Bills met this week about Taylor; it may be up to McDermott

YoloinOhio

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, we'll see what'll happen in the future with Tyrod. I doubt it, but you could certainly be right.

But you're talking about Kaepernick's second and third years, not his first and second. I'll agree with you that he got a bit worse in his third year.

And you can refuse to say it's Tyrod's sixth year if you want, but that doesn't make it less true. It really is his sixth year. And yeah, he wasn't starting. But if he'd consistently outplayed Flacco for those four years, sooner or later he would've started. And that's not what happened.

During those four years he should've been soaking up info on how to succeed as an NFL QB. How to attack and understand defenses, how to watch film, how to think about route complexes, and on and on. Which I absolutely assume he was doing. Tyrod has always been a hard worker and a bright guy.

It just isn't fair to compare him going into his fifth year to rookies, even if it was his first year as a starter.

How would you Ever justify sitting Joe Flacco. The Fan base would eat them alive. Tyrod would never be starting in Baltimore.

He has started for two years for Bills.

There is no substitute for live bullets. none.

But you are very correct, I would not compare him to any second year rookie player either. He understand the NFL very well.

so it is a bit grey isn't it ?

Well, we'll see what'll happen in the future with Tyrod. I doubt it, but you could certainly be right.

But you're talking about Kaepernick's second and third years, not his first and second. I'll agree with you that he got a bit worse in his third year.

And you can refuse to say it's Tyrod's sixth year if you want, but that doesn't make it less true. It really is his sixth year. And yeah, he wasn't starting. But if he'd consistently outplayed Flacco for those four years, sooner or later he would've started. And that's not what happened.

During those four years he should've been soaking up info on how to succeed as an NFL QB. How to attack and understand defenses, how to watch film, how to think about route complexes, and on and on. Which I absolutely assume he was doing. Tyrod has always been a hard worker and a bright guy.

It just isn't fair to compare him going into his fifth year to rookies, even if it was his first year as a starter.

I used those for Kap's years cuz 11' it wasnt a full season, I think it was 6 or 7 and then playoffs.

Doing Scout Team QB stuff and starting when real bullets are flying are two totally different things though.

NOBODY is sitting with the back up QB and going over his own film. Not happening.

Like you said tho well see what happens with Tyrod in the future. I just hate putting a ceiling on people that early.

I used those for Kap's years cuz 11' it wasnt a full season, I think it was 6 or 7 and then playoffs.

Doing Scout Team QB stuff and starting when real bullets are flying are two totally different things though.

NOBODY is sitting with the back up QB and going over his own film. Not happening.

Like you said tho well see what happens with Tyrod in the future. I just hate putting a ceiling on people that early.

Agreed. But there is a difference between someone who makes the right reads and progresses by making less mistakes or someone who just needs to be trained out of having happy feet vs someone who consistently misses wide open receivers and refuses to throw with anticipation, which means he has poor timing and doesn't trust his receivers.

Agreed. But there is a difference between someone who makes the right reads and progresses by making less mistakes or someone who just needs to be trained out of having happy feet vs someone who consistently misses wide open receivers and refuses to throw with anticipation, which means he has poor timing and doesn't trust his receivers.

Would you trust those guys ? whomever they were? Only guy he ever just chucked it to was Watkins. And this just in, TT caught some risky balls in doubles.So I would like to see more of that. But i also think opportunities were never designed for that offense under Roman. The screens were garbage plays.

Something Bills should excel at with these players. The rubs and yes i know ! The slants!

Tyrod absolutely needs to take more risks moving forward, when the defense can get him back the ball regularly.

But i still see a run centric game by the Bills.

Would you trust those guys ? whomever they were? Only guy he ever just chucked it to was Watkins. And this just in, TT caught some risky balls in doubles.So I would like to see more of that. But i also think opportunities were never designed for that offense under Roman. The screens were garbage plays.

Something Bills should excel at with these players. The rubs and yes i know ! The slants!

Tyrod absolutely needs to take more risks moving forward, when the defense can get him back the ball regularly.

But i still see a run centric game by the Bills.

I see what you're saying, but trust isn't really limited to lobbing deep balls, which it seems you are referring to. Timing passes on short and intermediate routes require trust and he simply failed to make those throws. That's why he holds on to the ball too long. It makes our offense dangerously predictable. If a team can hold up in coverage once TT drops back, they don't need to worry about quick hits, they just need to stay relatively close to their receivers and TT will play defense for them by breaking the pocket or throwing out of bounds.

