What about the best Colonels of all time?

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do Americans have a tendency to lump the German Army, Air Force, Waffen SS and Gestapo into the same category?

Schultz and Klink were nothing close to being Nazis.

We get it. It's called acting. Col. Austin couldn't really run 60 mph either.

Do Americans have a tendency to lump the German Army, Air Force, Waffen SS and Gestapo into the same category?

Schultz and Klink were nothing close to being Nazis.

It depends on whether said Americans get their entire history from Hollywood, or, from our leftist education system, or, from doing their own reading.

Your question, about lumping German "units"...is invalidated by lumping "Americans". I assure you that there are plenty of Americans that know the difference between these "units". I can also assure you that the ones that do don't discuss it much. We'd rather laugh at the idiots who don't know the difference, and never correct them. It's funny to us. It's not limited to German units.

Watch this:

She's actually thinking: coyote the animal. This, essentially, is why Donald Trump is president. And, why we are giggling about it. Every time somebody says "we should be more like Europe"? It's usually somebody like this girl. You might want to consider asking her to stop representing you.

For a very long time, I have been developing the "A-hole American Theory", which is the causal inverse of the "Ugly American" theory. We generally send our worst people overseas, unless there's a war. This is because: given a choice, Americans don't want to leave, and don't want to stay wherever they get sent. So, the best Americans stay here, and you never see them. However, our terrible people, by definition? We don't want them around here. If there's a new job in Berlin? We send, or conspire to send, the biggest a-hole in the office. Now he's your problem. :lol: Sorry, but, a-hole is a-hole, world-wide.

Edited by OCinBuffalo