look forward to since I'm surely wrong.

I surely kid when I call Taylor a RB impersonating a QB. He was never a RB, but I really can't say he's acted like a true QB either, so he's really a hybrid if you want to really push me for an answer as to what I believe he is. As far as the top 10 passer rating, that's easily explained by a simplified offense that minimizes risks and accentuates safe and easy throws. Add in a dominant ground game and it's easy to see how you could look better than you really are. And also watch him when passing was required to win the games and see how flawed he is in those moments. Suddenly, he looks like one of the worst QB's...funny how when he can't be protected by the system and is forced to do more that he struggles the most, isn't It?

As I've said...I'll gladly sit back and watch for what you and others clearly believe is going to happen. It would only make my football watching experience better if it turns out the way you guys think it will. I do have my thoughts and feelings though, and I will continue to put them out there...regardless of what other's think of it.

Glad you made it over here. Crusher has an infatuation of hate with the guy. It's hopeless discussing this topic with him.

It's as simple as this: I don't believe in the guy's abilities as a passer. I think it's just too much of a weakness for him to ever take this team where I would like to see them.

You call this hate. I call it an opinion based off of what I've seen from him. It's posters like you that take such opinions personal and lash out and call it something else that make these back and forths uglier than they need be.

Stick to the subject and leave the other garbage out of it and maybe you'll have a chance at being a poster worth discussing with.

You've shown your true colors here...don't pretend that you conduct yourself in a respectful manner.

All I did was call it how I see it. We are all entitled to our opinions and that's how I view you in regards to Taylor. You may be a fine poster outside of that, but I've seen enough from you to put forth my thoughts on the subject, just like you and others who want to label me...it's part of having an opinion and putting it out front.

You keep doing you're thing, and I'll do mine. I'm rooting for you because in cases like this, I'd love to be wrong. This team's success means much more than me being right on the internet.

No offense Crusher but it is not just his brain....if you did a poll of poster's here I dont think you would like the answer on that

I can understand how some can get caught up in the exciting plays and physical tools...Dennison seems to be one of those guys. It's easy to just believe blindly and tell yourself he will figure it out, the new system will make him better...whatever makes you feel better about him, I do get it. I just have a more realistic view based on how long he's been in the league and what I've seen in terms of actual passing ability..

All right everyone... hold the phone... can we hire Crusher as our OC instead of this bum Dennison who apparently "believes blindly" in the "exciting plays and physical tools" Taylor brings to the offense?!

I mean c'mon man... let's get a real OC like Crusher, who has a more realistic view on Taylor rather than someone who's worked up close and personal with in the past... :flirt:

Edited by transplantbillsfan

We hear this with every young QB in town.

Invariably, the big "if he plays well, he'll be mad" never comes to pass.

Sometimes, deficient players are just deficient. Anyone still think there are "EJ Haters" still or just guys who knew he sucked before everyone else?

All right everyone... hold the phone... can we hire Crusher as our OC instead of this bum Dennison who apparently "believes blindly" in the "exciting plays and physical tools" Taylor brings to the offense?!

I mean c'mon man... let's get a real OC like Crusher, who has a more realistic view on Taylor rather than someone who's worked up close and personal with in the past... :flirt:

So coaches don't see great physical ability and believe that they can turn it into more? Do you really think this doesn't happen alot with coaches and players?

The fact is that Dennison has already worked with him and he still has major flaws and weaknesses in his game. It seems very unlikely to me that the new OC will transform this guy into something that we haven't already seen. I think people are hoping on hope that someone will get Taylor to take that next step, and Dennison made the best pitch that he was the guy to do it. It's fair to wonder just what he can do with the guy because he sure didn't get his previous team to see it...they just let this guy walk out the door, so apparently whatever he did with Tyrod in the past wasn't anything that caught anyone's attention.

Dennison is going to install a system that he thinks will play better to Taylor's strengths. He's not going to correct his fundamental flaws and his struggles reading the field and anticipating receivers. He's going to run more gimmicky stuff and get Taylor out of the pocket more. This doesn't sound like an offense that will be sustainable...it is likely to catch some team's off guard at first until they get a handle on it, and then they will adjust...force TT to stay in the pocket, and make throws he's not shown to be able to make. At least this is how I envision it.

We hear this with every young QB in town.

Invariably, the big "if he plays well, he'll be mad" never comes to pass.

Sometimes, deficient players are just deficient. Anyone still think there are "EJ Haters" still or just guys who knew he sucked before everyone else?

