Who to draft after the combine

I would not be upset if we traded down. We need more than 6 picks.

Fair enough, I wouldn't be opposed to trading back for more picks either, but I feel with a draft like this, we could pick up what we need in free agency to make a reasonable push. I'd grab Ricky Wagner at RT, and Alteraun Verner at CB and I'd trust Whaley to find a gem or two off the heap at other areas of need.

After watching the combine there are a few players that caught my attention.

Players that are not going to be first round picks.

LB Ben Gedeon Michigan

DB Desmond King Iowa

DB Damontae Kazee San Diego State

LB Vince Biegel Wisconsin

OL Dion Dawkins Temple

TE Michael Roberts Toledo

DB Fabian Moreau UCLA

1st ... Deshaun Watson - QB - Clemson

2nd ... Zay Jones - WR - East Carolina

3rd ... Josh Harvey-Clemons - SS - Louisville

5th ... CB

5th ... RT

6th ... BPA at position of need

I think Zay is the perfect compliment to Sammy and honestly would be a good fit with TT should we keep him. I hope this guy is a target. I live in Pirate country and have watched him closely the past 2 seasons, he just gets open.

If Watson is there at 10, have to take him. If not, guys like Peppers, A.Jackson or S.Thomas would be a needed defensive playmaker there.

Zay Jones in rd 2 would be great. He might not be there. If not, maybe DeMarcus Walker (DE-FSU) or guys like M.Adams (DT-Aub) and C.Godwin (WR-PSU).

If they don't get a defensive playmaker in the 1st rd then the 3rd Rd would probably a good spot to get a value player here. Guys like D.King (Iowa), Awuzie (Colorado), R.Douglas (WVU), C.Harris (Mizz), T.Basham (Ohio) or A.Walker (Northwestern) could work.

In the later rounds there could still be some good secondary players available like X.Woods (S-La Tech), T.Thompson(S-Colorado), J.Cutrer (CB-MTSU), M.White (CB-FSU), J.Johnson (S-Clem) and a couple of LBs like J.Evans (Oklahoma) or B.Ellis (Arkansas). Maybe special teamers with upsides like C.Henderson (WR-La Tech) or K. Whitfield (WR-FSU).

If either of the top two S in Adams or Hooker are available we should take one and then pick up a WR like Zay Jones in the 2nd, followed by the best CB available in the 3rd. If both top safeties are gone by 10 then we should try and grab a top WR, I'd prefer Davis, then grab S Obi Melifonwu in the 2nd, with best CB available in the 3rd again.