Pigeon Forge, Tenn

I went to UT (Knoxville). Pigeon forge does have alot for kids to do. Good tip about staying in a Chalet. It should be really nice this time of year. Be sure to check out the aquarium...

256224[/snapback]

Ah!!! Aquarium, good kid stuff, thanks.

BTW, I'm glad that feature is there to adjust the topic title. I had put NC, when its really Tenn. Nice, Thanks. :doh:

I'm taking my family up to our place in Murphy, NC in two weeks from Florida, and I've heard this may be a place to take my little ones for a little entertainment. ( 3 and 18 months) We've never been there, and I've looked at numorus sites. However, I'm open to any advice. Thanks.

http://www.mypigeonforge.com/

256212[/snapback]

It's fun. But in the peak travel times it's a traffic nightmare. What's with the 3 and 18 month-olds? And why would anyone consider a vacation for infants in the first place? Buy 'em popsicles - they'de like it better. :lol:

I thought you were old dirt like me? How did you come across tiny tots? :doh:

It's fun. But in the peak travel times it's a traffic nightmare.  What's with the 3 and 18 month-olds?  And why would anyone consider a vacation for infants in the first place? Buy 'em popsicles - they'de like it better. :lol:

I thought you were old dirt like me? How did you come across tiny tots? :doh:

256234[/snapback]

Wize azz :doh:

Its our 15th on the 17th of March, we decided to travel for a while before we had crumb snatchers. Best thing that ever happened to me. Though at almost 47, They can beat the living sh&t out of me pretty easy. :huh:

I see they got 4 inches of snow today...........

I live like about 2 1/2 to 3hrs from it according to how fast your going haha. I usually stay in Gatlinburg in one of those chalets. They are so much better than a hotel.

I think you'll have fun ..... I'm going back at the end of may for a week

256219[/snapback]

I also live about 2 hrs away.Been there many times.Just like myrtle beach without the ocean. Lots for the kids to do.

Wize azz :lol:

Its our 15th on the 17th of March, we decided to travel for a while before we had crumb snatchers. Best thing that ever happened to me. Though at almost 47, They can beat the living sh&t out of me pretty easy. :doh:

I see they got 4 inches of snow today...........

256241[/snapback]

Well, I'm glad you have reproduced, which is much more than I allow for the general population. I guess you wife finally trusted you.

You will have some interesting times coming up - for a couple of decades. Take some time and study up on natural, harmless narcotics for children. Don't laugh; you know I am right. :doh:

Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge is beautiful in the fall - the Smokies are a great place to be when the weather changes.

Pigeon Forge is a very "tourist oriented" town, so you'll find plenty to do. In my experiences, the best thing to do is go hiking and/or sit on the front porch of a private chalet and take in the surroundings.

Then again, I'm not a big fan of crowds and/or tourist-y sh--.

Been there once and had a great time! Definetly get a cabin or chalet! Alot of stuff to do either on your own or on some sort of guided thing!!! Have fun man!! Although they do not serve beer in any resteraunts so be prepared for that if you go anywhere! Although that was in '98 may have changed since then.

Been there once and had a great time! Definetly get a cabin or chalet! Alot of stuff to do either on your own or on some sort of guided thing!!! Have fun man!! Although they do not serve beer in any resteraunts so be prepared for that if you go anywhere! Although that was in '98 may have changed since then.

256260[/snapback]

You are correct - it is a dry area.

The best way to combat it, is to rent a chalet for the weekend and have a couple of kegs in the back of the pick-um-up truck.

I'm taking my family up to our place in Murphy, NC in two weeks from Florida, and I've heard this may be a place to take my little ones for a little entertainment. ( 3 and 18 months) We've never been there, and I've looked at numorus sites. However, I'm open to any advice. Thanks.

256212[/snapback]

Fun times in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinberg. I live 10 hrs away and been there 4/5 times, in fact did a Smoky Mountain wedding there when I got married. Love it there.

