Wanna Tank? Make it interesting..

I'd be willing to guess that 95%+ of the people on this board who say "tank for Darnold" have not watched more than 2 of his games. Just sheep following the herd.

As was mentioned earlier, pretty much every year next year's QB class will be better...until they are not. While Darnold is good, he is no Luck, Manning, Elway type can't miss prospect (and Manning may not have been either). It's useless to intentionally tank in football unless you have that level of QB prospect. There is just too much uncertainty in wins/losses as well as in the draft.

As for the OP, there is no chance any of those guys is going to achieve the main goal, winning the Super Bowl. So no, it's not worth it to kick those tires IMO.

YAY! I'm a 5 percenter! I've watched almost all of his games. And you are wrong in saying that Darnold is not an Elway, Luck, Manning type QB. He most certainly is. I am not a USC fan btw, I just like watching good football. And Darnold is the best QB I have seen in quite some time. You must not have watched him play more than 2 games to downplay his ability. This kid is the next peyton manning.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

YAY! I'm a 5 percenter! I've watched almost all of his games. And you are wrong in saying that Darnold is not an Elway, Luck, Manning type QB. He most certainly is. I am not a USC fan btw, I just like watching good football. And Darnold is the best QB I have seen in quite some time. You must not have watched him play more than 2 games to downplay his ability. This kid is the next peyton manning.

I dont get how people can say that about him. He could just as easily be the next Ryan Leaf, as well

TT would be a perfect compliment... to the Bills' 2014 defense. So, is the goal to sneak into the playoffs in 2017 and beyond with TT, waiting for a dominant defense to re-emerge or sell off assets, get the cap under control and enter the Darnold sweepstakes. Doesn't seem like much of a choice to me.

TT would be a perfect compliment... to the Bills' 2014 defense. So, is the goal to sneak into the playoffs in 2017 and beyond with TT, waiting for a dominant defense to re-emerge or sell off assets, get the cap under control and enter the Darnold sweepstakes. Doesn't seem like much of a choice to me.

It's a conundrum. Sneaking into the playoffs is our path until Brady and Bill hang em up.

Arthur Moats settled a HOF career in one play. Don't wish that on anybody, even T. Terrific, but at 40?

Then pray Belicheck magic was Brady deep.

It is. We beat them week 4. Brady leaves and bellichek will not win another AFC championship

I've seen plenty of folks who believe we should let Tyrod hit free agency, unload bloated contracts and tank for next year posturing in the draft. Am I for this? No, I think we have a lot of talent on this team and truly don't know if I can continue to stomach rebuild after rebuild. However, if we do go this route let's make it interesting. I realize that this is not realistic but it's interesting to get the perspective of others on how we can tank while making this team interesting to watch. Here are 3 reclamation projects at QB that I believe would at the very least peak my interest enough each week to watch a lost season.

Vince Young- Lets make him great again! That's his slogan not mine but I do find it interesting that his win-loss record as a starting QB is better than plenty of starters in this league. He's shown glimpses in the past of ability and had he stayed in the league he'd be in his prime right now. If I remember correctly his stint here was shadowed by an insane amount of debt owed to creditors and the Bills Brass willingness to trot out the same ol crap.

RG3- How can you go from slinging sammies in a Subway commercial, becoming the darling of Washington and bringing your team to the playoffs year 1.. to what he is today. Was his edge as a starting QB all he really had, his legs? Is his athleticism gone? It just baffles me and regardless if he had stayed healthy or not, last year Cleveland was a dumpster fire (excluding Pryor).

Johnny Football- His own worst enemy obviously but a former Heisman winner, the first as a freshman and what some say has the "IT" factor. I wouldn't necessarily put all my chips in on a short QB with limited understanding of complicated NFL offensive schemes but it'd be a captivating story at the very least and would sell tickets for sure.

If we tank, Russ Brandon will have to do something to sell tickets. Russ... pick up all 3. At least keep our attention or once again by mid season my passion will lie in the hands of my own fantasy team. I need more than this.And yes, interesting must be my word of the day hahahaha, yikes.

Haha, we can't even lose with style.Ryan, hypothetically speaking what would you do to clear cap, accrue picks and ensure a losing season? While keeping fans money coming in and media a buzz?

Replace Tyrod's salary with a rookie qb's salary. Peace out Gilmore, Graham, Zach Brown.

I think a losing season is a given with Matt Ryan, Brady 2x, Carr, Brees, Rivers, Cam, Broncos D, Luck, Jameis, @KC on the schedule.

QB at 10 WR at 44 CB/SAFETY 3rd rd. Rookie qb is all that's needed to gain my interest

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Replace Tyrod's salary with a rookie qb's salary. Peace out Gilmore, Graham, Zach Brown.

I think a losing season is a given with Matt Ryan, Brady 2x, Carr, Brees, Rivers, Cam, Broncos D, Luck, Jameis, @KC on the schedule.

QB at 10 WR at 44 CB/SAFETY 3rd rd. Rookie qb is all that's needed to gain my interest

roll with the rookie? I could see it but how does it do for the rookie HC? do you give him an extra 2 years to get through the growing pains and the unknown as to whether the rookie QB succeeds? and if he fails, like many before him, do you put it all on the coaching staff and keep the carousel going around? or keep McD, fire whaley and give him 3 more years starting from scratch with another rookie or fa QB?

crap shoot, when rolling with the rookie thrown to the wolfs his first year at the next level?

I agree though, the schedule is brutal and without any of those quality type of QB's on this team, it's going to be a real challenge. one thing has always been certain with the bills in the last 20 years. QB's and HC's, none of which have succeeded.

be real nice if they could climb out of mediocrity

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

To anoint any player after like 10 games is crazy. How many guys in college where supposed to be the next great qb and never amounted to a thing?

I predict Rosen of UCLA will be the higher draft pick this year.

To anoint any player after like 10 games is crazy. How many guys in college where supposed to be the next great qb and never amounted to a thing?

I predict Rosen of UCLA will be the higher draft pick this year.

I'll welcome either of them with open arms! Now, we need a little magic to happen, but....