WWBBD?

Thanks. You posed a great question. BB seems like a guy that would willingly take a regular season loss (or even two) to help get himself a playoff win. I was thinking about Bountygate in NO or how the Ravens played for years. It really wouldn't be a much different situation than those: Dial up defenses to hit Brady, tell your players to do it every chance they got and not to worry about flags. If it's close, hit him.

Sounds like BB must have pioneered the idea of losing games to help your tie breaker...he truly is not just ahead of his time, but this board as well :)

Get what you're saying, problem is, it sounds like a coordinated effort to injure players/remove the head of the snake, or whatever crazy thing douggg was saying. Forget that being incredibly against the rules, that would require him putting his players in a position to be fined heavily and possibly suspended, which is a fine as well. Players won't go for that since the new rules on fines, and say what you will about the guy, but BB does seem to care about his players, Parcells on the other hand...

the audacity to claim belichick wasn't a cheater and hasn't cheated is outrageous. he has degraded footballs integrity when not cheating with the grey area of the rules he has so often skirted by lining up offensive lineman in grey areas that ruin the spirit of the game and were therefore outlawed. he made a killing off of sending his wr's on pick routes, also grey area and subsequently outlawed.

the only person who can stomach all of what belichick has done to ruin the game are patriot fans and the ignorant. some times they're one in the same. belichick has done nothing to advance the game in the ways that other defensive genius' have such as wade philips, buddy ryan, dick lebeau, etc; all of whom have improved the game with technique, implementation etc. it says something that no one else is replicating what belichick is doing. that is either because they can't or they can't. The former meaning they're not as good and the latter meaning that there is nothing they can replicate with the way he has constantly done more to get more fhan anyone else through cheating, rule bending and all things possible to exploit the NFL, and whilst i believe both to be some parts truth i also realize that ERnie Adams is a yuge reason for the patriots success.

the bottom line is that bilichick cheats and as part of that system he is now suspect to anything successful he does and it is plausible to believe he is cheating again. i have confidence that dureing the 2016 season he cheated. i have no doubt.

BB has never broken rules. BB knows the rules better than anyone on earth and takes advantage of that knowledge. The Patriots didn't build a dynasty on cheating. They built a dynasty built on being better and smarter than the other 31 teams.

That's so true. I don't call him the mad scientist for nothing. He exploits every team and knows the weakness of every team and every player on that team. Sure it helps to have a Hall of Fame quarterback like Brady, but let's not forget Bill Belichick might be the best head coach in NFL history.

Edited by LABILLBACKER