You tell me - Lattimore or White, 91st pick and 2018 1st?

Another factor that should be considered is that White's cap number is much lower than Lattimore's would have been at 10, and his 5th year option will be MUCH cheaper as well.

Edited by mannc

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have no idea whether Mahomes, Watson, or Trubisky had franchise potential on the Bills board. All we know is that Sean McDermott wanted to try win games next year with Tyrod. Coaches don't like drafting and developing QB's which is why I said before the draft putting the long term future in the hands of a short term horizon coach was a bad idea.

Tyrod's already here. Didn't preclude them from taking a QB at 10 if they thought enough of the prospect. You're are projecting your thoughts on McDermott with no evidence of any shortsightedness.

Tyrod's already here. Didn't preclude them from taking a QB at 10 if they thought enough of the prospect. You're are projecting your thoughts on McDermott with no evidence of any shortsightedness.

That's actually the heart of the matter! Who is they?! It was just Sean.

I have no idea where this idea came from, that you need to bottom out to properly rebuild and compete in the NFL. This isn't hockey. New England, Pittsburgh, Green Bay, Seattle, KC, Denver, Baltimore... none of these model franchises are good because they bottomed out for a lottery pick. They are good because of good coaching, sustained solid drafting, harmony and longevity in the FO, etc. The only team in the entire league I can think of that is actually a benefitting from a tanked year is Indy.

Another factor that should be considered is that White's cap number is much lower than Lattimore's would have been at 10, and his 5th year option will be MUCH cheaper as well.

Dropping down 17 spots, you can't be assured of what player will be there. They were probably ecstatic that White was still there.

what if they realize...like a lot of us do...that tyrod was not the reason we lost last year and our horrid defense was? that they felt adding talent on defense and keeping the number 7 offense in the league in tact was the best route. that getting extra firsts is a great way to add talent. also, opening up a lot of cap room in the future as well. you continue to focus so hard on tyrod without acknowledging how bad our defense was last year and cost us so many wins.

If McDermott's plan is to build around Tyrod Taylor I hope he is shown the door ASAP.

ignorance is great isn't it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dropping down 17 spots, you can't be assured of what player will be there. They were probably ecstatic that White was still there.

True, but they had to be confident there would be someone at 27 that they liked. They probably thought either White or Humphrey would be available there.

I wonder if the Bills still make the trade if Corey Davis had been available at 10.

Edited by mannc

Who else was making decisions?

The decision was made based on what information the scouting department provided. If McD did it on his own they all could have been let go prior to the draft without concern about information going to other teams. The pick was made on what was best for the team at the time of the pick with the information they had.

The decision was made based on what information the scouting department provided. If McD did it on his own they all could have been let go prior to the draft without concern about information going to other teams. The pick was made on what was best for the team at the time of the pick with the information they had.

So you have a guy with no front office experience making picks off a board from scouts he deems worthy of losing their jobs. That doesn't inspire confidence.

Explain please. I'm not sure where you are going with this.

Bills should have had their GM in place before the draft. The Colts hired Chris Ballard, a top name, from the Chiefs in January and had him run their show. Having the defensive coordinator from the Panthers pick players while Whaley, dead man walking. assisted is the sign of a team's total incompetence.

Edited by jeffismagic

Bills should have had their GM in place before the draft. The Colts hired Chris Ballard, a top name, from the Chiefs in January and had him run their show. Having the defensive coordinator from the Panthers pick players while Whaley, dead man walking. assisted is the sign of a team's total incompetence.

No. It was better to have Whaley and the scouts on hand since McDermott was coaching all season long with no in-depth intelligence of the prospects in the draft class. No way he would have been able to set up a draft board on his own. You are simply wrong.

No. It was better to have Whaley and the scouts on hand since McDermott was coaching all season long with no in-depth intelligence of the prospects in the draft class. No way he would have been able to set up a draft board on his own. You are simply wrong.

You are mixing and matching. The Bills board was already close to set up by January 2017. Bills should have brought in a real GM to run the draft.