That said, our offense last year did TT few favors. He needs to get out of the pocket so he can see the field better and be put in a position to succeed. Interestingly enough, bootlegs are a staple of the offense that Kubiak and Dennison typically ran. It's feasible that he could make significant strides in an offense that plays more to his strengths, but I'm not holding my breath.

I see what you're saying, but trust isn't really limited to lobbing deep balls, which it seems you are referring to. Timing passes on short and intermediate routes require trust and he simply failed to make those throws. That's why he holds on to the ball too long. It makes our offense dangerously predictable. If a team can hold up in coverage once TT drops back, they don't need to worry about quick hits, they just need to stay relatively close to their receivers and TT will play defense for them by breaking the pocket or throwing out of bounds.

That said, our offense last year did TT few favors. He needs to get out of the pocket so he can see the field better and be put in a position to succeed. Interestingly enough, bootlegs are a staple of the offense that Kubiak and Dennison typically ran. It's feasible that he could make significant strides in an offense that plays more to his strengths, but I'm not holding my breath.

just to answer quickly. I did mean " Any throws to Sammy" . Some of those, from 2015 after Watkins made his proclamation about getting the ball were pure trust. Crossing routes, hooks, he just kept throwing at him. And honestly I was cringing at many of them. I should have been more specific to make my point about TT ability to Trust SW to catch the ball He did and he did.

Did not happen last year much, and some might suggest , not at all.

Down season for sure for throwing and catching and YAC 2016

I appreciate your finer point about bootlegs and the New Coaching tendencies.

I freely admit, I am not holding my breath either. But i maintain a positive attitude about TT.

If they move on ? So be it, I wont flip my lid.

:beer:

Edited by 3rdand12

See thats the thing tho. In 2015 when he 1st started he had happy feet, hes progressed on that. He wasnt using the middle of the field at all really, in 2016 he improved on that too. The lack of trust in the WRs and himself is real and IMO is holding him back, I still think he can keep getting better, just hope for a bigger step next year regardless if hes in Buffalo or not.

See thats the thing tho. In 2015 when he 1st started he had happy feet, hes progressed on that. He wasnt using the middle of the field at all really, in 2016 he improved on that too. The lack of trust in the WRs and himself is real and IMO is holding him back, I still think he can keep getting better, just hope for a bigger step next year regardless if hes in Buffalo or not.

Yep. I think he has head room and will continue to improve. At what might well depend on who is Coaching him.

Definitely epitomizes " Coaching to a players strengths " This Kid needs the right guy(s) to get most they can from him in the manner he is best able.

I will be the first to say I was wrong if he plays another season with out Beloved :unsure: Bills and does not show progress we can all see.

ps I am willing to pay him to find out.

Coaching Coaching Coaching. What do the McDermott gang think, is all that matters though ;)

Yep. I think he has head room and will continue to improve. At what might well depend on who is Coaching him.

Definitely epitomizes " Coaching to a players strengths " This Kid needs the right guy(s) to get most they can from him in the manner he is best able.

I will be the first to say I was wrong if he plays another season with out Beloved :unsure: Bills and does not show progress we can all see.

ps I am willing to pay him to find out.

Coaching Coaching Coaching. What do the McDermott gang think, is all that matters though ;)

Right for a QB like Tyrod its about the bolded. We will officially find out what McDermy and gang think by the 2nd week of march, 3 weeks from now!

Right for a QB like Tyrod its about the bolded. We will officially find out what McDermy and gang think by the 2nd week of march, 3 weeks from now!

I think this is kinda exciting. We fans really have NO idea what they are going to do.

winning the offseason in new ways !

Agree. It is entertainment isnt it

I do think it is the best approach to the state of the game these days. Have fun with it. It not your fathers game so find what you can to enjoy about NFL Football.

For me it is just keeping tabs on the Bills. and yes it does entertain me. as does this fine flock of fellows here, and Madams of course!

I do think it is the best approach to the state of the game these days. Have fun with it. It not your fathers game so find what you can to enjoy about NFL Football.

For me it is just keeping tabs on the Bills. and yes it does entertain me. as does this fine flock of fellows here, and Madams of course!

Yep. Sometimes this is all we as Bills fans have.

My guess is McD plays it safe and stays with Taylor as a bridge , hopefully with a different incentive contract.

I would rather let Taylor go to save cap and try to sign Rick Wagner at RT , keep Groy , Z Brown

Rick Wagner 'rebuffed' Ravens contract offer
Feb 13 - 5:02 PM
There was a Wednesday report that the Steelers view Landry Jones as one of the NFL's top backups, so re-signing him appears it will be a priority
or Hoyer for a cheaper bridge
Edited by ALF