We'll Get to See Jennings Twice a Year

JDG

Newsday Article

The offense is in flux, but could get a quick reprieve with strong indications that left tackle Jonas Jennings is close to signing with the Jets.

258000[/snapback]

not to be a smart ass JDG...but we will probably see him once a year---he will be injured the other time..... :D

It's a good thing Jonas is listed at 325 lbs, in the light-in-the-loafers milieu.

Just one of the fruity quotes I've read, he's "going to let [his] star shine somewhere else"?

Did he steal that from "Rent" or maybe "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat"? Not that there's anything wrong w/ that....

Newsday Article

The offense is in flux, but could get a quick reprieve with strong indications that left tackle Jonas Jennings is close to signing with the Jets.

258000[/snapback]

Hopefully, for the Bills, his injury bug will continue and we will see him twice in the next 4 years.

Really he doesnt scare me that bad, he is a second tier T. Besides, the Jets are g onna loose their RT in FA so they are just swapping strength on the line. SChobel moves to the left side of the line, problem solved.

If they are close.......then they were tampering and TD needs to file a complaint.

258035[/snapback]

Why, his agent wasnt up early this morning talking to the Jets? FA started at 12:01 am this morning.

Waah. If TD seriously wanted to keep JJ, he would have made an offer. ANY offer.

'But he didn't so that says something.

258201[/snapback]

'xactly.

When you pick out the last gumball that costs 25 cents, and some other kid comes up and buys it, and then you discover you've only got 15 cents in your pocket and the gumballs aren't that good anyway, why piss and moan?

Hopefully, for the Bills, his injury bug will continue and we will see him twice in the next 4 years.

Really he doesnt scare me that bad, he is a second tier T. Besides, the Jets are g onna loose their RT in FA so they are just swapping strength on the line. SChobel moves to the left side of the line, problem solved.

258211[/snapback]

So which is it. I thought you said before that Jonas was the best LT available and we couldn't lose him. Now that it appears that he is gone, he sucked and is injury prone.

Damn please make up your mind. :D

So which is it.  I thought you said before that Jonas was the best LT available and we couldn't lose him.  Now that it appears that he is gone, he sucked and is injury prone. 

Damn please make up your mind.  :D

258215[/snapback]

I didnt say he sucked, I did want him back because he was the best available LT. But the Jets are gonna lose McKenzie, maybe to us :( , and then they are weak at the other end of the o-line. My point is that it wont hurt us that bad.

When a good player for us becomes a good player for the Jets I believe it is mandated to route against him.

If they are close.......then they were tampering and TD needs to file a complaint.

258035[/snapback]

What, so we were tampering with the Texans when we signed Jeff Posey at 00:00:01?

CW

258035[/snapback]

and how do you prove tampering?? it's next to impossible.......everyone talks in the weeks leading up to free agency.......and there is no way to stop it........

even when lawyer admitted to talking to the redskins before his release nothing came of it........

You know, it will be hard for the Bills to be as good at LT this season if we lose Jennings. The same applies (although a little less) with PW.

That said, I dont care. 3 years from know, what do you think their combined cap hits will be? Between 15 and 20 million dollars? This would certainly hinder the Bills.

I am glad TD has the self control and confidence not to be shaken down by good but FAR from great players. Remember, we are not talking about losing Orlando Pace and Mean Joe Green.

In time, we will replace these two should they depart.....maybe sooner than we think.

258035[/snapback]

Disagree. These agents and GM's are pros who have played this game of seduction for years. It's very possible for them to hammer out a deal in a few hours. No agent or GM worth his salt was asleep at midnight.