TT is better than any QB that has been here this century. He is not terrible. Once again, 47 TDs with just 15 turnovers and 1000 yards rushing is not terrible. The Bills are 15-14 when he starts-could be more wins if the defense had been as advertised-which is not terrible. This constant comparison of him to the Fitzs and EJs and Edwards needs to stop. Only Bledsoe, Orton and TT are worth mentioning in terms of decent QB play this century for the Bills. He is a mid tier starter in the NFL, which is not terrible. HOF, elite QBs are very difficult to find. Till then, if that ever happens, he is decent enough until better is found. And Crusher on the BBMB pushed for EJ for quite awhile, so his posting on TT is out of some type of weird resentment that he was embarrassed by his loyalty to EJ.

So coaches don't see great physical ability and believe that they can turn it into more? Do you really think this doesn't happen alot with coaches and players?

The fact is that Dennison has already worked with him and he still has major flaws and weaknesses in his game. It seems very unlikely to me that the new OC will transform this guy into something that we haven't already seen. I think people are hoping on hope that someone will get Taylor to take that next step, and Dennison made the best pitch that he was the guy to do it. It's fair to wonder just what he can do with the guy because he sure didn't get his previous team to see it...they just let this guy walk out the door, so apparently whatever he did with Tyrod in the past wasn't anything that caught anyone's attention.

Dennison is going to install a system that he thinks will play better to Taylor's strengths. He's not going to correct his fundamental flaws and his struggles reading the field and anticipating receivers. He's going to run more gimmicky stuff and get Taylor out of the pocket more. This doesn't sound like an offense that will be sustainable...it is likely to catch some team's off guard at first until they get a handle on it, and then they will adjust...force TT to stay in the pocket, and make throws he's not shown to be able to make. At least this is how I envision it.

This team would have made the playoffs in 2016 if the defense had been as advertised. Are you at OBD with Dennison everyday by the way you post? Just like you posted that you could throw the ball to Watkins like TT does.

He can certainly change my mind. If he lights it up and wins games...how could I deny that? I couldn't.

There wasn't any great options out there, and the new coach wanted to keep continuity at the most important position...that's why I'm ok with a RB impersonating a QB getting another year. The team appears to be letting him hold down the fort while they work on replacing him, and it's unlikely the team makes any real noise this season anyway.

I can understand how some can get caught up in the exciting plays and physical tools...Dennison seems to be one of those guys. It's easy to just believe blindly and tell yourself he will figure it out, the new system will make him better...whatever makes you feel better about him, I do get it. I just have a more realistic view based on how long he's been in the league and what I've seen in terms of actual passing ability. I don't see much changing, and I think his flaws are fatal when passing determines whether we win or lose. If I'm wrong...it's a win for everybody, so look at it as something you can look forward to since I'm surely wrong.

I surely kid when I call Taylor a RB impersonating a QB. He was never a RB, but I really can't say he's acted like a true QB either, so he's really a hybrid if you want to really push me for an answer as to what I believe he is. As far as the top 10 passer rating, that's easily explained by a simplified offense that minimizes risks and accentuates safe and easy throws. Add in a dominant ground game and it's easy to see how you could look better than you really are. And also watch him when passing was required to win the games and see how flawed he is in those moments. Suddenly, he looks like one of the worst QB's...funny how when he can't be protected by the system and is forced to do more that he struggles the most, isn't It?

As I've said...I'll gladly sit back and watch for what you and others clearly believe is going to happen. It would only make my football watching experience better if it turns out the way you guys think it will. I do have my thoughts and feelings though, and I will continue to put them out there...regardless of what other's think of it.

It's as simple as this: I don't believe in the guy's abilities as a passer. I think it's just too much of a weakness for him to ever take this team where I would like to see them.

You call this hate. I call it an opinion based off of what I've seen from him. It's posters like you that take such opinions personal and lash out and call it something else that make these back and forths uglier than they need be.

Stick to the subject and leave the other garbage out of it and maybe you'll have a chance at being a poster worth discussing with.

Hey man, everyone knows i'm a huge Taylor fan, but Tyrod has allot of work ahead of him and this is a good post.

I hope he proves you wrong Crusher.

My thing is its a new offensive system from the past......new brings unknown.

Tyrod might thrive in it.....or it might do him in.

Here's how I've always looked at it...good QB's can become great in the right system. Flawed players can become good players in the right system.

I think Tyrod falls into the former category, and I don't see huge strides being made in the areas of concern.

Here's how I've always looked at it...good QB's can become great in the right system. Flawed players can become good players in the right system.

I think Tyrod falls into the former category, and I don't see huge strides being made in the areas of concern.

Im not looking for Tyrod to magically become a franchise qb.......because he is not

but

If you match up a system qb with the right system? You wont really notice the difference because the offensive production will still be great.

This team was 10th in offense this last year with a passing game that was not great.......if passing production increases just a little bit (and defensive production increases a lot)

This team will win