2017 NHL Playoffs.....Anybody care?

Mark Vader

Nice series. Great run for the pens, missing many of their key players for large stretches, including my favorite player, Kris Letang. Can't wait for the victory parade!

Predators seem to have a solid nucleus; wouldn't surprise me if they make it pretty deep again next year.

As Darin mentioned, they had some big help from the officials in this series..but I will be first to admit thought they had no chance when Letang went out, so Congrats.

• Replies 544
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what constitutes goalie interference any more?

I've given up on reviewing replays because they just do whatever they want no matter what is plainly obvious even to fans who don't care about the result.

I watch the game, see it's going to replay, fast forward until they are ready to drop the puck. No time or emotion to waste on another horrible replay decision in any sport...

As Darin mentioned, they had some big help from the officials in this series..but I will be first to admit thought they had no chance when Letang went out, so Congrats.

The whole "help from the officials" is tough to guage because everything is viewed through a biased lens. If you are rooting for Team A, then every official error against Team A is magnified. If you are rooting for Team B, then those same errors are minimized. Pens fans can point to a ton of missed calls during this same series (and others in the playoffs), including last night, when guys were getting dragged to the ice and yet the Pens didn't get a single PP. I am not saying errors were not made, including on the quick whistle no-goal; it's just that no one can be truly objective in analyzing the effect of the officials.

(I say this as Bills fan who complains about the officiating after every game!).

JR, i agree a bit on the biased thing...but two huge goals overturned/not allowed in two of the 4 Penguin victories..

BTW, been seeing this on twitter a bit today ( around 38 seconds)

https://twitter.com/Mattman1398/status/874079268350906369

Yep, against the Sabres, a goal can count after the whistle...against the Pens??? No Goal!

BTW, this was the game Sammy gets nailed by a cross check in the OT that was not called.

Edited by plenzmd1

Sabres-Dallas game 6 1999

This series is also remembered because of the controversial finish to game six, in which Stars forward Brett Hull scored the Cup-winning goal with his skate in the crease, which was against the rules at the time.
NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Tennessee Titans owner Bud Adams apologized Monday for making an obscene hand gesture while celebrating his team's 41-17 win over Buffalo.
Home of the Ryan bros
so I don't feel sorry for Nashville