256260[/snapback]

Well, its sounds like your a Dad, Big Daddy. What area would be a good place for a Chalet? :doh:

Any of these good?

http://www.pigeonforgeonline.com/

256212[/snapback]

Man I tell ya, that is the best vacation spot in the country. My wife and I went for our honeymoon and are going back again in October. While everything happens the short drive to Gatlinburg where the strip is, but that whole area of Gatlenburg, Townsend, Pigeon Forge, ect is one big national park. If you like outdoors, that is the place to be. Go to the Gatlinburg official website at http://www.gatlinburg.com and request a vacation packet. They'll get it to you fast. It's filled with brochures and stuff for everything that there is to do/see out there.

Man I tell ya, that is the best vacation spot in the country. My wife and I went for our honeymoon and are going back again in October. While everything happens the short drive to Gatlinburg where the strip is, but that whole area of Gatlenburg, Townsend, Pigeon Forge, ect is one big national park. If you like outdoors, that is the place to be. Go to the Gatlinburg official website at http://www.gatlinburg.com and request a vacation packet. They'll get it to you fast. It's filled with brochures and stuff for everything that there is to do/see out there.

256314[/snapback]

Thanks for the help guys, good stuff. :doh:

256212[/snapback]

Gonna get that grouper sammich while you're in tennesee? :doh:

I'm up there a couple times a year, lots of wife's family in Knoxville. If you're close to it, hit up the TN aquarium, blows the one in PF away.

Gotta hit Dollywood, it's right there on the "strip."

I actually lived in Sevierville for 5 years, about a mile from the strip in Pigeon Forge. The poster that talked about the traffic is spot on, be prepared to sit in some major traffic jams during much of the summer. Growing up we actually couldn’t buy ice cream or anything else that couldn’t sit in the car for at least an hour on the way home.

As for how fun Pigeon Forge is, that's depends on what you like to do. There is lots of miniature golf, go-carts, the water park and craft type stuff (and Dollywood, which imo, sucks) and that type of thing. I’d say you could spend a day at Dollywood and a day doing the other stuff in Pigeon Forge before getting bored with it. I'm more partial to the outdoor activities of the Smokies, not the tourist stuff in Pigeon Forge. If I was planning a vacation to the Smokies (I live in NYC now, not TN) I'd get a chalet in Gatlinburg or Townsend and avoid Pigeon Forge like the plague.

I actually lived in Sevierville for 5 years, about a mile from the strip in Pigeon Forge.  The poster that talked about the traffic is spot on, be prepared to sit in some major traffic jams during much of the summer.  Growing up we actually couldn’t buy ice cream or anything else that couldn’t sit in the car for at least an hour on the way home. 

As for how fun Pigeon Forge is, that's depends on what you like to do.  There is lots of miniature golf, go-carts, the water park and craft type stuff (and Dollywood, which imo, sucks) and that type of thing.  I’d say you could spend a day at Dollywood and a day doing the other stuff in Pigeon Forge before getting bored with it.  I'm more partial to the outdoor activities of the Smokies, not the tourist stuff in Pigeon Forge.  If I was planning a vacation to the Smokies (I live in NYC now, not TN) I'd get a chalet in Gatlinburg or Townsend and avoid Pigeon Forge like the plague.

256508[/snapback]

This looks like fun for the kids!!!! :rolleyes:

http://www.dixiestampede.com/showtime.php

You are correct - it is a dry area. 

The best way to combat it, is to rent a chalet for the weekend and have a couple of kegs in the back of the pick-um-up truck.

256263[/snapback]

It's not a DRY area! They are several ABC stores and alcohol is sold at every Food Market such as the Food Citys

I went 2 times last year and once in November.....If far from being DRY.

Every restaurant sells it too.......They have some nice bars my friends went to. I'm going to hit them up the next time

Sevierville is the worst traffic, pigeon forge is OK but Gatlinburg isnt that bad at all......

MY SUGGESTION- Park and ride the trolley, its cheap and it takes you to all the hot spots including the Aquarium and all of the other Ripley's entertainment.