Madden discussion

Can you also play out your season?

yes

They already did it. I can't believe how trashy the players in those things are. I was watching a final game and the guys were running the same play on offense over and over and over again and they were running the same defense over and over and over again too. Each side running the same exact plays against each other over and over and over again. Shotgun run play up the middle and the quarter cover 2 zone that blitzes both inside CBs. Just goes to show you how trash the game really is when that tactic can get you in the finals of a tournament that paid out 10s of thousands dollars.

against the computer the game will adapt to you if you call the same plays over and over. Against a person it's up to them to call plays to stop you and it's harder. I might run 6 plays total between offense and defense and have a close game vs the computer but blow out people. I run what I know like the back of my hand so if there's problems I know where everyone is and can hit a button with out thinking.

The CPU adjusts very well defensively. Guys online just spam 3 plays over and over....unless you know how to adjust, you're screwed.

This time of year is fun to play because you get a glimpse of what to expect in the upcoming season. I just wish I could replace Rex on the sideline. Anyone know how?

Edited by r00tabaga

They already did it. I can't believe how trashy the players in those things are. I was watching a final game and the guys were running the same play on offense over and over and over again and they were running the same defense over and over and over again too. Each side running the same exact plays against each other over and over and over again. Shotgun run play up the middle and the quarter cover 2 zone that blitzes both inside CBs. Just goes to show you how trash the game really is when that tactic can get you in the finals of a tournament that paid out 10s of thousands dollars.

Still, though, Mark, I would have liked to have seen that. I wish the Bills made a bigger deal out of it.

Just wanted to pop in and say that I always represent the Bills in online Madden games.

I am 108-78 using only the Bills and trying to play as fairly and realistically as possible (lots of exploit abusing, cheap little funkers online).

The thing is, in Madden, speed has always mattered most. So with Watkins, Goodwin, Listenbee, Clay, Logan Thomas, and McCoy, not to mention the advantage of a mobile QB, the Bills offense in Madden is pretty hard to stop.

People always pick the Cowboys or Patriots or Seahawks and have a good laugh when they see I've picked the Bills. Then I smoke 'em.

Good to hear, Logic. I'll sometimes check in on twitch to see if someone's playing with the Bills and it is usually few and far between.

As far as the sped thing, that is what made Parrish such a valuable assist in that third receiver spot on mediocre Bills teams in Madden. He was very fast. I fortunately in an online league I lost him in the second game of the season.

anyone play madden mobile? it's one of the best ports I've played. I kind of quit console madden I got so consumed by the mobile version.

to rootabaga's point though it is interesting to see the different dynamics. I had never thought to try ahead of time but I always jumped on right after the draft.

Howard is interesting as the 2 te sets would offer versatility but his lack of college production makes me nervous.

i'm kdiggz on madden mobile. are you in a league? my league used to be good last year and now we suck. was looking for a new league that's a little more competitive. i think we are ranked like 800 something. last year we were top 20 at one point