JP Losman video from his Tulane days

LabattBlue

I had contacted a person in the Tulane athletic dept. a couple of weeks back, who said she'd be glad to send out a video of one of his games. I forwarded my address to her, but never heard anything back. When I emailed this person late last week asking if she had received my address info, she got a bit of an attitude as in "how quick do you need this".

At this point I'm a little leary that I will actually get a tape of the game, but if it ever arrives, those interested will be the first to know.

Guest BackInDaDay

Just curious, did you contact the Bills? They may have kept his Tulane tapes, or maybe the tape from his Combine/Pro-day workouts. Don't know if they'ld release it, even if they still had it.

I had contacted a person in the Tulane athletic dept. a couple of weeks back, who said she'd be glad to send out a video of one of his games. I forwarded my address to her, but never heard anything back. When I emailed this person late last week asking if she had received my address info, she got a bit of an attitude as in "how quick do you need this".

Well, can you blame her?

ok, you're a rabid Bills fan and all, I've seen the syndrome and have some understanding of your obsession.

But to the average person, you must sound like some sort of jackass, getting all worried and anxious over the swift arrival of a taped college football game from at least two seasons ago. It's not as if she's sitting around twiddling her thumbs in the JP Losman Gametape Warehouse, eagerly awaiting an order for an outdated Tulane game that will promptly send her into action.

Gee...how inconsiderate of her to be so casual with this urgent matter!!!!

It may not be real convenient for her to get it and go to the post office right away. Maybe she actually has a life. Possibly you should get one too.

Sorry if this comes off as sounding hostile, but do you realise how ridiculously desperate you sound.

Guest BackInDaDay
Well, can you blame her?

ok, you're a rabid Bills fan and all, I've seen the syndrome and have some understanding of your obsession.

But to the average person, you must sound like some sort of jackass, getting all worried and anxious over the swift arrival of a taped college football game from at least two seasons ago. It's not as if she's sitting around twiddling her thumbs in the JP Losman Gametape Warehouse, eagerly awaiting an order for an outdated Tulane game that will promptly send her into action.

It may not be real convenient for her to get it and go to the post office right away. Maybe she actually has a life. Possibly you should get one too.

Sorry if this comes off as sounding hostile, but do you realise how ridiculously desperate you sound.

255889[/snapback]

Geesh, cut the guy a break! He's 'jonesn' for a JP fix. Addicts are pathetic lot, but have some compassion. :doh:

Well, can you blame her?

255889[/snapback]

You didn't see the content of my email so don't be so quick to judge. I didn't say anything like "why haven't you sent me the f***ing tape yet."

It's people like you sticking your 2 cents into a thread that cause the problems we have around here. :doh:

255889[/snapback]

wow...you're lame.

Labatt- Who did you contact over there? Most SID's cover two sports if not more and its hard for them to handle that with games almost every day. As well, with baskeball conference tourney's coming up their days get even more and more hectic. I know you are craving the tape (as well i would like to somehow get a copy from you if possible down the road) but patience may be your best bet. SID's have little time especially when they aren't at a major school where each SID can have their own sport.

Labatt- Who did you contact over there?  Most SID's cover two sports if not more and its hard for them to handle that with games almost every day.  As well, with baskeball conference tourney's coming up their days get even more and more hectic.  I know you are craving the tape (as well i would like to somehow get a copy from you if possible down the road) but patience may be your best bet.  SID's have little time especially when they aren't at a major school where each SID can have their own sport.

255967[/snapback]

I am being patient. I just sent a follow up email asking if they received the email with my address info. I wasn't even planning on following up at this point. If they send the tape great, if not, then...oh well.

The person I contacted was the asst. AD.

You didn't see the content of my email so don't be so quick to judge.  I didn't say anything like "why haven't you sent me the f***ing tape yet."

It's people like you sticking your 2 cents into a thread that cause the problems we have around here. :doh:

255950[/snapback]

Easy Blue. Don't take it personally. I'm not trying to cause problems. I just wanted to provide some perspective. In the big scheme of things, it really does come off as being silly. Sure, maybe not to you! I can respect that.

But to this woman who has been kind enough to volunteer procurement and delivery of this sacred Tulane game, it probably isn't at the top of her priority list as she makes her way out in the morning.

If you're that desperate, negotiate. Make it worth her while so that it's as important to her as it is to you. It has to balance out. Money talks.

If you come off like a nitwit pest, she's just as likely to think along the lines of, "screw you. why should I bother. Hell, I was doing you a favor".

Keep an eye out on ESPN2 or classic for a Tulane game with Losman at QB.

In the mean time, maybe you can get your cajun fix with the classic 'A Streetcar Named DESIRE'.

Well, can you blame her?

255889[/snapback]

:doh:

I had a guy that was sending me three of JP Losmans best games. He has not returned my emails of late. But Im not giving up. I have another guy for a backup

thats suppose to send me the Hawaii bowl....if either come through this board will

be the first to know.

Easy Blue. Don't take it personally. I'm not trying to cause problems. I just wanted to provide some perspective. In the big scheme of things, it really does come off as being silly. Sure, maybe not to you! I can respect that.

But to this woman who has been kind enough to volunteer procurement and delivery of this sacred Tulane game, it probably isn't at the top of her priority list as she makes her way out in the morning.

If you're that desperate, negotiate. Make it worth her while so that it's as important to her as it is to you. It has to balance out. Money talks.

If you come off like a nitwit pest, she's just as likely to think along the lines of, "screw you. why should I bother. Hell, I was doing you a favor".

Keep an eye out on ESPN2 or classic for a Tulane game with Losman at QB.

In the mean time, maybe you can get your cajun fix with the classic 'A Streetcar Named DESIRE'.

255980[/snapback]

Personally Lebatt I understand your frustration.....

I also would like to have some game film to go over....if for no other reason then you like to study bills player tendancies....and when you couple that with the fact that JPL just doesn't have a lot of film available on him in retro games on TV....he is a mystery......

I myself would like to get ahold of his senior bowl film....where folks said he didn't play that well....