QB comparative data for Tyrod from Cian Fahey to discuss

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/aaron-rodgers-criticism-colin-cowherd-fourth-quarter-comebacks-packers-tony-romo/vd1mdb2wu2bl1nwca6p3kuj4m

Try this stat instead. When the Packers have the lead entering the fourth quarter, Rodgers is 70-9 in the regular season and 6-2 in the playoffs. So 65.6 percent – or almost two-thirds of the time – Green Bay enters the final quarter with the lead.

You can’t have a fourth-quarter comeback if you are winning the game. That’s a detail that always gets ignored in these “Rodgers isn't clutch” narratives.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

transplantbillsfan, on 11 May 2017 - 5:26 PM, said:snapback.png

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/comebacks_career.htm

NFL Fourth Quarter Comebacks Career Leaders (since 1960)

Aaron Rodgers 10 2005-2016 View Comebacks

10 Fourth Quarter Comebacks,

17 Game-Winning Drives

Teams with Winning records - Houston 2016, Seattle 2015, Dallas 2016, Dallas 2014, Giants 2011

Someones credibility went down the toilet

First of all, it's Scott Kacsmar's and Footballoutsiders credibility. I provided the link.

Second, READ WHAT IT SAYS!!!

How many of those games won were games where the Packers were down by more than 1 in the 4th?

At the point the Packers played those teams did they have winning records?

This wasn't my study, it was a pretty highly respectable stats guy.

I think it's sad that we're on a message board and so many people have reading comprehension issues.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/aaron-rodgers-criticism-colin-cowherd-fourth-quarter-comebacks-packers-tony-romo/vd1mdb2wu2bl1nwca6p3kuj4m

Try this stat instead. When the Packers have the lead entering the fourth quarter, Rodgers is 70-9 in the regular season and 6-2 in the playoffs. So 65.6 percent or almost two-thirds of the time Green Bay enters the final quarter with the lead.

You cant have a fourth-quarter comeback if you are winning the game. Thats a detail that always gets ignored in these Rodgers isn't clutch narratives.

Whatever... not even bothering with you here since you don't read... Edited by transplantbillsfan

First of all, it's Scott Kacsmar's and Footballoutsiders credibility. I provided the link.

Second, READ WHAT IT SAYS!!!

I think it's sad that we're on a message board and so many people have reading comprehension issues.

Whatever... not even bothering with you here since you don't read...

Do I spend hours reading the same things over and over and over? No, I do not. I read and responded to the last quip I saw.

I think it is evident that we all know what you implied transplant when posted a reply to so I took the liberty to comment.

Even Shaw commented on your claim

When you say a winning team, you mean a team with a record over .500, he has ZERO comeback wins?

There is 1:35 left in the game and with Aaron Rodgers never did that.

It was not hard to assume the subject was obviously referencing TT's 2 game winning drives out of 7 (8 or 9) games where the Bills were tied or trailed by 7 points. It's been argued hundreds of time before.

Both Wins came against teams with losing records. By that measure we should count all the games for Rodgers.

Let the record show I provided a link to 5 comeback games by Aaron Rodgers. If the truth bothers you I am truly sorry.

17 Game-Winning Drives

versus

1 Fourth Quarter Comebacks,

1 Game-Winning Drives

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

transplantbillsfan, on 11 May 2017 - 5:26 PM, said:snapback.png

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/leaders/comebacks_career.htm

NFL Fourth Quarter Comebacks Career Leaders (since 1960)

Aaron Rodgers 10 2005-2016 View Comebacks

17 Game-Winning Drives

Teams with Winning records - Houston 2016, Seattle 2015, Dallas 2016, Dallas 2014, Giants 2011

Someones credibility went down the toilet

Wow... just wow.

First game I looked up was Texans in 2016. I see you're just fabricating stats to make a nonexistent point.

What'd you say about credibility? :flirt:

Wow... just wow.

First game I looked up was Texans in 2016. I see you're just fabricating stats to make a nonexistent point.

What'd you say about credibility? :flirt:

Houston Texans 2016 Record: 9-7-0

Am I dyslexic? I believe 9-7 is a winning record.

Let me apologize if profootball reference is wrong.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/htx/2016.htm

My intent is not to say Taylor sucks. I just don't buy into him as being an above average QB. He has yet to prove it to me and many others.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Houston Texans 2016 Record: 9-7-0

Am I dyslexic? I believe 9-7 is a winning record.

Let me apologize if profootball reference is wrong.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/htx/2016.htm

My intent is not to say Taylor sucks. I just don't buy into him as being an above average QB. He has yet to prove it to me and many others.

Did the Packers trail in the 4th quarter to the Texans?

Why is this so friggin difficult...?

Do I spend hours reading the same things over and over and over? No, I do not. I read and responded to the last quip I saw.

I think it is evident that we all know what you implied transplant when posted a reply to so I took the liberty to comment.

