If the Bills intentional tank the season DW should be fired

I hear ya. I can get behind that. I'm just saying that if they do decide to tank, I understand why. Good things can come from tanking. It's not guarantee that it works, but those that say it can't work are wrong. It can. It's just not a sure thing. All this being said, I really think we're going to go after Romo, unless they really like a couple+ of the QBs in this draft

so bringing romo means TT is gone and Bills are playing to win?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so bringing romo means TT is gone and Bills are playing to win?

Pretty obvious imo. They aren't going to acquire Romo and keep TT. Romo at his best is a much better QB than TT don't you think? A true passer that can make every throw. Of course he's a severe injury risk but if he can stay healthy, he's a traditional pocket passer than can make plays on the move QB. Unlike TT, who does things that no other QB can, but can't make the regular plays that the good QBs make. That's how I see it anyway. TT cannot be trusted to make the 3rd and long pass. He's better off running.

Yes Romo will probably get hurt. I agree. I'd prefer to tank than land Romo, but I also think Romo has a better chance at leading us to a SB than TT does.

How many times last year were you amazed that Tyrod slipped away from a sure sack to extend a play? It was uncanny! His best trait. Now, how long would have Romo lasted?

Many times. He's amazing at escaping the pass rush. It's extremely exciting. No doubt. It's the only reason I'd be OK with keeping him. Based on his play last year, it's not his best trait, it's his only trait. Too bad he's not amazing at reading defenses and delivering strikes to his target.

How many times have you seen tyrod step up in the pocket and throw the ball to a WR that wasn't wide open? I can't really recall any offhand. How many times have you seen WRs running wide open, while you're screaming at your tv "THROW THE BALL, HE'S WiDE OPEN!!!". Romo is boom or bust. TT is 7-9. If romo can stay healthy (BIG if) we're a much better team with him behind center than TT imo. I'd rather take the boom or bust rather than the QB that just isn't very good at playing QB. His entire success is based on his legs. I'd rather have a QB than a RB playing QB.

Edited by NewEra

Many times. He's amazing at escaping the pass rush. It's extremely exciting. No doubt. It's the only reason I'd be OK with keeping him. Based on his play last year, it's not his best trait, it's his only trait. Too bad he's not amazing at reading defenses and delivering strikes to his target.

Romo will get killed behind our line. Its a waste of cap space to keep a QB you know will be hurt by week 4. You wanna fork over 16M plus for a QB to play for 4 weeks maybe even just pre-season than take his retirement money and leave the team high n dry? Face it. Romo will not come here no matter how hard you fantasize about it. Wake Up Call: We are an average team that plays below its talent. Romo will go to Denver or somewhere he can compete in the playoffs. He is not going to a team that hasnt made the WC in 17 years. :lol::lol:

Seriously? A good QB would do wonders for this team. And this is better than the NHL because you're GUARANTEED to get the #1 pick. You just need to time the year out right, which could be next year with Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Jackson, Rudolph, Falk, Mayfield. (Full disclosure: I don't know a lot about all of them, but I know people are drooling over Darnold and Rosen, and they're extremely highly rated QB prospects.)

It's been 17 years, what's one more year to make sure we get a franchise QB for the next 15 years? I don't get why people are all up in arms about this. The way I see it is, if Cardale Jones is good that's great. If he's not, then we will finish with a top-5 pick (maybe higher) and have a chance at getting one of those QB's. In my opinion, it's a win-win. But I'm not sold on Cardale Jones, he just learned how to hold a football. Lol.

Get the best player available at any position this year, sign young free agents, see what you have and who you can build around...get the team ready and drop the young QB in there next season.

We've been patching holes in the Titanic for nearly two decades now, I see no issue in trying something different...this thing is bound to sink soon anyways, let's just get it done and over with now.

(Only thing is, I don't want Whaley doing the rebuild, so I would let him tear it down and bring someone better in to build it back up...or he can patch holes for another season, and someone else can tear it down and build it up.)

I'm on board with this. The defense is to stacked to be doing a tank with Cardale starting, if this is his guy.

DW is a waste of GM imo.

Just say no to the tank.

If he is intentionally tanking then it is with owners' agreement and will not be fired.

If you are intentionally tanking it is because you cannot control your drinking and are in drunk tank.

SO, time to trade up for a turd?

I seriousy doubt it. I trust the current decision makers, though no one is perfect. Time will tell.

you haven't been reading my posts at all lol.

I wouldn't trade up anything in this draft for one of these QBs. 2018 absolutely (depending on how they perform of course)

Romo will get killed behind our line. Its a waste of cap space to keep a QB you know will be hurt by week 4. You wanna fork over 16M plus for a QB to play for 4 weeks maybe even just pre-season than take his retirement money and leave the team high n dry? Face it. Romo will not come here no matter how hard you fantasize about it. Wake Up Call: We are an average team that plays below its talent. Romo will go to Denver or somewhere he can compete in the playoffs. He is not going to a team that hasnt made the WC in 17 years. :lol::lol:

Fantasize about Romo? Lol. I don't want romo. I'd just rather have him than Tyrod. My point was, if the front office wants to make a run at something greater than 7-9 this year, romo might be the answer. When healthy, he's the best qb available. I agree, he'll probably get broker. If somehow he's remains healthy ( doubtful imo) he'd be our best chance to advance the furthest into the playoffs. If he gets hurt, then they play cardal and see how he does. If cardale sucks, then we might have a good pick and a chance at the top of the board next year. You act as if I really want the Bills to get Romo. I never said that. I said, if healthy, he's better than TT.

If healthy, he is one hell of a QB and i would be fine paying him Osweiler money lol.

But those days have passed . Only luck will get him through another year.

I can see Romo and Cardale on the Bills. I could accept it as long as the contract was intelligent ( ha ha)

I just don't like it very much

you haven't been reading my posts at all lol.

I wouldn't trade up anything in this draft for one of these QBs. 2018 absolutely (depending on how they perform of course)

Yeah, the trade back this year for ammo to trade up next year scenario (or just more picks, period) looks far more attractive than going up this year.

Yeah, the trade back this year for ammo to trade up next year scenario (or just more picks, period) looks far more attractive than going up this year.

If it were me , I would be looking toward next years QB and positioning for it. Easier said than done of course.

Regardless of who starts at QB this year

Yeah, one of the only things that would get me upset this year is if we trade up for one of the QBs. If I was enameled with one or more of them I'm sure I'd feel differently, but think these guys are a notch or 2 below what I consider a top QB prospect. I like maholmes as a 2nd rd pick though.