Christian McCaffrey - Darkhorse pick

He's an excellent prospect. The only real knock on him is that he's not very powerful, but that has never been his game. His ability to sidestep/juke guys is pretty ridiculous. But come on, he is not the missing piece in Buffalo. Not even close.

It would be pretty cool if he ended up in Denver. There is mutual interest, but they would likely need to trade up to get him.

Ed McCaffrey just announced that he's leaving his radio gig in Denver - I think he had a show and also did color commentary for the games. He wants to follow his sons around to see as many games as possible - he has one in HS, college and maybe 2 now in pros. Not sure if Max is still hanging onto a roster anywhere. Anyway, I thought that was pretty cool. Edited by YoloinOhio

Adrian Peterson

True, but they stil never played in a Super Bowl with the guy. In a QB driven league I just don't see a lot of value in that position. I would never take a RB sooner than the late first or second round. A great back isn't going to carry a team to a championship. A great QB will, and they often do so with second round or later guys in the backfield.

True, but they stil never played in a Super Bowl with the guy. In a QB driven league I just don't see a lot of value in that position. I would never take a RB sooner than the late first or second round. A great back isn't going to carry a team to a championship. A great QB will, and they often do so with second round or later guys in the backfield.

Elway was a great QB and the Broncos weren't getting it done. Terrell Davis was the difference maker. I get it that he was a sixth round pick (so was Tom Brady) but that surely didn't reflect his value. In a traditional NFL offence a HoF back is definitely worthy of a top 10 pick and if the Vikes never made it to the promised land it certainly wasn't because they blew their # 7 pick in 2007. And thats why many project LF to Jack at # 4.

Elway was a great QB and the Broncos weren't getting it done. Terrell Davis was the difference maker. I get it that he was a sixth round pick (so was Tom Brady) but that surely didn't reflect his value. In a traditional NFL offence a HoF back is definitely worthy of a top 10 pick and if the Vikes never made it to the promised land it certainly wasn't because they blew their # 7 pick in 2007. And thats why many project LF to Jack at # 4.

I'd never say that the Vikes blew a pick in AP. I would say that a star running back can be an important part of a team's success. However, that team needs to have other things in place first. Drafting an elite running back isn't going to turn a franchise around without everything else already in place. Barry Sanders was certainly not a wasted pick, even he couldn't carry his team to much success. PS Terrell Davis was a sixth round pick so I think that was a great. You can find great running in late rounds. Having a stellar (dirty?) offensive line as Davis did helps a great deal too. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

...yet Train Wrecks advertised TO THE WORLD that Bflo would be a "run first" team.....first what legitimate HC would telegraph his intentions?....secondly, why would you do it with a suspect passing game and a QB who cannot find open receivers even with GPS units on their azzes?....thirdly, why would you do it with ONE stallion in the stable ala McCoy (with NO disrespect to MG)?.......the Shaun Alexander mega deal as well as the burnout of overworked Larry Johnson and Dirty Bird Anderson changed the landscape of RB picks IMO....of course there will be exceptions....AD and Zeke........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

I'd never say that the Vikes blew a pick in AP. I would say that a star running back can be an important part of a team's success. However, that team needs to have other things in place first. Drafting an elite running back isn't going to turn a franchise around without everything else already in place. Barry Sanders was certainly not a wasted pick, even he couldn't carry his team to much success. PS Terrell Davis was a sixth round pick so I think that was a great. You can find great running in late rounds. Having a stellar (dirty?) offensive line as Davis did helps a great deal too.

Jacksonville is a team with many holes to fill. Bortles has hardly shown himself to be franchise material. So if the Jags pick LF at 4 are they making a stupid mistake? Should they be thinking QB instead? Obviously its a team sport so no single elite player, not even a QB, is going to singlehandedly turn a franchise around if too many of the other cogs are substandard or the coaching is lacking. Do you think Brady would have fared as well on the Bills? Sure you can find very good running backs later in a draft but there is a big difference between a very good running back and a bona fide franchise back who can carry a team a long way as far as his contribution is concerned. I look forward to seeing Fournette destroy those lightweight DBs in the AFC South.

Jacksonville is a team with many holes to fill. Bortles has hardly shown himself to be franchise material. So if the Jags pick LF at 4 are they making a stupid mistake? Should they be thinking QB instead? Obviously its a team sport so no single elite player, not even a QB, is going to singlehandedly turn a franchise around if too many of the other cogs are substandard or the coaching is lacking. Do you think Brady would have fared as well on the Bills? Sure you can find very good running backs later in a draft but there is a big difference between a very good running back and a bona fide franchise back who can carry a team a long way as far as his contribution is concerned. I look forward to seeing Fournette destroy those lightweight DBs in the AFC South.

...that would be a Coughlin influence................