The only Mahomes thread you need

Estro

He ain't going 10th bruh. If he goes 10, we'll definitely regret it. There are no surefire, can't miss QB prospects this year. There isn't even a consensus #1...maybe Watson...

Surefire can't miss QB's come once a decade. If that is the standard you will never get a QB.

What HOF players are we passing on at 10 in your mind? I have seen people talking about a WR, TE, LB, and CB. None of which are surefire, can't miss prospects either.

Edited by jeffismagic

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lot of mocks have the Texans drafting him in the 1st round at pick 25.

Why so salty ?

I never said he wasn't a first round prospect. I have also went onto say he'll most likely be the first QB off the board.

However, I don't think he's worth 10th overall. He's way to raw fot my taste and I remember Manuel being raw and being forced into action to quick...

Today's NFL seldom will give QBS time to develop.

They have a TT jersey?

I absolutely hate TT. I want a QB more than anyone.I want the right one

this guy is a great wild card for the draft so far. People want him and might well trample over draft picks for him.

He is there ten 11 12? you take him?

Should be a poll in this thread.

They have a TT jersey?

must be. its either or right ?

I expect the Bills to draft one. I trade down would make it easier for me.

But if they take one at Ten?? I will root for him and then set him down for one season.

If folks could sit on their hands patiently for nearly a a full season I would be fine with whomever they pick in the first or second round. As long as we fans can show some patience for just one season and let a kid get settled in i do not mind picking one early this year

I never said he wasn't a first round prospect. I have also went onto say he'll most likely be the first QB off the board.

However, I don't think he's worth 10th overall. He's way to raw fot my taste and I remember Manuel being raw and being forced into action to quick...

Today's NFL seldom will give QBS time to develop.

I absolutely hate TT. I want a QB more than anyone.I want the right one

Agree and I want Trubisky.

Also threw the ball close to 600 times in back to back years.

So what, it says that Mahomes is a real QB who was trusted to pass the ball a ton, while Nassib was nothing more than a game managing QB...in college.

Not to mention, Mahomes is being looked at by about 18 NFL teams. Nassib probably only had about 4 or 5 interested teams.

Your comparison is way off.

Edited by 1billsfan

So a fan has been all over him, means professional teams will be as well.

Gotcha.

Relax there chief--you asked why all the fuss over Mahomes.

My answer is that I've been watching the kid for a long time and think he can be a franchise QB.

Very few of us on this board are slaves to the talking heads...that was the point.

I am bias towards Watson. I do think Trubisky has a lot of potential and think Mahomes has a lot of potential as well.

However, I don't think this class is the best to be taking a QB 10th overall.

I don't mean this in a snarky way, but if that's the case, then what's your plan for the future of the QB position?

I've argued that it's paramount to identify your guy and take your shot. For as much as the EJ pick failed, it was absolutely the right approach. They didn't have a franchise hopeful at the QB position, so they identified the guy that they thought had the best chance and took him.

I'd have zero issue if they do it again.

I am bias towards Watson. I do think Trubisky has a lot of potential and think Mahomes has a lot of potential as well.

However, I don't think this class is the best to be taking a QB 10th overall.

I'd be happy with any of the 3, partly because I think Taylor stinks.

If the Bills pass on Trubisky AND Mahomes at 10 it's torches and pitchforks time.

I'm not trying to upset you, but I think you might want to prepare yourself for this eventuality.

I keep having a really bad feeling that Arizona is going to take Mahomes at 13...not sure why.

I don't mean this in a snarky way, but if that's the case, then what's your plan for the future of the QB position?

I've argued that it's paramount to identify your guy and take your shot. For as much as the EJ pick failed, it was absolutely the right approach. They didn't have a franchise hopeful at the QB position, so they identified the guy that they thought had the best chance and took him.

Sounds like he only wants to take a QB from a "good class". My guess is he heard that from a talking head and now wants to dismiss every QB in 2017.

after they trade down to 15

0:)

I'm not trying to upset you, but I think you might want to prepare yourself for this eventuality.

I keep having a really bad feeling that Arizona is going to take Mahomes at 13...not sure why.

Yes, having a private workout with Arians who loves the deep vertical game and their owner tells me Arizona runs to the podium.

I could nearly bet Arizona is going to take one early

Try and trade back and acquire assets. At least with Manuel that's what we did. The staff identified him, but also knew they would be better off waiting and moving down in the draft.

We have seen QBS start to pop up in various rounds of the draft, I think if you can trust your scouting department than maybe we have something in Cardale.

I mean, my think is, I absolutely despise TT. I never liked him from day one and sure as heck don't like him now.

However, we also have a massive amount of holes and the one thing the more successful QBs have in common is they typically are stepping into a better situation roster wise.

If buffalo does go QB I won't be up in arms but I don't think this is the draft class to get one at ten.