Salary Cap Update 3/2

Hey clump are you willing to voice an opinion as to whether or not the Bills can and will clear more space?

The Clements Pro Bowl was a real blow wasn't it?

Any word of a rework of Mike Wiilliams contract ?

(I am probably taking you to a palce you'd rather not go right?? :D )

Thanks for all your efforts.

RichNJoisy

(stop by the CNJBBB for a special order of Hot Wings for the Home Opener -- Hammer's Lot ,, date TBD)

Redo Mike Williams' contracts, cut Prioleau and you suddenly have 10-11 Mil again, if need be.

258426[/snapback]

Supposedly TD has been trying to get Big Mike to rework it and hasn't done anything so far. :D

Hey clump are you willing to voice an opinion as to whether or not the Bills can and will clear more space?

Any word of a rework of Mike Wiilliams contract ?

(I am probably taking you to a palce you'd rather not go right??  :D )

Thanks for all your efforts.

RichNJoisy

(stop by the CNJBBB for a special order of Hot Wings for the Home Opener -- Hammer's Lot ,, date TBD)

258421[/snapback]

In my sig, there is a link to my cap analysis article......many of my thoughts are there :(

It's a rather long article :D

Redo Mike Williams' contracts, cut Prioleau and you suddenly have 10-11 Mil again, if need be.

258426[/snapback]

Given a choice, I would rather they cut Josh Reed than PP.

Preston is very good on STs, and I dont know how many more drops I can stomach from Reed.

Given a choice, I would rather they cut Josh Reed than PP.

Preston is very good on STs, and I dont know how many more drops I can stomach from Reed.

258438[/snapback]

I hear ya Bill but I'd hate to give up on this guy yet.

He WAS great in college.

He WAS great his first year.

But he stunk year 2 and last year was a non-entity (although he was injured to be fair)

My reasoning is that Reed is still very cheap and has the potential (perhaps) in the right circumstances to be a very good posession receiver. If I were the OC and/or HC, I would let hi know he's on the bubble and then see how he and JP work together. Will JP look to him as someone he can count on over the middle on third and 6-10?

I hear how slow he is but then how did he catch so many passes in college and his rookie season?

he's also a very good blocker.

-rnj

Supposedly TD has been trying to get Big Mike to rework it and hasn't done anything so far.  :D

258429[/snapback]

why should he? he vastly improved last year, and if he continues to improve, he could get a MAJOR contract when he becomes a FA.

258421[/snapback]

has it been confirmed the bump was triggered by the pro bowl??

how do we know it wasn't just a playing time boost? mike williams received a bump and his was based on playing time.........likewise with kenyatte walker.........

Thats amazingly pathetic for a cap number. That definitely wont be enough to sign a LT and a LG, so I have no idea how TD is going to upgrade this offseason. If we can get Mike Williams to lower that contract and cut Pierson we'd be in great shape...sad to say it, but I dont think the Bills are going to do much of anything this offseason.

Come on Big Mike...5 million for 2005 is still waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than you are worth.

Thats amazingly pathetic for a cap number.  That definitely wont be enough to sign a LT and a LG, so I have no idea how TD is going to upgrade this offseason.  If we can get Mike Williams to lower that contract and cut Pierson we'd be in great shape...sad to say it, but I dont think the Bills are going to do much of anything this offseason.

Come on Big Mike...5 million for 2005 is still waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than you are worth.

258570[/snapback]

TD never re-works or cuts people until he absolutely has to(i.e. waiting to cut Eddie Robinson). TD is working the phones and lining up FA visits, when we sign a guy, TD will put the full court press on a MW restructure.