Whaley = Donahoe

Whaley seems to be just like another GM that came from Pittsburgh, Tom Donahoe. “Buffalo’s draft classes have produced inconsistent results, but Whaley has shown the ability to find talent in free agency. Daugherty mentioned Taylor in his blurb on Whaley and two of his most inexpensive additions last year, Lorenzo Alexander and Zach Brown, both had career-years with Buffalo.” http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/04/buffalo_bills_doug_whaley_listed_as_worst_gm_in_league_by_rotoworld.html

Donahoe had terrible drafts, but had some good pickups in FA. So far, both Whaley and Donahoe have around the same results, both of which have produced only one winning season each 9-7, followed by numerous losing seasons. I think the Bills should stop trying to poach the Steelers organization for people to run theirs.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whaley seems to be just like another GM that came from Pittsburgh, Tom Donahoe. “Buffalo’s draft classes have produced inconsistent results, but Whaley has shown the ability to find talent in free agency. Daugherty mentioned Taylor in his blurb on Whaley and two of his most inexpensive additions last year, Lorenzo Alexander and Zach Brown, both had career-years with Buffalo.” http://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/index.ssf/2017/04/buffalo_bills_doug_whaley_listed_as_worst_gm_in_league_by_rotoworld.html

Donahoe had terrible drafts, but had some good pickups in FA. So far, both Whaley and Donahoe have around the same results, both of which have produced only one winning season each 9-7, followed by numerous losing seasons. I think the Bills should stop trying to poach the Steelers organization for people to run theirs.

Where would you like them to start poaching people from? A dive bar in Cheektowaga?

he is worse than donahoe... atleast donahoe knew the importance of the qb position

TD: 31-49 (39 winning %), finished 8-8 or better twice in 5 years

Whaley: 30-34 (47 winning %), finished 8-8 or better twice in 4 years.

Great, informative post though.

Whaley's tenure has been constricted by a stupid football coach that by all accounts, he did not hire.

Let's see what he does with a new coach.

I believe that he is a much better GM than the ole Losman grabber.

If he can find the right QB, watch out!

Another worthless unprovable post. We hired him from the Steelers, where he was an hot candidate

He wasn't a GM when Nix hired him. Nix hiring him should have flashed red lights to begin with. He's not GM material.

Sure dude. I'm sure you're awesome in Madden. Keep sending your resume to NFL teams.

Think of that one yourself?

Actually I'm a Contract Manager and deal in negotiations. I know I would need the scouting experience. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what makes an NFL team successful. A good QB, a good O-line to give him time in the pocket. At least two quality WR's.

Then send your resume to the Pegulas and do whatever it takes to get a meeting with them to show that you, and ONLY you, can bring a Lombardi Trophy to this team. Do you need someone to hold your hand while you do it?

You want to hold my hand? I'm not looking for a date pal.