Bills Need to Start Trading Down When Possible

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

again, if they find a quality coach then you can have continuity which I agree will help the roster, but outside of Marrone who left on his own, who have the bills had the last 15 years that was worth holding onto longer and we're let go of earlier then they should have? Sure, holding onto Rex longer could have led to great things, and I could also win the lotto jackpot this week. But you could also say the sMe thing for QBs, maybe they let go of Losman or EJ, or Holbert to soon also? Or maybe they just need to get the pick right ND find one worth keeping. It's not easy, but knowing when to cut bait and move on is a good thing, rather then continuing to hold on longer hoping for things to get better.

It's not like any of the Bills cast off HC or Qbs have gone off and proved the bills wrong for letting them go.

Qbs no, coaches maybe. Mularkey is doing well, maybe marrone or lynn. I don't know if many of them really had a chance. I think we're starting to see good coaches not even putting their hat in the ring for some jobs because of the expectations. Look at how many coaching candidates Cleveland went through before they settled on Pettine.

My point with keeping Rex, that does not stop us from acquiring talent. But moving on is detrimental to how we use our draft resources. I would rather tank with a bad coach and make good use of the draft than spending draft picks treading water because we haven't hit the qb lottery.

Qbs no, coaches maybe. Mularkey is doing well, maybe marrone or lynn. I don't know if many of them really had a chance. I think we're starting to see good coaches not even putting their hat in the ring for some jobs because of the expectations. Look at how many coaching candidates Cleveland went through before they settled on Pettine.

My point with keeping Rex, that does not stop us from acquiring talent. But moving on is detrimental to how we use our draft resources. I would rather tank with a bad coach and make good use of the draft than spending draft picks treading water because we haven't hit the qb lottery.

But your drafting for rex and HIS defence, which was the problem, so many resources were wasted to bring in Rexs guys that may or may not be suited for the new defence. Would the team really be better off using more resources to continue trying to build a defence that hasn't worked in years or cut ties and start fresh?

Mularky took how long to get to this point where he wasn't even a lock to keep the job? Marrone got the job for the 2nd/3rd worst team in the league, and we have no idea what will happen with Lynn, but so far, its not like we have let go of the next BB, heck I wouldn't even say we let go of the next Tomlin, or Lewis, or Reid, or other mid level coach with flaws but has a winning team......

Yep that's it. Saying trading a 4th for Bryce Brown and trading two 4ths to move up 8 spots in the 2nd to get Ragland equates to the Bills not being able to draft star players and only getting table scraps. You are clouding the conversation with your idiotic hyperbole.

Hawt take!

But your drafting for rex and HIS defence, which was the problem, so many resources were wasted to bring in Rexs guys that may or may not be suited for the new defence. Would the team really be better off using more resources to continue trying to build a defence that hasn't worked in years or cut ties and start fresh?

Mularky took how long to get to this point where he wasn't even a lock to keep the job? Marrone got the job for the 2nd/3rd worst team in the league, and we have no idea what will happen with Lynn, but so far, its not like we have let go of the next BB, heck I wouldn't even say we let go of the next Tomlin, or Lewis, or Reid, or other mid level coach with flaws but has a winning team......

Yes, i would rather bring in talented guys instead of letting them go and if the coaching sucks we would have more talent via higher draft picks to bring to another coach. So instead here we are again in between defenses hoping or projecting how guys can play in the new defense. And in two to three years we'll be in the same boat paddling up the same creek.

Coaches and qbs don't happen by accident. Cleveland had BB and let him go. Chances are we would have too. How can anyone succeed in this environment? Cardale jones takes a step back this year because he has to learn another offense or worse yet he isn't the right type of qb to develop for this offense. That's ok, we'll just draft another qb or two this year and really give McDermott someone to work miracles with.

Edited by 4BillsintheBurgh