Even Shaw commented on your claim

It takes hours to click on a link to read a pretty simple premise... ?

I'm sorry, but if you're going to bother with what you've posted over the last few posts in terms of inflammatory posts questioning my credibility and spiking the football, so to speak, then...

YES!!!

​FIGURE OUT THE ARGUMENT!!!

Edited by transplantbillsfan

Transplant?

Why does it bother you so much that many, many fans think Tyrod is not the answer at QB? You can post other peoples article/stats for days, they mean squat when people have already formed a opinion of what Tyrod is. All you really need is your 2 friggin eyes to form one and to have watched the Bills the last 2 seasons. Just let Tyrod fight the fight and make us change our minds. You posting Pro-Tyrod threads non-stop on BBMB and here is not swaying anyone.

Edited by Real McCoy

Transplant?

Why does it bother you so much that many, many fans think Tyrod is not the answer at QB? You can post other peoples article/stats for days, they mean squat when people have already formed a opinion of what Tyrod is. All you really need is your 2 friggin eyes to form one and to have watched the Bills the last 2 seasons. Just let Tyrod fight the fight and make us change our minds. You posting Pro-Tyrod threads non-stop on BBMB and here is not swaying anyone.

How do you know what bothers me?

Here's a better question... I'm assuming it bothers you when posters like me who you've pre-labeled as an undying Tyrod homer argue with any logic, reasoning, or stats like those posted in the articles against your principle that Tyrod will ABSOLUTELY NOT be the answer:

Why do you bother posting responses to someone who will undoubtedly not change your mind and will instead just bother you with all these articles, logic, reasoning and stats you disagree with?

Edited by transplantbillsfan

Transplant?

Coming from a guy who thinks Whaley was a good GM.

Transplant?

Its been an interesting and insightful thread in my humble opinion.

I respect everyones opinion and it comes as no surprise to me the minority detractors are the most vocal in any Tyrod Taylor thread.

When you say many, based on what?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to abide by the generally frowned upon practice of starting any new QB threads, but I think people might be interested in this article posted a couple hours ago:

Taylor's % of dropbacks where he broke the pocket and his numbers in and out of the pocket

https://www.google.com/amp/www.buffalorumblings.com/platform/amp/2017/5/25/15689906/tyrod-taylor-buffalo-bills-in-pocket-passing-statistics

I'm trying to abide by the generally frowned upon practice of starting any new QB threads, but I think people might be interested in this article posted a couple hours ago:

Taylor's % of dropbacks where he broke the pocket and his numbers in and out of the pocket

https://www.google.com/amp/www.buffalorumblings.com/platform/amp/2017/5/25/15689906/tyrod-taylor-buffalo-bills-in-pocket-passing-statistics

Good thinking,

I believe Taylors ability to throw the football is getting somewhat misinterpreted because of the low passing attempts and comparisons to league totals in my humble opinion.

Good thinking,

I believe Taylors ability to throw the football is getting somewhat misinterpreted because of the low passing attempts and comparisons to league totals in my humble opinion.

What I think is interesting about those numbers in the article in particular is that there's something for both sides of the Taylor camp to agree on...

On one side, Taylor breaks the pocket too often; and although some of those were warranted, others weren't. He did this at the highest percentage in the league at about 1% more than Aaron Rodgers, the next highest guy.

On the other side, if Taylor can work on staying in the pocket a bit longer or a bit more, he's a pretty good pocket passer.

That's really what I've seen in Taylor, too. Hopefully Dennison is really working with him on this.

What I think is interesting about those numbers in the article in particular is that there's something for both sides of the Taylor camp to agree on...

On one side, Taylor breaks the pocket too often; and although some of those were warranted, others weren't. He did this at the highest percentage in the league at about 1% more than Aaron Rodgers, the next highest guy.

On the other side, if Taylor can work on staying in the pocket a bit longer or a bit more, he's a pretty good pocket passer.

That's really what I've seen in Taylor, too. Hopefully Dennison is really working with him on this.

Myself personally, despite the numbers which don't register missed opportunities, Taylor doesn't see the field very well as a traditional pocket passer in my humble opinion transplant.

At '6 1" Taylor is looking into a moving wall of big bodies when he stands in the pocket IMO.

Myself personally, despite the numbers which don't register missed opportunities, Taylor doesn't see the field very well as a traditional pocket passer in my humble opinion transplant.

At '6 1" Taylor is looking into a moving wall of big bodies when he stands in the pocket IMO.

Yes, height's a problem. Deeper drops might help. Maybe Dennison is going to make him move around within the pocket more rather than bootlegging outside the pocket.

And something that I thought was interesting... could mean little or could mean a lot. last week Taylor said this:

this offense allows us to spread the ball around

Did Roman and Lynn NOT let him spread it around?

Was there a subtle jab at the offenses he played in the last two years?